The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

A week after Wenger informed you of your short comings, your team tried to pass of your long ball label on to us. Sadly we rejected your offer of joining you and Stoke as the long ball merchants and stuck to attractive football that we're used to. You lot carry on with the cb diagonals to Young and let us be.

God, are you still going on?

Your horrible long team side lost at home to Wigan yesterday, yet here you are playing the 'holier than thou' card and preaching to me.

Why on earth would you think I, or indeed the rest of the entire world, would give a shit about Spurs tedious rambling on about their great football? If you want to preach about the quality of your play, at least have something worth crowing about in living memory as testimony to it - a bit like Arsenal down the road, for example.

Spurs problem is - and has been for years - that they are the incarnation of "all fart, no shit".

I'm not a latin scholar, so is that what "audere est facere" means?

Incidentally, I can't help but notice that we - with our anti-football, lack of a manager (having had him walk out at the worst possible time), transfer policy in disarray, and even having lost 6-0 last week - are currently fourth, whilst you, with your channeling of the spirit of Brazil 1970 (and Cambridge United 1991 when it isn't going your way down "the Lane") seem to be 11th.

God only knows how big the gap will be if we actually get ourselves a decent manager.

I was in the Holte End the day that Ronnie Rosenthal skied it over the bar in front of us, and I'll never forget the reaction to that. It was that horrible moment of sinking feeling in the stomach as you realise you're about to concede, followed by an instinctive dropping of the shoulders and head, then realising that he's missed, then there's a period of what is actually about 0.5 second, but honestly feels like 50 seconds, when time stops, and you realise that, actually, he's skied it.

Having said that, Tevez today was worse.

Guest kingdawson

A week after Wenger informed you of your short comings, your team tried to pass of your long ball label on to us. Sadly we rejected your offer of joining you and Stoke as the long ball merchants and stuck to attractive football that we're used to. You lot carry on with the cb diagonals to Young and let us be.

Your horrible long team side lost at home to Wigan yesterday, yet here you are playing the 'holier than thou' card and preaching to me.

Why on earth would you think I, or indeed the rest of the entire world, would give a s*** about Spurs tedious rambling on about their great football? If you want to preach about the quality of your play, at least have something worth crowing about in living memory as testimony to it - a bit like Arsenal down the road, for example.

Spurs problem is - and has been for years - that they are the incarnation of "all fart, no s***".

What you mean like last season? the fact is we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have qualified for the champions league and we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have won a domestic trophy in recent history (you had 2 chances to do the same and failed btw).

Btw I commented about your teams performance today. You brought us up and i replied. Yes we played shite yesterday...it happens. This is a thread dedicated to discussing games that took place on the day so please stop taking it so personally.

Why on earth would you think I, or indeed the rest of the entire world, would give a s*** about Spurs tedious rambling on about their great football? If you want to preach about the quality of your play, at least have something worth crowing about in living memory as testimony to it - a bit like Arsenal down the road, for example.

Spurs problem is - and has been for years - that they are the incarnation of "all fart, no s***".

What you mean like last season? the fact is we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have qualified for the champions league and we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have won a domestic trophy in recent history (you had 2 chances to do the same and failed btw).

Btw I commented about your teams performance today. You brought us up and i replied. Yes we played shite yesterday...it happens. This is a thread dedicated to discussing games that took place on the day so please stop taking it so personally.

Newcastle and Portsmouth tbh.

Guest kingdawson

brummie > kingdawson

I'll be honest with you. I stopped taking anything you said seriously after i read a comment you made in regards to Catmag's kid. That's when i finally found out you was a WUM that had no intention to talk football or hold a civilized conversation.

the fact is we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have qualified for the champions league and we're the only team outside the sky 4 that have won a domestic trophy in recent history (you had 2 chances to do the same and failed btw).

:lol:

Classic Spurs.

I'm not taking it personally with you, KD, I am getting annoyed by the proliferation of Spurs fans who seem to roam the internet - they are on, quite literally, every single football forum I lurk on - telling everyone else how they play great football, they're the way forward, everyone else's brand of football is shite etc etc.

Fuck Arpa, fuck the US military and fuck Berners-Lee and CERN, the web was invented for Spurs fans to be telling everyone else how lucky we are to have them.

I might not even disagree with you on the way we play, I just disagree with your appointing of yourself as some arbiter of football taste. And, having seen the way Spurs are quite happy to lump it to Crouch when they've run out of ideas, it seems grossly hypocritical.

You might have seen on this forum me moaning about the way we played at home under MON. You could take that and assume I hated the way we played full stop, but that would be wrong, we were excellent to watch away from home on a regular basis, and if you check our away results the last couple of years, you will see we were rewarded for it. What I don't get is what, having lost our manager just before the start of the season, you think should have changed? I also wonder whether you had the same opinion on the first day of the season when we took West Ham apart, playing some really excellent football?

Yes, you won the league cup (not as impressive as Pompey with their FA Cup, mind), and I'm not surprised we've had the first outing of "we qualified for the Champions League" here) but my point is that if you're going to traverse the internet with the rest of the Spurs army of keyboard warriors telling us how lucky we are to have you, you might want to consider that there is a team down the road from you in a much more established place to do that, having won real trophies playing good football, yet I have never - ever - seen Arsenal fans finding it necessary to act Charlie Big Bollocks with other supporters. Why is that?

Nobody likes a braggard, especially one who is doing so without anything to actually back it up.

Spurs play better football than Villa and are a far superior side at the present. No one should bring up league position after three matches. Especially when one of Villa's is a 6-0 thrashing by a promoted side and one of Tottenham's is a creditable draw away to Man City. Villa's football has been ugly, yet effective in the past few seasons. I fear they might be losing the effective part of the equation, though.

brummie > kingdawson

I'll be honest with you. I stopped taking anything you said seriously after i read a comment you made in regards to Catmag's kid. That's when i finally found out you was a WUM that had no intention to talk football or hold a civilized conversation.

Oh dear, don't say things like "you was" and then lecture people on holding a civilised conversation.

Guest kingdawson

brummie > kingdawson

Oh dear, don't say things like "you was" and then lecture people on holding a civilised conversation.

Ok Mr 'we're on top of you after 3 games'. I'll take your advice.

Guest Geordiesned

Fact just given out on Sky: Sunderland have not won in over a year in a game viat Bent ibs not scored. Let's hope he breaks his leg on Wednesday.

brummie > kingdawson

The difference is, I didn't come on here and start lecturing people about your team. You were the one doing that. I hadn't given you lot a second thought until then.

Like I said, if you are going to tell people how to play football and call people "anti football", you might want to stop and think about the wider picture.

Incidentally, feel free to respond to my points about the army of Spurs fans traversing the internet telling everyone who will listen how great and "pure" they are.

Guest kingdawson

Btw I commented about your teams performance today. You brought us up and i replied. Yes we played s**** yesterday...it happens. This is a thread dedicated to discussing games that took place on the day so please stop taking it so personally.

I'm not taking it personally with you, KD, I am getting annoyed by the proliferation of Spurs fans who seem to roam the internet - they are on, quite literally, every single football forum I lurk on - telling everyone else how they play great football, they're the way forward, everyone else's brand of football is s**** etc etc.

f*** Arpa, f*** the US military and f*** Berners-Lee and CERN, the web was invented for Spurs fans to be telling everyone else how lucky we are to have them.

I might not even disagree with you on the way we play, I just disagree with your appointing of yourself as some arbiter of football taste. And, having seen the way Spurs are quite happy to lump it to Crouch when they've run out of ideas, it seems grossly hypocritical.

You might have seen on this forum me moaning about the way we played at home under MON. You could take that and assume I hated the way we played full stop, but that would be wrong, we were excellent to watch away from home on a regular basis, and if you check our away results the last couple of years, you will see we were rewarded for it. What I don't get is what, having lost our manager just before the start of the season, you think should have changed? I also wonder whether you had the same opinion on the first day of the season when we took West Ham apart, playing some really excellent football?

Yes, you won the league cup (not as impressive as Pompey with their FA Cup, mind), and I'm not surprised we've had the first outing of "we qualified for the Champions League" here) but my point is that if you're going to traverse the internet with the rest of the Spurs army of keyboard warriors telling us how lucky we are to have you, you might want to consider that there is a team down the road from you in a much more established place to do that, having won real trophies playing good football, yet I have never - ever - seen Arsenal fans finding it necessary to act Charlie Big Bollocks with other supporters. Why is that?

Nobody likes a braggard, especially one who is doing so without anything to actually back it up.

Tbh i've seen countless times where people have had a go at your style of football. You're just retaliating now because it's a spurs fan saying it therefore its the 'in' thing to do.

When someone comments that you play long ball counter attacking football (which you clearly did today) don't be so defensive. If we play shite i happily accept it and move on. I don't cry and dwell about it like you have and retaliate back by getting personal. This is a football discussion forum where we discuss the matches that happened on this day.

On this day in your game against Everton you played counter attacking football and relied on Ashley young too much. Everton controlled the game and played like the home team. No amount of you informing me that spurs are "all fart and no shit" or having little digs about me not going to games will change that.

brummie > kingdawson

On that logic the entire forum musn't take you seriously after reading some of the bollocks you've spouted about Spurs. What's the reason you (and many other Spurs fans) feel the need to act like Billy Big Balls all the time and constantly justify why Spurs are such an excellent/shit/whateverwhogivesafuck team? It does nothing other than make you look like an idiot, and a twat to boot.

Do everyone a favour and come back when you have something interesting or accurate to say. I did think at one point you were improving as a poster, but your tendancy to see one little detail (Spurs 0-1 Wigan, or one post out of many thousands of mine) and then use it as a generalisation suggests otherwise. brummie is spot on - you need to think about the 'wider picture' indeed.

Oh, and get your username changed to kingdickhead whilst you're at it.

Guest kingdawson

brummie > kingdawson

The difference is, I didn't come on here and start lecturing people about your team. You were the one doing that. I hadn't given you lot a second thought until then.

Like I said, if you are going to tell people how to play football and call people "anti football", you might want to stop and think about the wider picture.

Incidentally, feel free to respond to my points about the army of Spurs fans traversing the internet telling everyone who will listen how great and "pure" they are.

"THE OTHER GAMES TODAY" "THE OTHER GAMES TODAY" "THE OTHER GAMES TODAY"

There's countless times you talk about us, hell i even remember you starting threads about spurs.i NEVER moan or complain about it.  Now you're moaning and crying when i discuss your game against Everton in a thread titled "The other games today". Stop being so defensive man. Fucking hell.

Guest kingdawson

brummie > kingdawson

On that logic the entire forum musn't take you seriously after reading some of the bollocks you've spouted about Spurs. What's the reason you (and many other Spurs fans) feel the need to act like Billy Big Balls all the time and constantly justify why Spurs are such an excellent/s***/whateverwhogivesafuck team? It does nothing other than make you look like an idiot, and a t*** to boot.

Do everyone a favour and come back when you have something interesting or accurate to say. I did think at one point you were improving as a poster, but your tendancy to see one little detail (Spurs 0-1 Wigan, or one post out of many thousands of mine) and then use it as a generalisation suggests otherwise. brummie is spot on - you need to think about the 'wider picture' indeed.

Oh, and get your username changed to kingdickhead whilst you're at it.

I'm not the cyber gangster that makes comments about other peoples kids tbh. It's a football forum so i stick to football and leave the internet gangsterism to you.

The day when you think i've improved as a poster will be the day my posts have officially gone downhill.