France 1998 or Spain 2010 ?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stu, get a grip man seriously.  I have never said Xavi is better than Zidane, in fact in the same post you've quoted i said Zidane had/has: "much more natural talent and will rightly be remembered as one of the greats and also be held in higher regard than Xavi due to his sublime talent"

What on earth are you finding so difficult to understand?  :facepalm:

It's truly starting to intrigue me.

Congrats then at least you have a sense of perspective. On my part, I never said that Xavi wasn't good. In this thread alone, I've called him best midfielder currently, best passer, brilliant....etc.

It's only when posters like Messi and Village Idiot, funnily enough two Barcelona/Spanish fans (correct me if I am wrong) argues that Xavi is as good as Zidane, that the debate becomes silly.

How come we didn't see any of Xavi's throughballs in the WC final? Fabregas only had 20minutes and he managed an assist...

What about his thoughball for Torres in the Euro 2008 Final, or his pin point cross to Messi in the Champions League Final?

Frankly you don't have a clue what you're talking about and should quit while you're behind.

Well that would simply mean that he was unable to reproduce his Barcelona form for this World Cup (at least in terms of assist). This again puts the comparison with Zidane into perspective who had no problems reproducing his Madrid form for France.

Stu, get a grip man seriously.  I have never said Xavi is better than Zidane, in fact in the same post you've quoted i said Zidane had/has: "much more natural talent and will rightly be remembered as one of the greats and also be held in higher regard than Xavi due to his sublime talent"

:lol:

For someone who accused me of not understanding the English language, should I be labelling your last post as 'ironic' or 'hypocritical'?

How come we didn't see any of Xavi's throughballs in the WC final? Fabregas only had 20minutes and he managed an assist...

What about his thoughball for Torres in the Euro 2008 Final, or his pin point cross to Messi in the Champions League Final?

Frankly you don't have a clue what you're talking about and should quit while you're behind.

:fishing: but nice work using a different competition to counter my question :)

Guest firetotheworks

It's actually impossible to make a point on this forum without retards spinning it.

'I'd rather have Xavi in my team, than Zidane'

'OMG, U think that Xavi is better than Zidane LOLZ :mackems:'

Fucking idiots.

Guest firetotheworks

Xavi is a good player, but Fabregas did in 20minutes what Xavi couldn't do in 90+ minutes. To give Xavi, who is a good player in a good team, the same billing as Zidane, is ridiculous. Why hasn't Ronaldo destroyed you in this thread yet?

:lol: :mackems:

As much as I enjoy destroying Icarus on a regular basis, twice in one day is a bit much for any man.

Destroy ffs.  :lol: And you call Owen a PR hype-monger. You're your own biggest fan. Possibly you're only fan.

They won the World Cup you f***ing muppet.  :lol:

If that was your response to my post on Xavi's assist rate in this World Cup, then I have no idea what you are on???

The number of assists he made at this WC is completely irrelevant as he played brilliant the whole tournament and Spain went on to win it.

For someone who accused me of not understanding the English language, should I be labelling your last post as 'ironic' or 'hypocritical'?

:no:

i truly don't know what you're on about and i have a very good grasp of the language - you're the fuckwit who quoted me saying one thing and then claimed i'd said something different

start a facebook page about it or summik, bye

The only idiocy is your own, for failing to understand that the comparison isn't like for like. For example, if you have a team full of strugglers would you want a brilliant individual with decent team play, or a brilliant team player who's a decent individual? That is the scenario that's being discussed. Idiot.

Xavi over Zidane :lol:

:mackems:

PS: Do you want the 2002 WC Nicky Butt as well? (voted as the Best Player of the Tournament by no less than Pele) - he was pretty decent at passing the ball 5 yards as well :lol:

Xavi is a good player, but Fabregas did in 20minutes what Xavi couldn't do in 90+ minutes. To give Xavi, who is a good player in a good team, the same billing as Zidane, is ridiculous. Why hasn't Ronaldo destroyed you in this thread yet?

:lol: :mackems:

This is right up there with the worst posts I've ever read on this forum. Xavi has been utterly instrumental in the resurgence of Barcelona over the last five or six years -- the likes of Ronaldinho and Messi got the accolades, but I'm sure any Barcelona fan will tell you that Xavi has been their most consistent player by some distance, continuously, at the very highest levels, throughout pretty much his entire career. He makes top class midfielders look dismally average when they're up against him. Zidane was a match-winner in that he got the goals and the assists, Xavi is a match-winner through his ability to completely dictate the tempo and flow of a game, through his touch, his constant availability to his teammates, his passing range, and his ability to work the ball in ridiculously tight situations. Comparing him to Nicky Butt is total idiocy.

