Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think I've explained it TBH, basically we might survive and still not want to buy him (because he's disruptive and/or useless, for example).

With a permanent transfer now, we'd be getting him at his current market value, meaning if he played really well this season only we would benefit from his price going up.

But this rumoured loan deal has the final fee agreed at the start of the loan.  So the fee we'd have to pay next year would be at his current market value no matter how he plays.

:lol:

Oops!

I see what you asked now. In terms of risk there isn't really a difference, see what you mean. As long as the purchase price is set now.

I was still thinking about the disadvantages of a loan with compulsory purchase vs normal loan with option to buy.

It seemed to make sense at the time :blush:

But what is actually the difference between signing him permanently now or signing him on a loan with agreed transfer next summer? The risk is the same, no?

No, the risk is still in our favour as he goes back if we don't stay up.

Well yeah. Exactly why I dont understand why someone would want us to sign him now permanently but not get him on loan with an agreed deal in place for next summer.

Again I'll refer you to Zaki with Wigan and Benitez at Birmingham.

By agreed price I mean that a deal is made now and we pay later like the rumours are suggesting. Dont think that's similar to Zaki at all as they only had an agreed price, not agreed deal?

I think I've explained it TBH, basically we might survive and still not want to buy him (because he's disruptive and/or useless, for example).

With a permanent transfer now, we'd be getting him at his current market value, meaning if he played really well this season only we would benefit from his price going up.

But this rumoured loan deal has the final fee agreed at the start of the loan.  So the final would would be at his current market value no matter what.

Yes, I fucked up, you're right!

(As long as the fee was set now).

But this rumoured loan deal has the final fee agreed at the start of the loan.  So the final would would be at his current market value no matter what.

Yes, I fucked up, you're right!

(As long as the fee was set now).

Good, get on the phone to Lambiarse and persuade him :thup:

So agree to buy him for 5m and if he is shit immediately sell him for 3m. If he is on a 4 year contract, the likelihood of him dropping in value that much is negligible. From a risk perspective, his lot can't fall that much in 12 months.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We might find some more info out in the next 30 mins. Dassier is holding a press conference to talk about the transfer market (presumably the signings of Remy and Gignac) at 3.30pm. I'd imagine he'll be asked about Ben Arfa again.

He's a bigger media whore than Dave!

Guest sicko2ndbest

One of the funniest things ive seen on this forum for a while.

BTW, surely there is a need for a title change soon. Its pretty obvious the Bremen interest is bollocks. Maybe wait to hear if Dassier says something in the next few minutes, before reverting back to 'The curious case of Ben Arfa'

Marseille have completed the signing of Gignac and Remy for a combined amount of 29 million.

Bizarre twist in the Remy deal though. He's already signed his contract but his medical has flagged up a heart problem. Very odd situation.

That is strange.

I'll take it as good news though if they've signed those?

Guest secteur2010

If we get to 300 pages and we sign him, I'm getting 'Ben Arfa 300' on the back of my shirt.

Will 3 numbers fit on though?

Yer a fat cunt so you could probably get up to 7 numbers across your back

So agree to buy him for 5m and if he is s*** immediately sell him for 3m. If he is on a 4 year contract, the likelihood of him dropping in value that much is negligible. From a risk perspective, his lot can't fall that much in 12 months.

Surely this will be a three way agreement. In a years time we would have to negotiate a contract with Ben Arfa and his agent. If we are obliged to sign him, they would have us over a barrel.

If it was left to some on here we would probably have signed someone named Arfa Ben Hatem from the wrong club on the first day of the window for £20 million, judging by how excitable and rubbish your negotiation tactics are.

Surely this will be a three way agreement. In a years time we would have to negotiate a contract with Ben Arfa and his agent. If we are obliged to sign him, they would have us over a barrel.

It didn't happen when we loanded Shola to Stoke.