Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***, how can they say no to a donation?

I don't even think you asked them for funds for the initial start up either.

Can you not get back in touch with them and try to stress that this is for the foundations interest, it has no commercial/private profits and such?

We can give them all the money we want. It's about them endorsing the project and their logo being displayed on the shirt.

Like you have already said, their worry is that it is an anti Ashley protest, we have to get the message across that this isn't the case.

This. I really would love this to happen.

When did they say they wanted to talk in more detail?

Just a simple asking for a thorough business proposal rather than a general description of an idea and process before they could decide if they could make an exception from their "no commercial ventures" rule. 

When do you plan to get back to them? And how? In person/by phone/email?

They won't see anything before Monday regardless, so sometime during the weekend. And it'll be through e-mail sending them said business proposal so they can look through it at their own leisure.

The mock-up from TU is pretty impressive- one or two tweaks and we're there.

Now this may sound slightly ambitious/running before we can walk, but how about every shirt has a red no.9 on the back of it? Its certainly a symbolic number to NUFC which carries a lot of pride and heritage to it as we all know. It might be a step too far and collide with the 'keeping it simple' option (which I agree with) but I think it should be something to keep in mind...

Aye that would look good. Just like the old fashioned tops used to look like. No name just a number. It looks really good on my 60's TOFF's shirt. Can't find a link with the number though :(

I'm going to order the Fairs Cup winning shirt off Toffs soon and want to get a number on the back but haven't a clue what it would look like. Is it red numbering with a patch or what?

Back-up ideas at the moment:

1) Try to go through with Viga and most likely spectacularily fail as I'm uncertain anyone would be interested in being part of getting it started without the SBR foundation endorsement.

2) Try to get something done through Nike or a reseller regarding that shirt everyone is on about, which probably is the most viable back-up option.

Both options would be without a "sponsor" and would have the coat of arms as badge. Could be another sponsor if anyone has any other worthwile local Newcastle charities, but I doubt there is?

Its red numbering and you choose which number. I got 5 me da got 9. And it's a white sewn patch, with the red numbering sewn onto the patch. It looks good though because the patch isn't too big and it goes well with the shirt

Is the coat of arms copyrighted?

I doubt it. Will be checked into before anything happens though, and if it is it shouldn't be too hard to get someone on here who's good at design to make something new up resembling both the coat of arms and our club's logo history?

Is the coat of arms copyrighted?

Shouldn't be. It's of the city and local business's etc are surposed to be able to use. If you go to Middlesbrough then you will see local chippes with the Boro logo which was the same as the football clubs logo before they changed it a few years back.

I just cannot see it working without SBRF. I may be wrong, but...

Even if they give us a no. I still think we should try hard to change their minds on things...

Well, option 2 with the Nike shirt I think could work without the endorsement, as it should be possible to get a reseller to not do the shirts in bulk and the proceeds would still be donated to the foundation.

Its red numbering and you choose which number. I got 5 me da got 9. And it's a white sewn patch, with the red numbering sewn onto the patch. It looks good though because the patch isn't too big and it goes well with the shirt

Sweet! :) Cheers mate, think I'll go for the 9!

I just cannot see it working without SBRF. I may be wrong, but...

Even if they give us a no. I still think we should try hard to change their minds on things...

Bring in Raoul Moat as project negotiaton lead?

I am actually quite positive that the SBRF will give permission. I think they probably believe it is an Anti-Ahley protest, which is why they aren't sure but if you can lay their fears to rest and show them that only good for the SBRF can come out of this for their charity and that they won't have to do any work they will be quite happy to give permission. I actually think they like the idea and are hoping for their anti-Ashley fears to be put to rest hence why they haven't made a final decision.

I am actually quite positive that the SBRF will give permission. I think they probably believe it is an Anti-Ahley protest, which is why they aren't sure but if you can lay their fears to rest and show them that only good for the SBRF can come out of this for their charity and that they won't have to do any work they will be quite happy to give permission. I actually think they like the idea and are hoping for their anti-Ashley fears to be put to rest hence why they haven't made a final decision.

Hope so :)

Kaizero is there any chance we can see the email sent/recieved from the SBRF?

Hope so :)

Kaizero is there any chance we can see the email sent/recieved from the SBRF?

Not until after a final decision is given, wouldn't feel right to me as it's still an ongoing process and it'd not look good if I reposted the e-mail exchange on here and they got news of it.

If the shirt was to have a standardised name and number on the back, what should it be?

ROBSON

Though he didn't play in net. :lol:

Shearer 9?

Any ideas?

If the shirt was to have a standardised name and number on the back, what should it be?

ROBSON

Though he didn't play in net. :lol:

Shearer 9?

Any ideas?

What number did he have in his playing years?