Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

So, for you, Jonas Gutierrez must absolutely be a starter in your team ?

I think in the long term, Marveaux will be the starter in the left. He's ten times better footballer than Jonas and is also known for his work rate.

no

Did you see him play ?

started 2 league cup games , and came off the bench a few times in the league, show some potential , but not enough to convince that he's a better footballer than Jonas, look more dangerous going forward but Jonas is miles better in tracking back and defend .

10 times better ?

:yao:

if there's any truth of that statement, he should've joined Barcelona rather than free signing for us

Guest hatem garrincha

I think in the long term, Marveaux will be the starter in the left. He's ten times better footballer than Jonas and is also known for his work rate.

no

Did you see him play ?

started 2 league cup games , and came off the bench a few times in the league, show some potential , but not enough to convince that he's a better footballer than Jonas, look more dangerous going forward but Jonas is miles better in tracking back and defend .

10 times better ?

if there's any truth of that statement, he should've joined Barcelona rather than free signing for us

10 times better, yes man, and what you saw is not enough to judge him. When he'll play half a season, you'll forget Jonas Guttierrez.

no

Did you see him play ?

10 times better ?

10 times better, yes man, and what you saw is not enough to judge him. When he'll play half a season, you'll forget Jonas Guttierez.

:lol: i hope you're right, but still a big NO atm. and i wouldn't drop Jonas for him , maybe replace Obertan in the line-up though

Guest hatem garrincha

no

Did you see him play ?

10 times better ?

10 times better, yes man, and what you saw is not enough to judge him. When he'll play half a season, you'll forget Jonas Guttierez.

:lol: i hope you're right, but still a big NO atm. and i wouldn't drop Jonas for him , maybe replace Obertan in the line-up though

I'm right and you'll see. 

If Jonas wants to play, it'll be not in his actual position. He simply can't compete with Marveaux. It's not the same level. 

You shoud be happy for you team and club to have such a player, instead of being so conservative and negative towards new players  :)

Guest hatem garrincha

This all hinges on how well Marveraux can play off the ball and with the ball in his own half and the middle third.  I have no doubt that he is a better player than Jonas in the final third.

Marveaux is well known in France for his work rate.

He defends more than Hatem.

This all hinges on how well Marveraux can play off the ball and with the ball in his own half and the middle third.  I have no doubt that he is a better player than Jonas in the final third.

Has Marveaux ever played on the right?

Tbf that was the first game this season where we rode our luck.

And against QPR ?

And Scunthorpe... And Fulham...Even parts of the derby...

Aye. Might as well relegate us now.

Guest hatem garrincha

Has Marveaux ever played on the right?

sylvain is a complete footballer who can play as playmaker, off the striker and on the left. With Rennes, he had a free role in the front. I never see him play specifically on the right.

He also works and runs a lot during a match.

It's not just about work rate though.  We will see, I'm pleased that you rate him so highly.  Hopefully he will adapt his whole game to the pace of the Premiership.

Guest mimifrench

You seem to rate Marveaux very highly.

I now he is good but i don't rate him that high. Even in Rennes, before his serious injury, he wasn't "excellent".

And i never saw him playing off the striker.

At the moment, Jonas is a definite starter for me. Like some people have said, the only player who might be dropped from this side is Obertan (I'd still keep him in for the time being like.... :undecided:), so Marveaux could come in at some point and Jonas will be moved to the right. A reasonable change like.

I'd like to think that Ben Arfa could start against Spurs but guess it's still the case of easing him back into the side. We'll definitely see Hatem at some point against them though.

Guest mimifrench

At the moment, Jonas is a definite starter for me. Like some people have said, the only player who might be dropped from this side is Obertan (I'd still keep him in for the time being like.... :undecided:), so Marveaux could come in at some point and Jonas will be moved to the right. A reasonable change like.

I'd like to think that Ben Arfa could start against Spurs but guess it's still the case of easing him back into the side. We'll definitely see Hatem at some point against them though.

And in such a system, where would you put Ben arfa ?

Depends if Lovenkrands gets injured.

And in such a system, where would you put Ben arfa ?

In the number 10 role. This would mean that we would have to drop one of our strikers at some point.

The dilema with Ben Arfa is that Pardew has clearly earmarked him as the man to play behind a lone striker. However it would be incredibly harsh to drop either, both are scoring and both are playing well. At the same time it is frustrating to have such a talented player sitting on the bench. We could either wait until one of the pair up front put in a poor shift or two and drop them, or accomodate Ben Arfa on the left where he played a bit last season.

The dilema with Ben Arfa is that Pardew has clearly earmarked him as the man to play behind a lone striker. However it would be incredibly harsh to drop either, both are scoring and both are playing well. At the same time it is frustrating to have such a talented player sitting on the bench. We could either wait until one of the pair up front put in a poor shift or two and drop them, or accomodate Ben Arfa on the left where he played a bit last season.

Indeed.

Guest mimifrench

I don't understand your point : if he's a number 10, then you could play him behind your 2 forwards (so you don't have to drop one of them).

But then, if you want to play him off the striker, you should maybe later drop one of the striker and it'll be likely Leon Best.

And Ben arfa could also play on the wing... but Gutierrez is there.