The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

It's all a bit predictable with Arsene these days. Whatever goes wrong, it is never, ever his or Arsenal's fault.

The red card was iffy, but if Arsenal had played with a dozen players last night, they still wouldn't have won.

Both before and after the red card, it was the most one sided match I have ever seen, so much so, that the camera panning to the Barcelona half of the pitch felt weird. A bit like when you move over and sleep on the unused side of the bed (assuming your bed partner is not there, obv), into the cold bit.

Guest kingdawson

It's all a bit predictable with Arsene these days. Whatever goes wrong, it is never, ever his or Arsenal's fault.

The red card was iffy, but if Arsenal had played with a dozen players last night, they still wouldn't have won.

Both before and after the red card, it was the most one sided match I have ever seen, so much so, that the camera panning to the Barcelona half of the pitch felt weird. A bit like when you move over and sleep on the unused side of the bed (assuming your bed partner is not there, obv), into the cold bit.

Every time they play Barca it's ridiculously one sided (i'm sure delusional Ash predicted Arsenal would go through when the draw was made?). I get that Barca are the best team in the world but how is it possible to have 0 shots on and off target in 90 minutes?  that's a shocking stat.

Every time they play Barca it's ridiculously one sided (i'm sure delusional Ash predicted Arsenal would go through when the draw was made?). I get that Barca are the best team in the world but how is it possible to have 0 shots on and off target in 90 minutes?  that's a shocking stat.

Also, Arsenal's football is nice to watch (in the PL), but sometimes, sometimes you have to realise that what you're doing is not working.

Last night towards the end was certainly the time to think about sticking the bigger players up front and lumping the fucking thing at them (like you lot do so well with Crouchy**), but what do they do? The same thing they've been doing all night, which has got them nothing.

** I'm only joking, KD, don't want to open that one up again *wink*

Mind you, that Robin Van Persie's hearing must be terrible. Can't hear a whistle during a match, can't hear women saying "no".

(apologies, but I've heard that one 100 times today, so am spreading the misery).

not mentally strong enough

I think practically anyone who knows anything about football could tell you that and yet you just know Arsene will do nothing to address it and stick his stupid French head in the sand.

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Pienaar, Van der Vaart, Crouch. Subs: Cudicini, Hutton, Bale, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, King.

AC Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Jankulovski, Boateng, Flamini, Seedorf, Robinho, Ibrahimovic, Alexandre Pato. Subs: Amelia, Strasser, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Merkel, Yepes, Antonini.

Referee: Frank De Bleeckere (Belgium)

Bale on the bench? Weak.

As much as I hate Tottenham, I hope they get through because it's always nice to see the non-usual suspects get through.  Also because it gives me hope that we can be in the same position within a few years.