Dan Gosling

Dave

Buys decent players? He hasn't invested a single penny in the club since he bought his shares so don't give me that.

Walter Smith chose Moyes btw.

Is it fair to say he's ran/run it fairly well then?

Not really.

Debt has spiralled under him despite no investment in the playing squad or stadium. I'm confused as to how it's even possible (where's it all gone?!) but that's what's happened. I think he must just run the club that poorly and unprofessionally (perhaps summed up by this Gosling fiasco :lol:).

The only decent thing he's done is build a new training ground but even that has been sold to property investors and we lease it back. imo our increased fortunes are solely down to having a great manager in Moyes which papers over the cracks off the field.

Going way off topic now though so I'll leave it there  O0

Buys decent players? He hasn't invested a single penny in the club since he bought his shares so don't give me that.

Not really.

Debt has spiralled under him despite no investment in the playing squad or stadium. I'm confused as to how it's even possible (where's it all gone?!) but that's what's happened. I think he must just run the club that poorly and unprofessionally (perhaps summed up by this Gosling fiasco :lol:).

The only decent thing he's done is build a new training ground but even that has been sold to property investors and we lease it back. imo our increased fortunes are solely down to having a great manager in Moyes which papers over the cracks off the field.

Cheers for the info. :thup:

Not really.

It's interesting though mate - so indulge us?  What are the debt levels like and how much do you tend to spend (net) per yeaar on transfers?

Ok then.

Steve- I think the last 2 seasons/4 windows we have a net spend of zero.

e.g. when Fellaini signed for £15m we had to sell Johnson for £9m and McFadden for £6m first. When we signed Bily, Heitinga and Distin last summer we'd got more than the total outlay for Lescott. I think Moyes net spend in his 7 years works out at something like £4m a season.

Debt levels are £40-odd million iirc. Was about £20m when Kenwright took over.

Ok then.

e.g. when Fellaini signed for £15m we had to sell Johnson for £9m and McFadden for £6m first. When we signed Bily, Heitinga and Distin last summer we'd got more than the total outlay for Lescott. I think Moyes net spend in his 7 years works out at something like £4m a season.

Cripes, Moyes is a miracle worker

Have NUFC referenced the 'Everton model' yet? Reading that, surely it's only a matter of time.

We've pretty much every other model.  Wish he'd have go at the Chelsea model

We did, unfortunately we changed just before we made any transfers.

Ok then.

What about the 12 million you spent on Yakuba, 6 million on Baines, 4 million on Jagielka and 6 million on Arteta?

I know Moyes does a reasonable job budget wise but you have conveniently forgotten abpout some of your other major acquisitions here.

Ok then.

With such a low net spending per season, how could the debt level rise during his reign? The gate receipt is too low or the wages is too high?

Ok then.

What about the 12 million you spent on Yakuba, 6 million on Baines, 4 million on Jagielka and 6 million on Arteta?

I know Moyes does a reasonable job budget wise but you have conveniently forgotten abpout some of your other major acquisitions here.

All covered by Lescott I would have thought.Plus the Rooney fee.

Guest orang

Ok then.

They are all covered in his c£4m net spend over Moyes tenure.  Yakubu, it is widely believed, was bought with a loan from Bill's 'friend' Phillip Green which had to be repaid.

The 'Everton model' isn't one you want to be following at all.  It is dependent upon one man, David Moyes, to make it work.

Zero - EFC simply do not make enough money to afford a bigger net spend, mainly due to stadium income.  There are lots of ways to improve income but this board are hell bent on a retail led (Green connection?) stadium model and nothing else. The proposed Kirkby fiasco would have still brought in less income than Anfield currently does.  Just one example of Bill and the boards incompetence.

Can't complain on a free. Like many before him, he sounds promising - just hope he's not shit.

Can he run fast? If so, that's one bonus that'll be a major help for us. If not, then meh, hopefully he's talented enough for it to not be a problem, although in truth if he's one-paced or slow then I'm not really looking forward to the prospect of him partnering one of Guthrie, Barton, Nolan or Smith. As Sir Bobby put it, we need legs in midfield, and central midfield is no exception (which is why he signed the likes of Dyer and Jenas no doubt).

Ok then.

I haven't forgotten any signings.  :rolleyes:

As I said, his net spend works out at £4m per season over his entire reign. Oh, and Arteta was £3m iirc not £6m.