Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

We should play our best and strongest XI at all times, and Ben Arfa certainly falls into that criteria.

Our best and strongest XI should not be the same against every team, right?

:lol:

For the most part, yes it is. I certainly wouldn't be dropping Ben Arfa in fear of him getting injured, man. He's probably our best and most talented player, he should be on the bloody pitch if he's fit and available.

Ludicrous suggestion in all honesty.

Back to the time before Man City game, I have argued that while HBA performed very well so far, we should not risk him playing so many games against physical opponents because HE HAD NOT ADAPTED TO THE EPL yet.  That's the key point.  It is very hard for a player to escape from serious injury when he suffers an unexpected tackle.  In comparison, most of the time when C Ronaldo get tackled, he actually anticipates very well and take a little leap before the contact. 

I would have no problem to play HBA against Man City now, but not at that time. He just have less then 10 games experience in EPL, that's very risky and it turned out to be a disaster.

A further example for you, Modric also got a broken leg during his first season at EPL.  I don't think it's just coincidence.

Interpolic: For example. My point is that the PL is a tough league with many games. We should therefore rotate players. HBA shouldn't play home or away against Wolves because we should be able to beat them regardless. As I sad, SAF has done this for years, and we should do the same because the players will benifit from it when the season gets tough and the players are feeling the fatigue.

We should play our best and strongest XI at all times, and Ben Arfa certainly falls into that criteria.

For the most part, yes it is. I certainly wouldn't be dropping Ben Arfa in fear of him getting injured, man. He's probably our best and most talented player, he should be on the bloody pitch if he's fit and available.

Back to the time before Man City game, I have argued that while HBA performed very well so far, we should not risk him playing so many games against physical opponents because HE HAD NOT ADAPTED TO THE EPL yet.  That's the key point.  It is very hard for a player to escape from serious injury when he suffers an unexpected tackle.  In comparison, most of the time when C Ronaldo get tackled, he actually anticipates very well and take a little leap before the contact. 

I would have no problem to play HBA against Man City now, but not at that time. He just have less then 10 games experience in EPL, that's very risky and it turned out to be a disaster.

A further example for you, Modric also got a broken leg during his first season at EPL.  I don't think it's just coincidence.

He's not played any PL football since.

HBA should play against team like Arsenal.  If that's Man City, we could play Barton instead. I don't understand why such a tactical decision can be criticized.

Exactly, it's a tactical decision! What will hurt us the most? HBA out for months because we played him away against City and still lost or resting him in some matches which decreases the chances of injury and increases the probability of us taking three points away against opponents that's in the hunt for the same league spot (Everton, Villa, Tham)

I understand their point of view that we shouldn't give-up any match.  I agree with that, but to an extent that the risk isn't that high. We have more than 11 players and why can't we just make "one" change to our best eleven? Or just put him on the bench first?

He's not played any PL football since.

Regular training, a pre-season, a few games against less physical teams would help. HBA didn't have enough of these last year.

Interpolic: For example. My point is that the PL is a tough league with many games. We should therefore rotate players. HBA shouldn't play home or away against Wolves because we should be able to beat them regardless. As I sad, SAF has done this for years, and we should do the same because the players will benifit from it when the season gets tough and the players are feeling the fatigue.

He picks based on form and freshness, he doesn't sit there before the season starts and think "I'll not bother playing Nani against Stoke this year". :lol:

Plus they have a far bigger and better squad than us.  Form and fitness permitting, Ben Arfa should be starting any game he's available for.  If he's a bit jaded then fair enough give him a rest, but that's not what you're saying.

Guest fumiste

Can somebody work out what that French article says. The only thing I could make out was 3 months and I don't like it. Somebody form some kind of context please.

His manager just said that they will wait 48 hours to check his ankle.

everything will depend of the oedema on the ankle.

He thinks that HBA can come back on the pitch after one month , 6 weeks or 3 months...

But i know his agent...he is not really smart...let's hope he'll be back after few weeks...

Can somebody work out what that French article says. The only thing I could make out was 3 months and I don't like it. Somebody form some kind of context please.

His manager just said that they will wait 48 hours to check his ankle.

everything will depend of the oedema on the ankle.

He thinks that HBA can come back on the pitch after one month , 6 weeks or 3 months...

But i know his agent...he is not really smart...let's hope he'll be back after few weeks...

:undecided: :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

Why would he get done again though?

Because he's playing football?

He's no more like then every other f***ing player, and we don't fear for the likes of Barton getting done over every week, do we?

Get a f***ing grip man.

I never said i feared him getting injured again . All i said was that as long as Ben Arfa is a footballer, there is a chance of him getting injured. Which seems to be a scenario you refuse to accept.

Guest fumiste

Guys...

HBA start his professional career when he was 17.

Ligue 1 is also tough but referees protect players...it's not the case in England.

HBA was the target number one in every pitch for 6 years....

You don't have to be afraid for him...he'll be ok after few weeks...

Lets rest our best chance of a matchwinner in the toughest games we have, top idea like.

I was all for resting Andy Carroll at the Emirates last year, it's a miracle he didn't put his back out doing all them headers.

Why would he get done again though?

It's unfortunate, not a conspiracy.

to clarify, i'm not saying it's definitely gonna happen. i was responding to you saying 'we'll still see him for 30 odd games'. you cant say that with any degree of certainty for any player, and especially not one so prone to inviting mis-timed tackles. if he's fully fit i'd never ever rest him in case someone hurts him, that's cutting off your nose to spite your dial. but the possibility of it happening again is pretty high if you ask me, he's playing in a more physical league now, we didnt even get a free kick for de jong's 'tackle' for fucks sake.

Guys...

HBA start his professional career when he was 17.

Ligue 1 is also tough but referees protect players...it's not the case in England.

HBA was the target number one in every pitch for 6 years....

You don't have to be afraid for him...he'll be ok after few weeks...

:)