Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

According to L'Equipe Hatem Ben Arfa is prepared to go on strike to get a move to us even if it means being fined and not being involved in France's Euro 2012 qualifiers.

i wish someone could offer a reasonable explanation as to why he'd go to these lengths to join us, i really do :lol:

fuck, don't think i could sit through the movie to get to that bit - fuck it your avatar will have to do

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDFQNZT3

Don't say I never got you anything.

blocked by work, FUCK

EDIT: dodged through on wireless, quality!  wonder how many take it took to stop her tits popping right oot?

Lots and lots of talk on OM forum that he'll buy out his contract, or threaten to buy out his contract if he cannot move.

It's becoming clear that we have had a deal agreed and Marseille have had a change of tune. Why else would a player react in this way?

(official) link please?

No official link,  but why would every news source in England and France say we had a deal agreed on Monday? What are they gaining from saying that? Smoke without fire?

Not to mention the OM president himself.

Aye, because we know from past experience that everything club officials come out with is to be trusted..

Why would hesay that a deal had been agreed with us and was expected to sign earlier this week?

Link to an article on the official OM site where he has said a deal was agreed..? AFAIK all he has supposedly said was he expected a deal to be completed this Tuesday or Wednesday..?

According to L'Equipe Hatem Ben Arfa is prepared to go on strike to get a move to us even if it means being fined and not being involved in France's Euro 2012 qualifiers.

i wish someone could offer a reasonable explanation as to why he'd go to these lengths to join us, i really do :lol:

Maybe he's been offered a "bonus" if he refusues to sign for anyone else and ends up here on the cheap? ;)

Still think this one is close to being tied up, as there still don't appear to be any other serious bidders. Dassier is just making a song and dance to get the Marseille fans onside I reckon. If it doesn't pan out we'll get someone else of a similar style I believe.  We've been very strongly linked with the likes of Erding and Djalo as well, so no need to fret. Think we've always intended to go after a top attacking midfielder/striker to play with Carroll, who is quite inexperienced at this level.

Keep the faith guys.

:aww:

Still think this one is close to being tied up, as there still don't appear to be any other serious bidders. Dassier is just making a song and dance to get the Marseille fans onside I reckon. If it doesn't pan out we'll get someone else of a similar style I believe.  We've been very strongly linked with the likes of Erding and Djalo as well, so no need to fret. Think we've always intended to go after a top attacking midfielder/striker to play with Carroll, who is quite inexperienced at this level.

Keep the faith guys.

I don't think it's close, I think we could be in this thread in two weeks time discussing the same thing, but I'm not about to throw my toys out of the pram and demand the head of Ashley on a stick.

Maybe he's been offered a "bonus" if he refusues to sign for anyone else and ends up here on the cheap? ;)

There's gotta be something right?  I mean forcing a move anywhere is one thing, forcing a move to us only at this point in time is another thing entirely.

I read somewhere that his ambition is to play in the same team as Alan Smith.

Guest johnson293

Was listening to Radio Newcastle on the way in to work this morning, and they are so behind with the latest news.

At around 8.35am this morning, they claimed that "in the last 20 minutes, Marseille had stated the player was staying, as Newcastles offer was far too low"

???

Only about 12 hours behind everyone else reading/hearing that!

I soon as I heard 'last 20 minutes', I thought there must have been another development.... erm, not!  :undecided:

I read somewhere that his ambition is to play in the same team as Alan Smith.

Maybe he's had a copy of 'The Entertainers' stuck in his DVD player for the last 15 years or so and just thinks we're still mint.

Perhaps it's the appeal of being the best player at the club by a fucking country mile.

It's like being asked to play 5-a-side football with a bunch of 12 year olds. You know, despite how shit you are, that you're gonna look like Lionel Messi compared to everyone else.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/8b/8c/0,,10265~6851723,00.jpg

http://www.avfc.co.uk/javaImages/8b/8c/0,,10265~6851723,00.jpg

hm, finally...it's at least possible - however they never played at OM together right?  so it'd just be an assumption that they know each other then...

Keep the faith guys.

I don't think it's close, I think we could be in this thread in two weeks time discussing the same thing, but I'm not about to throw my toys out of the pram and demand the head of Ashley on a stick.

Neither am I but sooner or later Ashley has to come up with some genuine quality signings. Looking for players who near the end of their contracts and hoping they'll agitate enough to force their club to release them isn't the worst ploy, but it's all a bit hit and hope.

Keep the faith guys.

Neither am I but sooner or later Ashley has to come up with some genuine quality signings. Looking for players who near the end of their contracts and hoping they'll agitate enough to force their club to release them isn't the worst ploy, but it's all a bit hit and hope.

I completely agree and it's a case of when it works it's genius and when it doesn't it's a pain in the arse. Like I said earlier I wouldn't want to second guess our next move.

Apparently been spotted at the airport with followers, due for a medical i heard.

Apparently he was well chuffed getting off his flight. He had won £5 on his easyjet scratchcard and opted for a tea and twix snack deal.

Apparently been spotted at the airport with followers, due for a medical i heard.

Apparently he was well chuffed getting off his flight. He had won £5 on his easyjet scratchcard and opted for a tea and twix snack deal.

Apparently he talked Unite into going on strike.

;D

Of course it did. In 08/09 we had a team good enough to comfortably stay up but went down because we had a bunch of shits playing for us who couldn't give a toss.

Youve missed the point completely. Duff contributed to the relegation. He was a disgrace. Much rather have Routledge.

Owen -> Best

Martins -> n/a

Duff -> Routledge

Bassong -> Williamson/Campbell

Beye -> Simpson

Geremi -> Perch

Butt -> n/a

Given -> n/a

N'Zogbia -> n/a

Yes, I can see why replacing (or not) those "shits who couldn't give a toss" for the players with great morale we've taken on will see us do far better this season.  :crazy2:

You obviously never watched Duff play for us did you? WInger my f***ing arse! Ive never seen someone so terrified to take a man on, and so ready to blame anyone but himself when he lost the ball. All that arm waving carry on.

I'm amazed his poor morale didn't spread through the squad and stop Fulham from getting to the Europa league final tbh. His 9 goals and 5 assists last season were also a pretty poor consolation for having to put up with all that arm waving.