FT Caen 1 - 0 Saint-Etienne

FT Lorient 0 - 0 Nancy

FT Montpellier 0 - 1 Rennes

FT Nice 0 - 0 Lens

FT Toulouse 0 - 1 Sochaux

FT Valenciennes 0 - 0 Monaco

FT Auxerre 1 - 0 Paris S.G.

Goalfest in the French league

Seems the general level of Premier League football today has been absolutely shocking. Particularly some of the goalkeeping performances.

Best league in the world? My arse.

Which league is better?

In terms of the technical ability levels, Spain. In terms of functionality, entertainment and competitiveness the Bundesliga. In terms of celebrating like raging, passionate homos it's Serie A. In terms of having the most Africans it's gotta be France.

Seems the general level of Premier League football today has been absolutely shocking. Particularly some of the goalkeeping performances.

Which league is better?

The first goal of a league should be to be competitive...so it's nowhere near the best, but not as bad as the likes of Scotland and Spain.

Which league is better?

In terms of the technical ability levels, Spain. In terms of functionality, entertainment and competitiveness the Bundesliga. In terms of celebrating like raging, passionate homos it's Serie A. In terms of having the most Africans it's gotta be France.

Luca has a point in fairness. The last two Championships in Brazil have gone down to the last day with more than 2 teams still in the hunt IIRC although obviously the general standard ain't so good.  Last 8 Argentine titles have been won by 8 different clubs too although again the standard is at times appalling.

:coolsmiley: still a fairly low standard though. I think it'll beneficial for a lot of the players to not have to move so early from Brazil too but the signings that they're remaking are more or less purely funding by sponsors from what I've read/heard rather than direct club finances so it's sort of false in a way.Strongest league in SA by a country mile though.

How did Barca get on?

Only won 1-0, disasterous lack of a plan B prevented them winning by more. Guardiola as inept as usual tbh.

Do well to stay up this season I reckon. Very one dimensional.

From Sam, Milton Keynes, on text: "A victory for Liverpool will not just bring three points, but genuine belief that Kenny (God save the King) can lead the Reds back to the top of English football once again. Massive!"

Oh brother.

Please annihilate them, Ferguson. Berbatov, get six... beat Shearer/Defoe/Cole's record. Rooney score ten overhead kicks, just... shut... them... up.