Are you looking forward to the new season?

Guest BooBoo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm looking forward to it, as usual, but nervous that we could struggle unless we invest, the season could turn pretty sour pretty quick and we'll want it to end.

Can't wait, mainly because i can't wait for the start of any season.

However, there is a feeling of mediocrity around. Theres no real excitment. From the statement, to the new shit shirts, theres just a sense of cheapness around. It feels like we're a bit like Bolton. If we just get in a load of loan players that will make it worse.

After this shite World Cup, the static transfer window for us and the prospect of relegation again while being turned over by sunderland. No, cannot say i'm particularly too excited about the new season tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

Has someone seriously just said that the shirt design has taken the excitement from the close season? 

No i said the CLUB via their efforts during the close season(listing two of their bigger mistakes in this time) has SOMEWHAT taken some excitement away from what is normally a time of looking forward to seeing how we will line up.

We have know for some time we were going up, people were looking forward to seeing who we would sign, what our strips would be etc, the CLUB spoilt some of that excitement via their actions. Lets not let what i said get in your way though eh? :rolleyes:

The very idea that the look of a strip can have any influence on how excited or otherwise i am about  a forthcoming football season is an anathema to me.  You suggested that the this was the case.  I think this is silly.  Get over it.

I suggested the club overall, the fact you still cant see it shows what little your opinion holds. Get over yourself.

Btw our first two games of the season (Man Utd, Villa) are both live on TV and therefore no 3pm kick offs. (source: nufc.com)

Away on holiday the day of Villa game if it's moved. Wife will be happy when i no sooner step off the plane and want to watch football.

As much as i love the games, i quite enjoy the summer too. It's relatively stress free, and i've got more time to do things at weekends. I'll soon get back into it when it comes around.

don't know how i became so numb with watching top flight football; i'd rather lower division or foreign games...love playing football more than ever before even though i'm fat and old but talk to me about the premiershit and i can't be arsed

guess it's just that i could pretty much get a pen now, in july, and more or less write down the table and it'd be right in all the places that matter

so no, not looking forward to it other than the fact that we're back where we belong

Has someone seriously just said that the shirt design has taken the excitement from the close season? 

No i said the CLUB via their efforts during the close season(listing two of their bigger mistakes in this time) has SOMEWHAT taken some excitement away from what is normally a time of looking forward to seeing how we will line up.

We have know for some time we were going up, people were looking forward to seeing who we would sign, what our strips would be etc, the CLUB spoilt some of that excitement via their actions. Lets not let what i said get in your way though eh? :rolleyes:

The very idea that the look of a strip can have any influence on how excited or otherwise i am about  a forthcoming football season is an anathema to me.  You suggested that the this was the case.  I think this is silly.  Get over it.

I suggested the club overall, the fact you still cant see it shows what little your opinion holds. Get over yourself.

You said the club overall and cited the princely sum of 2 examples, one of which being the choice of strip.  I'm not denying that the statemnet was a huge blow, but the strip is of negligible significance.  You suggested otherwise and you're entitled to your opinion (a luxury you seem loathe to afford to others).  I happen to think you were wrong. That's ok isn't it?

Guest Roger Kint

So you're arguing the poster not the post? Gotcha ok no problem mate, am fine with that

Your post said that the new strip had played a role in reducing your excitement of the pending season.  This is irrefutable.  I think it's a daft thing to have said.  That's the post, not the poster?  Though the 2 are pretty clearly linked as you typed it?

Guest Roger Kint

Your post said that the new strip had played a role in reducing your excitement of the pending season.  This is irrefutable.  I think it's a daft thing to have said.  That's the post, not the poster?  Though the 2 are pretty clearly linked as you typed it?

No i said the club and gave two examples but why let that get in the way for you, how long you want to keep dragging this for? Am going to bed soon so you may have to wait a while....

Guest Roger Kint

I agree.  It's a non-argument. You said it.  It made you look a fickle tool.  You're now embarrassed.  Understandable that you want to draw a line.  Enjoy the slumber

Fickle tool? You not seen the puma thread or are you saving your stupidity for this chat? You made this more than it ever was and now try and act clever, nice try. Theres plenty for you to hit hard at elsewhere mate, why save it for me?

The fuss about it on the Puma thread is disproportionate - I'm not denying that.  You seem like the kind of lad who can't admit he was wrong though. That's what has dragged this out. That and your condescending line.  For what it is worth, I am clever.

Guest Roger Kint

The fuss about it on the Puma thread is disproportionate - I'm not denying that.  You seem like the kind of lad who can't admit he was wrong though. That's what has dragged this out. That and your condescending line.  For what it is worth, I am clever.

I am wrong a lot thanks and i know when to hold my hands up. It was dragged out because you chose to take what i said another way but still you do what you like, i dont care anymore. My beef is with the tossers who run our club not pathetic point scoring over genuine fans

I'm certainly looking forward to the Prem being back. Let's get some more up tempo footie, more challenges, fewer breaks in play, and no more vuvuzelas.

Newcastle's games themselves? meh...

Guest Roger Kint

Thanks for the admission, albeit tacit.  You can go to bed now. 

Admission? Well you couldnt read my original point so koudos for finding what you like again. Maybe one day you will post something worthwhile other than what you misinterpret. Why do people wait for one to decide they will leave it to try and out do them afterwards? This is my last post in this thread so enjoy posting more cack x

Of course I am looking forward to the new season, we're back in the Prem and will be great watching us on TV every week again. Hopefully will have the time to sneak in a few trips to Newcastle this season as well as I was sad to not have the time for coming over during the Fizzy Pop season.

I'm not looking forward to us getting beat all the time, though.

Guest Antigalican

Just checked the Sky site and although the majority of Augusts games are scheduled the opening Prem TV game isn't. Wonder when this is selected, and surely we must be in with a shout?