France 1998 or Spain 2010 ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

For anyone that wants to bring Rivaldo into it. I hated him, and do genuinely think he was over-rated. Double promise, nee reversies.

I'm going to bed.

Uh oh, I've brought Figo into it.  :lol:

I was only taking the piss as well.

Hahah let's start comparing Zidane, Xavi, Figo and throw in Messi for good measure  :lol:

I give up, I mean for me Xavi is a brilliant player but he has not even been acknowledge as the best player of the year, let alone his generation. How can he even be considered as one of the legends like Zidane. It seems to me that most of those who are putting him on this pedestal as to be equivalent to the likes of Zidane are Barca/Spanish fans. Such blatant biasness gives very little credence to such views. I will just say that if you ask an average football fan without any affiliation to any of Barcelona, Madrid, Spain or France, I'm confident that most would say that Zidane is the better player.

For anyone that wants to bring Rivaldo into it. I hated him, and do genuinely think he was over-rated. Double promise, nee reversies.

I'm going to bed.

Ha, over-rated, best player in a World Cup champion team. Great player, you better go to bed.

The only idiocy is your own, for failing to understand that the comparison isn't like for like. For example, if you have a team full of strugglers would you want a brilliant individual with decent team play, or a brilliant team player who's a decent individual? That is the scenario that's being discussed. Idiot.

Xavi over Zidane :lol:

:mackems:

PS: Do you want the 2002 WC Nicky Butt as well? (voted as the Best Player of the Tournament by no less than Pele) - he was pretty decent at passing the ball 5 yards as well :lol:

Xavi is a good player, but Fabregas did in 20minutes what Xavi couldn't do in 90+ minutes. To give Xavi, who is a good player in a good team, the same billing as Zidane, is ridiculous. Why hasn't Ronaldo destroyed you in this thread yet?

:lol: :mackems:

This is right up there with the worst posts I've ever read on this forum. Xavi has been utterly instrumental in the resurgence of Barcelona over the last five or six years -- the likes of Ronaldinho and Messi got the accolades, but I'm sure any Barcelona fan will tell you that Xavi has been their most consistent player by some distance, continuously, at the very highest levels, throughout pretty much his entire career. He makes top class midfielders look dismally average when they're up against him. Zidane was a match-winner in that he got the goals and the assists, Xavi is a match-winner through his ability to completely dictate the tempo and flow of a game, through his touch, his constant availability to his teammates, his passing range, and his ability to work the ball in ridiculously tight situations. Comparing him to Nicky Butt is total idiocy.

I just said Nicky Butt can pass the ball over 5-yards very well, Xavi can pass the ball over 5 yards very well too. That's an attribute they both share.

My point still stands, Zidane >>> Xavi (>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2002 Nicky Butt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NUFC Nicky Butt)

:pow:

Completely off topic....

This question has been bugging me for some time now...

But anyone else thinks that Xavi bears a canny resemblance to Robert Downry Jr.??????

Actually thought that many times :lol:

Me too :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Hahah let's start comparing Zidane, Xavi, Figo and throw in Messi for good measure  :lol:

I give up, I mean for me Xavi is a brilliant player but he has not even been acknowledge as the best player of the year, let alone his generation. How can he even be considered as one of the legends like Zidane. It seems to me that most of those who are putting him on this pedestal as to be equivalent to the likes of Zidane are Barca/Spanish fans. Such blatant biasness gives very little credence to such views. I will just say that if you ask an average football fan without any affiliation to any of Barcelona, Madrid, Spain or France, I'm confident that most would say that Zidane is the better player.

Fwiw, (and for the final time like :lol:) I never actually said that Xavi is a better player than Zidane (I don't think he is), what I actually said was I think he is more useful to a team than Zidane.

Fwiw, (and for the final time like :lol:) I never actually said that Xavi is a better player than Zidane (I don't think he is), what I actually said was I think he is more useful to a team than Zidane.

What's the difference?

s***, I promised myself not to stir up this more :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

What's the difference?

s***, I promised myself not to stir up this more :lol:

I can only really talk in shit analogies and Hollywood tag-lines.

Xavi is an architect.

Zidane is an incredible builder.

One man is footballing genius, the other.IS.FOOTBALL! In cinemas July 18th.

Let's cast the net even wider:

Baggio > Zidane? Discuss.

And maybe even Bergkamp > Zidane? Discuss.

;)

Waste of time, nothing to discuss, not even close

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, that's not even worth thinking about, let alone mentioning.

...but Xavi does :lol:

Does he? I don't recall comparing them.