They won the World Cup you f***ing muppet.  :lol:

If that was your response to my post on Xavi's assist rate in this World Cup, then I have no idea what you are on???

The number of assists he made at this WC is completely irrelevant as he played brilliant the whole tournament and Spain went on to win it.

Sorry you're not getting away with that. Yes Spain won and Xavi was a vital team member, but how much he contributed to the team's success is the best indicator if you want to assess Xavi as an individual player. So I take it you concede that Xavi was not able to produce his Barcelona form for Spain? Or was he in playing in a different position for Spain? Again genuine question.

Xavi is a good player, but anyone who would pick him above Zidane is crazy?

And hey if you want to check stats about passing accuracy, f***** Gilberto Silva had one of the highest percentages in passing the f****** ball but that doesnt mean s***. (during the World Cup) :facepalm:

Xavi is a great player but uncomparable to Zidane.

Well that would simply mean that he was unable to reproduce his Barcelona form for this World Cup (at least in terms of assist). This again puts the comparison with Zidane into perspective who had no problems reproducing his Madrid form for France.

Aye, France 2002 was a smash after he had won the CL with Real. Funnily he had a shit season at club level in 2006 before carrying France to the final.

Again, this wonderful Madrid form that people talk about made him win a grand total of two trophies in 5 seasons there. I know it's a team game, but if people keep bringing out how he turned in at big moments, etc... surely I can say how after winning the CL in 2002 he failed to help Madrid progress from the friggin first knockout round for the remainder of his career? That he has lost more European (3) finals that he has won (1)?

Fine, you can ignore me because of my colors, but I do think Zidane is overrated. Wonderful player sure, but not even the best player of his time.

Everything always ends up in an argument  :lol:

Yeah, and how about you come up with something relevant to this thread. OMG! :lol:

I did earlier, i said spain and reminded everyone of one the french players in 98.  Funny enough, his name rhymes with "gash".

Guest firetotheworks

It always end up with idiots comparing the molecular structure of chalk and cheese.

A PREFERENCE IS NOT A COMPARISON!!!

Aye, France 2002 was a smash after he had won the CL with Real. Funnily he had a s*** season at club level in 2006 before carrying France to the final.

Again, this wonderful Madrid form that people talk about made him win a grand total of two trophies in 5 seasons there. I know it's a team game, but if people keep bringing out how he turned in at big moments, etc... surely I can say how after winning the CL in 2002 he failed to help Madrid progress from the friggin first knockout round for the remainder of his career? That he has lost more European (3) finals that he has won (1)?

Fine, you can ignore me because of my colors, but I do think Zidane is overrated. Wonderful player sure, but not even the best player of his time.

Come on!

I'll just say he won best player 3 times, and Ronaldo also. I'll say these two guys are by far together with Rivaldo the best players of my generation.

Comparing Xavi who hasn't even been the best player on his team yet in the World is just crazy to me, but hey i guess everyone has their own opinion.

I cant believe VI is using WC 2002 as an arguing point to demean Zidane.

We know France were shit that year but ZZ only played one game and then not fully fit.

There wouldn't even be an argument if Zizou had chosen to play for Barca and not Real.

Guest firetotheworks

Zidane's over-rated man. That one match against Brazil when he played against an even more over-rated Kaka provided enough ammo for the fan boys to have their one final fwap-day. I rate Figo higher tbh.

Or, yknow, he's a genius.

Zidane's over-rated man. That one match against Brazil when he played against an even more over-rated Kaka provided enough ammo for the fan boys to have their one final fwap-day. I rate Figo higher tbh.

Or, yknow, he's a genius.

The same Luis Figo that once had a poor game?

I cant believe VI is using WC 2002 as an arguing point to demean Zidane.

We know France were s*** that year but ZZ only played one game and then not fully fit.

There wouldn't even be an argument if Zizou had chosen to play for Barca and not Real.

I don't know, I think Messi really isn't one of the best players of all time, unlike lots of non-Barça fans.

For Real Madrid, I actually think Figo did more for the team too, judas cunt.