The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Having seen Wenger go more and more round the bend over the last month I wouldn't be at all surprised if he walks away from Arsenal this summer. He looks like he's just about had enough imo.

Don't think he'll get sacked but he's looking more and more frustrated every time I see him. 

Having seen Wenger go more and more round the bend over the last month I wouldn't be at all surprised if he walks away from Arsenal this summer. He looks like he's just about had enough imo.

Don't think he'll get sacked but he's looking more and more frustrated every time I see him. 

think he'll do a keegan first. big splurge, realise it hasn't worked then go.

Wenger needs nose biters, end of.

Hes never replaced Adams, Keown, Dixon, Viera or Petit etc.

Those fuckers used to abuse Man Utds midfield and forwards.

If Wenger can add a growler in at CB, CM and tough c*** up front he is laughing.

OH AND A f***ing KEEPER!

They don't need a 'keeper anymore.

Yeah, they do.

Szczesny is good enough.

No he is not, and the very fact that you're suggesting he might be says all you need to know about Arsenal these days (obv, I'm not picking on you). It's rare that a side wins the title without a really good goalkeeper. Szcesny is borderline acceptable at the very, very best. In fact, that's being optimistic.

I saw everything i needed to know about Arsenal and Man United in the two matches we played against them at our place this season.

Against Man United, we largely bossed the game, were winning two nil with less than ten minutes to go, and still managed to only get a point.

Against Arsenal, we were utter, utter turd from start to finish, and we may have lost, but the fact they let us score twice said everything about their weaknesses, and I could never in a million years have imagined Arsenal coming back against us like Man United did.

I like Wenger in lots of ways, I don't really care too much about the fact he's a curmudgeonly old cunt who will tell you black is white if it suits his argument, but he's dug himself into a gigantic hole of stubborness from which he refuses to emerge, where the entire football world - including the vacuous fuckwits whose 'investment' in the game goes no further than wearing a replica shirt to watch the game on Sky in the pub on a Sunday afternoon - can see what is wrong with Arsenal, but he refuses to admit it, because, well, he just can't.

it is all so predictable that we all know exactly what Arsenal's season will be like next year if he doesn't make some big changes.

Still, nice football.

EDIT - sorry, confused you with Fabregash, the Gooner on here, hence reference to "you", but the point stands.

Not sure if a) the cash is there  and b) whether it would go against his principles to just spaff £60m on ready-made players rather than 'develop' them.

Not sure if a) the cash is there  and b) whether it would go against his principles to just spaff £60m on ready-made players rather than 'develop' them.

pretty sure the cash is there and it's the going against his principles that will see him off, he'll end up doing it because he's made no progress over the last two or three years.

pretty sure the cash is there and it's the going against his principles that will see him off, he'll end up doing it because he's made no progress over the last two or three years.

I'd go along with that. :nods:

The cash should be there but it's his reluctance to spend it that is baffling. The glaring gaps in the squad have been there for years as you say. It just doesn't add up. Why not just pay the money?  ??? 

Am I the only on here who really, really doesn't rate Fabregas? <_< I honestly can't see why he's so highly rated when he's constantly breaking down Arsenal's attacks with his Nicky Butt Holywood passes. Also, he can't score if his life depended on it, except when he's having his annual purple patch for a month or so.

Plus he's a massive whinger and making him captain was pretty much the same as us giving Owen the captainship.

Guest neesy111

It's the same at the other end, bud. If I saw Andrey Arshavin in the street i'd mug him just for the fun of it. The puny little cheat.

Arshavin is an amazing little man, I don't understand why you would hate him. He seems to have lost something since his grand debut with the club, though. I don't know if it is motivation or just natural decline.

Natural decline should remember he isn't young compared to the rest of the team.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal fans will miss Wenger when he's gone.

If they win a major trophy the season after he leaves then he'll be quickly forgotten about. 

Guest neesy111

If they win a major trophy the season after he leaves then he'll be quickly forgotten about. 

They won't though will they?

If that new manager signs the right players they will imo.

Theres a deeply ingrained philosophy there. It's going to take a pretty neat fit to make it carry on as business as usual after years of stability. Bit black n white to me

Guest neesy111

Theres a deeply ingrained philosophy there. It's going to take a pretty neat fit to make it carry on as business as usual after years of stability. Bit black n white to me

I'm not sure, the right players and manager can change the whole club and give everyone a huge lift.  Just look at when Wenger joined Arsenal the signing's of Overmars, Vieira and Petit transformed that team.