La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Tbf, I didn't criticise him.  Just said he was going through a bad spell which he is compared to his standards all season.  Still is a match winner as he's proven.

Ahem...what were you chaps saying again?

I was saying he's been a bit off the boil recently. Which, by his ridiculous standards, he has been.

He hasn't he just hasn't done anything unbelievable for a few games. He has 3 in 3, got an assist and should've had a goal v Arsebiscuits.

Guess that's why Pep wants him a bit deeper...

Exactly, so he can tap it in from 6 yards. All part of the plan mate, all part of the plan.

That was almost Nolan-esque, the way he came from deeper without anyone marking him cause the defenders was concentrating on the strikers.

Note, I said almost Nolan-esque, there's no way Messi is as good as him, so I don't want to start comparing them.

Ahem...what were you chaps saying again?

I was saying he's been a bit off the boil recently. Which, by his ridiculous standards, he has been.

He hasn't he just hasn't done anything unbelievable for a few games. He has 3 in 3, got an assist and should've had a goal v Arsebiscuits.

Unbelievable has been Messi's standard all season really. Just think he's not been at his best recently, never denied he's still a match winner regardless of his general performance.

Guess that's why Pep wants him a bit deeper...

Exactly, so he can tap it in from 6 yards. All part of the plan mate, all part of the plan.

That was almost Nolan-esque, the way he came from deeper without anyone marking him cause the defenders was concentrating on the strikers.

Note, I said almost Nolan-esque, there's no way Messi is as good as him, so I don't want to start comparing them.

I was gonna say. Now you're just being silly.

Guest neesy111

Dani Alves must surely cover more yards than most others playing professionally per game. His fitness levels are beserk.

Comparing his and Nolan yards covered in games would be interesting. :lol:

Dani Alves must surely cover more yards than most others playing professionally per game. His fitness levels are beserk.

Aye, it's incredible. Would really like to see some statistics to see if it's really like that or just because you always notice his runs.

Guest neesy111

Alves really does do the work of around 2 players on that right side, most free up so much space for others to play in.

Aye, it's incredible. Would really like to see some statistics to see if it's really like that or just because you always notice his runs.

Seems to him or Xavi. Not what I'd have thought, I guess Alves' are just more notable as you said as they tend to be full length.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2010/04/07/1867655/champions-legaue-analysis-lionel-messi-is-barcelonas-heart

Guest neesy111

Has Iniesta been subbed during every away game? For his ovation? Its a luxury they can normally afford.....

Quite a few games, aye.

Boring Barcelona, only winning by a goal to nil.

Shite.

By the logic that we're better than Arsenal (since we beat them away), and Arsenal is better than Barcelona (since they beat them at home), and Barcelona is better than Valencia, is it safe to assume that we would have won at least 4-0 away to Valencia?

Joan Laporta and the former Barça board have been ordered by a tribunal to deposit an endorsement of €24m in the next two months, which can potentially be used to pay off part of Barça's debt. Decision is not final.

(In Spanish sports law, the board of a fan-owned club is mandated to answer for any increase in debt after leaving office, Laporta had managed to dodge this due to a loophole).

Guest neesy111

Joan Laporta and the former Barça board have been ordered by a tribunal to deposit an endorsement of €24m in the next two months, which can potentially be used to pay off part of Barça's debt. Decision is not final.

(In Spanish sports law, the board of a fan-owned club is mandated to answer for any increase in debt after leaving office, Laporta had managed to dodge this due to a loophole).

Interesting.  I was reading about Laporta's time in charge in the other day, hugely successful but full of lies and unanswered questions.