Adopted teams

Keefaz

You can live, eat and party in Barcelona pretty cheaply tbf. Just go to the local places and avoid all the ex-pat/tourist oriented stuff. All the joints in el Barri Gòtic for example are hip-cool and look like the preferred spot for foreigners, but are overpriced as hell.

Guest firetotheworks

Cheap hostel, supermercado for your peeve and bait. Jobs a good un. This formula is applicable in all countries that aren't cheap to start off with.

The pakistani-owned supermarkets are supercheap and open late hours.

:lol: These crazy Spaniards with their different customs.

Cheap hostel, supermercado for your peeve and bait. Jobs a good un. This formula is applicable in all countries that aren't cheap to start off with.

The pakistani-owned supermarkets are supercheap and open late hours.

:lol: These crazy Spaniards with their different customs.

:lol:

I once bought a 40-year old liquor in a pakistani supermarket, for 0,5€. My stomach still remembers it :smug: :icon_puke_r:

I once bought a loaf of bread in a Pakistani supermarket. Lost my house.

I have quite a few teams that i have a soft spot for but wouldn't say i have adopted them as my second team, which includes Barcelona, Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniours, Flamengo and i know this one will not be popular but i can't deny i have a soft spot for Liverpool.

If you haven't had anything stolen in Barcelona you haven't been to Barcelona.

Madrid and Barcelona are terrible for pickpocketing/stealing. They expressly target foreigners too. Got a couple of wallets stolen myself.

Its those shneaky gypsey women selling you roses. get you everytime. My mate bought a rose, walked away, got a tap on the shoulder from a policeman 2 secs down the road handig him his wallet. he couldn't imagine how she'd got it without him noticing at all.

Same on the beach next to the harbour, we were all playing football or something, had left bags in a pile to the side of us, and some guy had wandered over and grabbed a bag and walked off. Didn't notice until some guy sunbathing pointed him out walking away with it, at this point 15 17 year old geordies start running after this guy with my mates bag (probably nowt in it like). I've never seen someone look more shocked. He bailed fairly sharpish, dropped the bag, but lost us in the side streets.

A common trick is when you are sitting on a bar table outside and you have your wallet/cell phone on the table. They come to you selling roses, newspapers, whatever and leave them on the table as they make the sales pitch. When you say no and they pick up their stuff they also pick your wallet.

Guest firetotheworks

This guy offered my mate some beer for 1 euro, opened it '5 euros' my mate said 'ok' took it, and then gave him 1 euro, then just ignored him until he went. It was good, but really fucking awkward.

OFI Crete are my second team, naturally since I'm half Greek and was born on the island. They also play in black & white, and are the club we signed Nikos Papavasiliou from. Also attend the odd Heed game.

My dad is a Liverpool fan, in a way. Although he's B&W through and through, he can't bear to watch them play. He's like a battered wife and NUFC is the husband. Or a battered sister and NUFC is Callum Davenport. Liverpool is his way of 'supporting' a team without getting too involved.

Guest taps01

Real Mallorca for me. I was a season ticket holder there the season they got promoted to la liga.

Galca that season...what a player!

Inter have been my second team after I spent alot of my youth on holiday in Italy - I have family that live out there.

I've been to quite a few Hartlepool games and always look out for their results, because one side of my family is from there.

So yeah, they're my only real 'adopted' teams, and are through family reasons.

I have quite a few teams that i have a soft spot for but wouldn't say i have adopted them as my second team, which includes Barcelona Bilbao, Borussia Dortmund, Boca Juniours, Flamengo and i know this one will not be popular but i can't deny i have a soft spot for Liverpool.

Like the underdog do you?