Would you rather...

Bowie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't understand some on here. We haven't won a trophy for ages. Is the league cup not good enough? Let's be honest - it'll probably be the only realistic chance of silverware for us in the next years if not something happens (owner-wise)

Bit harder for people from shit nations to choose, as Newcastle winning the League Cup would happen 999 out of 1000 times before the 1 in 1000th time Norway would win the World Cup.

Still would go Newcastle winning the League Cup, though.

In that case you're right.

Was more surprised to see people saying they wouldn't be happy with the Carling Cup because it's "just the Carling Cup".

id rather we won the coin toss at the start of the match than england the world cup

in my opinion anyone that chooses england over NUFC is not a true NUFC fan by any means

This. And this goes with any Nation imo. (In case somebody supports Ireland, Italy or some strange little Islands)

I'm not fussed about England, but this is total bullshit tbh.

Turboshit is what it is.

If I was the FA Cup then I would have chosen Newcastle.

What is the difference like? The League cup is a major trophy, if we won that I would be fucking elated!

We've won fuck all for 41 years and people are saying no to the Carling Cup, Jesus Christ.

Can't understand some on here. We haven't won a trophy for ages. Is the league cup not good enough? Let's be honest - it'll probably be the only realistic chance of silverware for us in the next years if not something happens (owner-wise)

Bit harder for people from shit nations to choose, as Newcastle winning the League Cup would happen 999 out of 1000 times before the 1 in 1000th time Norway would win the World Cup.

Still would go Newcastle winning the League Cup, though.

In that case you're right.

Was more surprised to see people saying they wouldn't be happy with the Carling Cup because it's "just the Carling Cup".

I think it's more in comparison to their nation winning the WC, as the League Cup isn't really a tournament most clubs or fans take all that serious. While the World Cup is, well, the World Cup.

Guest neesy111

funny how many ppl dissing league cup, absolute bonkers how many trophy's can a team win a season it's 1000's, only 3 and the league cup is a 3rd!

Guest BooBoo

I'd say the vast majority of club supporters would love to win the League Cup. Chelsea wankers being the main exception.

Guest neesy111

id rather we won the coin toss at the start of the match than england the world cup

in my opinion anyone that chooses england over NUFC is not a true NUFC fan by any means

This. And this goes with any Nation imo. (In case somebody supports Ireland, Italy or some strange little Islands)

Turboshit is what it is.

your turboshit

international football is on it's last legs at this time, especially when most of the top club sides in europe are 10x better than their retrospective teams

A trophy means nothing without reputation. The League Cup has little to no reputation, therefore I don't really care about winning it nearly as much as a competition with reputation - FA Cup, Premier League, World Cup.

Turboshit is what it is.

your turboshit

international football is on it's last legs at this time, especially when most of the top club sides in europe are 10x better than their retrospective teams

You're, YOU'RE. How many fucking times can you get it wrong.

And you're point is totally irrelevant.

Don't think I could tolerate England winning the world cup, would result in a complete media wankfest, not to mention all the cunts that would hop on the bandwaggon. Newcastle every single time, no doubt about it.

Guest neesy111

A trophy means nothing without reputation. The League Cup has little to no reputation, therefore I don't really care about winning it nearly as much as a competition with reputation - FA Cup, Premier League, World Cup.

hmm, is that why the biggest club in the world have taken it serious over the last 5 seasons?

Guest neesy111

Don't think I could tolerate England winning the world cup, would result in a complete media wankfest, not to mention all the cunts that would hop on the bandwaggon. Newcastle every single time, no doubt about it.

this x1000

What is the difference like? The League cup is a major trophy, if we won that I would be fucking elated!

We've won fuck all for 41 years and people are saying no to the Carling Cup, Jesus Christ.

It just doesn't and never will have the same magic or prestige.

And? Who cares about the reputation the trophy has?

What do you want your club to win? The champions league? The Premier League? Well, you might have chosen the wrong club to support then.

What do you want your club to win? The champions league? The Premier League? Well, you might have chosen the wrong club to support then.

So you just want to win so you can get something shiny?

No. But didn't you also celebrate the Championship win?

I would agree with your point if we were talking about a Amsterdam pre season tournament which nobody cared about.

My country winning the World Cup is the greatest thing that could happen to me in sporting terms other than the Knicks deciding they need a small forward or Newcastle deciding they need a new centreback and calling me. I love NUFC, but that collectie sense is unmatched for a person lke me. You cannot imagine what it would do for these people, what it would do for this country. Again it is probaly different for those who live in Newcastle because of that collective sense.

Actually, I just noticed the poll said England, and that would be awful if they won the World Cup, Newcastle by far :lol:

As opposed to what, fuck all?

I don't understand any Newcastle United fan who claims they would turn down the League Cup. So what if it isn't as popular amongst other fans as the FA Cup or the Premiership, we have been starved of success, the League Cup would end our horrific trophyless run and would shut the cunts who mock our club up.

As opposed to what, fuck all?

I don't understand any Newcastle United fan who claims they would turn down the League Cup. So what if it isn't as popular amongst other fans as the FA Cup or the Premiership, we have been starved of success, the League Cup would end our horrific trophyless run and would shut the cunts who mock our club up.

As opposed to the World Cup for England?! i.e. the question at the top of the page.

I would agree with your point if we were talking about a Amsterdam pre season tournament which nobody cared about.

I never said I wouldn't celebrate a League Cup win, but I wouldn't celebrate it more than an England World Cup win.

I never said I wouldn't celebrate a League Cup win, but I wouldn't celebrate it more than an England World Cup win.

Hm, ok. Forgot about the topic actually.  :lol: