The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

their variations are subtle in their approach, and seem limited to their shape.  to my eye at least.

i reject how you have compared an inter team to a real team.  the only similarity is mourinho.  but, the fact that they are two entirely different squads voids any comparison you may choose to make.  tbh, real were awful, it wasn't a contest at any stage.

What?? With a tactically inept manager, the one dimensional Barca team lashed them? Surely not...

You also brought Mourinho into the discussion btw. :thup:

no, for me, it was the inferior team at mourinho's disposal rather than barcelona's approach that resulted in the inhalation. 

however, your posts has planted a little uncertainty in my head.  i'd always assumed that they were nullified somewhat in the inter ties.  only a little uncertainty mind :lol:

no, for me, it was the inferior team at mourinho's disposal rather than barcelona's approach that resulted in the inhalation. 

however, your posts has planted a little uncertainty in my head.  i'd always assumed that they were nullified somewhat in the inter ties.  only a little uncertainty mind :lol:

Calling Madrid's squad "inferior" comes a close second to calling Barcelona's football "tactically shit". You are on fire tonight Dresden.

Deep breaths...

Calling Madrid's squad "inferior" comes a close second to calling Barcelona's football "tactically s***". You are on fire tonight Dresden.

erm, real madrid's team is clearly an inferior footballing team to barcelona.  you cannot surely be disputing that?

thing about the 'tactically shit' thing is that yeah, i did not express myself sufficiently in that post.  so fair play. 

Calling Madrid's squad "inferior" comes a close second to calling Barcelona's football "tactically s***". You are on fire tonight Dresden.

erm, real madrid's team is clearly an inferior footballing team to barcelona.  you cannot surely be disputing that?

thing about the 'tactically s***' thing is that yeah, i did not express myself sufficiently in that post.  so fair play. 

I despair, I really do.

Seriously, Real Madrid's team is not clearly inferior to any team in the world as it is undisputedly one of the best teams in the world run by one of the best managers in the world. They were humiliated by Barcelona nevertheless, and this was as much to do with brilliant tactics as it was to do with individual class, which Real Madrid also have in abundance. Your apparent hatred for Barcelona is clearly blurring your clear vision on the subject..

As I said, I'm not really fond of Guardiola, especially after his spat with Solbakken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8w-85KkJI

(Not really a "footy" video since it's just two managers walking off arguing, surely? Just remove if it's doubtful. :thup:)

But come on, one dimensional and tactically inept? :lol: Every team have a preffered style of play, even Newcastle do. It's the subtle changes to that preffered style of play that makes and breaks a manager, and Guardiola's not broken.

thing about the 'tactically s***' thing is that yeah, i did not express myself sufficiently in that post.  so fair play. 

I despair, I really do.

Seriously, Real Madrid's team is not clearly inferior to any team in the world as it is undisputedly one of the best teams in the world run by one of the best managers in the world. They were humiliated by Barcelona nevertheless, and this was as much to do with brilliant tactics as it was to do with individual class, which Real Madrid also have in abundance. Your apparent hatred for Barcelona is clearly blurring your clear vision on the subject..

inferior to barcelona.  please understand the context of my statement.  they are also an inferior side to the one mourinho had the season prior in milan.

love how me saying that real are inferior to barca somehow supports this 'hatred' for barcelona.

however, your posts has planted a little uncertainty in my head.  i'd always assumed that they were nullified somewhat in the inter ties.  only a little uncertainty mind :lol:

erm, real madrid's team is clearly an inferior footballing team to barcelona.  you cannot surely be disputing that?

thing about the 'tactically s***' thing is that yeah, i did not express myself sufficiently in that post.  so fair play.  

I despair, I really do.

inferior to barcelona ffs.  please understand the context of my statement.  they are also an inferior side to the one mourinho had the season prior in milan.

love how me saying that real are inferior to barca somehow supports this 'hatred' for barcelona.

You're hatred was confirmed when you said the team had a 'spine of c**ts' not the comparison to Real.

But come on, one dimensional and tactically inept?

taken simply, it seems laughable.  i clearly have failed to express my understanding.  limitation on my part, which is irritating.

genuinely do find guardiola's/barcelona's approach/philosophy self-limiting and do feel that guardiola should be doing more with the players at his disposal.  their abundance of ability does drag them through many games, which they should imo win with ease.

perhaps that sentence is less 'gibberish' that my previous attempts to clarify my stance. 

I despair, I really do.

inferior to barcelona ffs.  please understand the context of my statement.  they are also an inferior side to the one mourinho had the season prior in milan.

You're hatred was confirmed when you said the team had a 'spine of c**ts' not the comparison to Real.

except that i should be allowed to hate a teams personnel, yet at the same time admire their technical ability. 

Not really, as most teams will treat a Barcelona fixture as a "cup final" and thus be on their A game and pumped up for it, whereas Barcelona might have an off day and be complacent about their opponents which causes a match to be closer than it should be on paper. On paper, even Man Utds and Arsenals reserves should easily dispose of the likes of Crawley and Leyton Orient (not saying La Liga teams aren't better than those teams, just making an example of how no match is certain.) yet they didn't, because that's football, it's not pre-arranged, it's 90 minutes of a game where both teams start at the same score. It's the beautiful game for a reason, and that reason is that every game starts 0-0 even if it's a massive team on one side of the pitch and a bunch of amateurs on the other.

but they should have the flexibility in their approach to counter such issues.  less so the motivational issues, more so the tendency for teams to put two lines of players out and camp in their own half.

as a result imo, they definitely need to stop overplaying their possession when in the final third and they definitely need to address the weaknesses they have at the back / dealing with counter attacks.  points like this which incline me to describe guardiola as being tactically limited as you would expect/want him to deal with such issues.  yet, we've been here before.

This thread the last hour :lol:

I've got popcorn.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9730/fsdfk.jpg

:mackems:

I do see where Dresden is coming from and agree to an extent, though I think at times by virtue of being over-zealous or whatever,he perhaps hasn't communicated what he means as he'd have liked to perhaps?

We can agree that Guardiola's Barcelona have a main game plan that doesn't need more than subtle changes here and there due to Barcelona executing it as well as they do, and that they usually stick with it even in sluggish matches where they usually also come out victorious, aye.

but they should have the flexibility in their approach to counter such issues.  less so the motivational issues, more so the tendency for teams to put two lines of players out and camp in their own half.

as a result imo, they definitely need to stop overplaying their possession when in the final third and they definitely need to address the weaknesses they have at the back / dealing with counter attacks.  points like this which incline me to describe guardiola as being tactically limited as you would expect/want him to deal with such issues.  yet, we've been here before.

You said yourself there is no tactical nirvana.  Barcelona's tactics will always leave them vulnerable to counter acts but if they drop deeper they lose their intensity in the final third, which is a massive part of their game.

In terms of a tactical nirvana, Barcelona must be one of the closest teams to it judging by their results.

but they should have the flexibility in their approach to counter such issues.  less so the motivational issues, more so the tendency for teams to put two lines of players out and camp in their own half.

as a result imo, they definitely need to stop overplaying their possession when in the final third and they definitely need to address the weaknesses they have at the back / dealing with counter attacks.  points like this which incline me to describe guardiola as being tactically limited as you would expect/want him to deal with such issues.  yet, we've been here before.

Like Messi's new position this season? As a deep lying nine, in between the two lines of defenders, aiming to take them out of position while our wingers cut inside and take the striker position themselves.

We have also switched to 442 and 424 against teams sitting deep. All managers make mistakes, even the best, but certainly Pep does way more than just cut and paste lineups from the previous weeks.