Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

That video really highlights the need for us to sign a pacy striker or two - can't have through balls like that going to waste

i pray HBA comes back something like the same player he was before. even if he wasnt playing for us it would be a tragedy to lose that kind of god given talent.

de jong  :angry:

Honestly I don't think I've seen any player in the Premiership dribble the way he does, not Ronaldo, not Ginola not Henry...he draws players in and then by the faintest of touch take the ball away. Awesome!

That video really highlights the need for us to sign a pacy striker or two - can't have through balls like that going to waste

Hopefully Ba can be that striker. When he was at Hoffenheim his goals came from tidy through balls and he slots them away with composure.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Hatem, please be as good as that when you come back.

Also didn't know he had such a good understanding with Benzema. Mike and Derek, you know what to do. PS I don't mean sell him to Madrid.

Presentation de Hatem Ben Arfa by Lyesse YOUTUBE

Never knew about this - just seen on Maxi foot

French and foreign Football Info

LiveScore - football Forum - sheets L1 clubs - table transfer L1 

Miscellaneous: Ben Arfa wants to retrieve its  (17/06/2011) 

Conflict about a financial case for five years now, offensive midfielder for Newcastle Hatem Ben Arfa (24 years, 4 games and 1 goal first League in the season 2010-11) and his former club, Olympique Lyonnais, would have to go before the Council of the labor on February 10, 2012. No agreement could be found this Friday before the labor conciliation board. In 2007, Ben Arfa was fined a total of EUR 100 000 on the part of rhodaniens leaders for insulting a referee at a meeting of CFA. The French international has already recovered 48 000 euros on the part of his former employer but would like to obtain the total reimbursement of the fine. (By Romain Boselli)

Guest BooBoo

Not overly convinced he'll be fit for the start of the season. Injury like this can easily run to 12 months.

Fingers crossed though.

Not overly convinced he'll be fit for the start of the season. Injury like this can easily run to 12 months.

Fingers crossed though.

This. Would love to see him back asap but not if it ment dicing with this injury in any way

It was a clean break, there was no ligament, muscle or tendon damage.  No reason why he'll lose his pace, it's just whether he recovers mentally.  I reckon he'll be fit for the start of the season like.  Depending on how bad this supposed setback is I suppose, but he was back kicking balls, sprinting and doing plyometrics, so he can't be that far off.

It was a clean break, there was no ligament, muscle or tendon damage.  No reason why he'll lose his pace, it's just whether he recovers mentally.  I reckon he'll be fit for the start of the season like.  Depending on how bad this supposed setback is I suppose, but he was back kicking balls, sprinting and doing plyometrics, so he can't be that far off.

I know and iv'e heard all this before, but im still not 100% convinced and tbh i wont be until i see him fit and playing. Would be typical if things don't go our/his way.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Would like him to be but wouldn't be too confident on him being there for the Arsenal game.

I know and iv'e heard all this before, but im still not 100% convinced and tbh i wont be until i see him fit and playing. Would be typical if things don't go our/his way.

Well my physio told me that the area around the break will actually be stronger now, so no need to worry mate  :celb:

Getting this lad was a master-stroke, not only for footballing reasons, but he is such a good ambassadeur for this club! Every french-speaking player is dying to play with him!

Why not? He's been out for nearly a year. It didn't take Valencia this long to recover, it didn't take a whole host of players who broke their legs this long to recover. Even the really bad breaks, like Eduardo and Smith, didn't keep them out for a year.

I realise there was a setback and he had to go for a second, albeit minor, procedure, but that has been a good 7 months ago. He should be running fully by now without any pain and looking to build up the strength in his muscles before starting pre-season proper.

In the best of worlds, he'd come in as the fittest player in preseason after doing a lot of strength and endurance work this summer.

Why not? He's been out for nearly a year. It didn't take Valencia this long to recover, it didn't take a whole host of players who broke their legs this long to recover. Even the really bad breaks, like Eduardo and Smith, didn't keep them out for a year.

I realise there was a setback and he had to go for a second, albeit minor, procedure, but that has been a good 7 months ago. He should be running fully by now without any pain and looking to build up the strength in his muscles before starting pre-season proper.

In the best of worlds, he'd come in as the fittest player in preseason after doing a lot of strength and endurance work this summer.

He has been out ever since.

He was doing running drills with us when he came back to training and that's when he didn't have a chance of playing according to Pardew. When Abeid signed, people asked him about Ben Arfa and he's apparently 'running with the ball and starting to feel good'.

Wow that video on Dailymotion.

He's easily our best player. It's scary how good he looks, and that was his fucking first game with us!

Honestly, on talent alone, he wouldn't look out of place playing for Man Utd. His touch, control and technique are all top quality. And he's got pace to burn as well.