--------------------Harper

-------Willi---------Colo----------Jose

--------------------Smith

---Guth-------------------------------Jonas-----

--------------------Barton

-------Bellas---------------------Arfa

--------------------Carroll

Smith???

No really lets get away from this Bellamy shite he's not what we need right now. Arfa needs to be in the middle

:lol: if we got both... at home anyway

--------------------Harper

-------Willi---------Colo----------Jose

--------------------Nolan

---Guth-------------------------------Jonas-----

--------------------Barton

-------Bellas---------------------Arfa

--------------------Carroll

Smith???

No really lets get away from this Bellamy shite he's not what we need right now. Arfa needs to be in the middle

my bad edit made :lol:

Wonder where Sewelly got that lingo from... ;)

Tbh i can't say i fully understand the trequartista role - but it can be a bit of a nightmare imo. One thing's for sure, you need to be the most mobile and zippy person on the pitch. If they're an intermediate between attack and midfield, then they've got more jobs to do. To have a positive effect on the attacking nature of the side... they need to have the stamina and vision of a great CM, and the instincts of a great CF. Take any one of those cogs out, and it's simply a pointless detriment.

Owen played a similar role fucking brilliantly... he was decent infront of goal, and as it happened - he could pick out a peach of a pass. But Nolan man, fucking hell. It doesn't even bare thinking about.

If we're gonna shoehorn him into the side no matter what - just stick him upfront ffs.

Well I wouldn't agree about Owen, but it's a big asset to have a player that can drop back and create in that area.

Interestingly, Ferguson was asked after the match about how he liked to play his strikers. He said that, throughout his time in management, he had never believed in picking two up front, in the sense of playing side by side. He always wanted them to play in different roles.

Skirge, please tell me you're just forgetting that we signed Routledge in January, because playing Smith and Guthrie ahead of him would be nothing short of mental, no matter what daft formation you want to use.

Wonder where Sewelly got that lingo from... ;)

Tbh i can't say i fully understand the trequartista role - but it can be a bit of a nightmare imo. One thing's for sure, you need to be the most mobile and zippy person on the pitch. If they're an intermediate between attack and midfield, then they've got more jobs to do. To have a positive effect on the attacking nature of the side... they need to have the stamina and vision of a great CM, and the instincts of a great CF. Take any one of those cogs out, and it's simply a pointless detriment.

Owen played a similar role fucking brilliantly... he was decent infront of goal, and as it happened - he could pick out a peach of a pass. But Nolan man, fucking hell. It doesn't even bare thinking about.

If we're gonna shoehorn him into the side no matter what - just stick him upfront ffs.

Well I wouldn't agree about Owen,

Why?

Has it been mentioned that the Marseille owner says the Ben Arfa situation will be resolved within two days?

Yep.

RMC have apparenlty said that Marseille are letting Ben Arfa leave in the next couple of days as long as he doesn't spout his mouth off again.

Fingers crossed it's to us now though.

what's the exact quotes? translated into english obviously...

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Off topic but can I just say that in the packed out bar I was in tonight I could hear the toon fans singing at Old Trafford. exemplary

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

After the song and dance we've witnessed over the past few days I think wild horses couldn't stop him leaving that club and joining us. He has to show an example of how to stand by your word to the OM board.