La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

Our parliament is going to debate a motion to discuss the implementation of transfer and wage caps in La Liga. It's still ways off from happening though, since they want to reach a consensus with La Liga (I also prefer self-regulation) and I don't think the government will strongarm them unless they refuse any kind of stricter financial policing.

Some club will end up with Emana on the cheap, you any idea how he is playing these days VI?

Last season he was s***, but he just didn't want to be there, went AWOL for a bit and all. Haven't really paid attention to this one yet. They should have sold him for the alleged 8m offered when they got relegated, but their (former) owner is just nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

The La Liga clubs are debating a counter-proposal from Barça and Madrid regarding TV rights sharing. Sevilla and Villarreal are the only ones objecting as of now.

The new formula would be as follows (currently RM and Barça get around 50% of La Liga money via their separate agreements):

34% of all TV revenue shared between RM and Barça (minimum €100m each)

11% to Atlético and Valencia (minimum €50m each)

9% to Second Division teams

remaning 46% distributed according to league position, overall audience, etc...

Sevilla wants to be in Atlético/Valencia's share, while Villarreal wants a model like the Premiership.

Preliminary calculations show that RM and Barça would lose around €20-30m compared to their current gross, which should be offset by increasing overall TV revenue in the forthcoming years.

Real Madrid just passed 1000m in gross spend since Florentino took over back in 2000. Here's a nifty table with it broken down by season and player, for your amusement:

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/08/09/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1281330797_extras_noticia_foton_7_2.jpg

That 04-05 season. :lol:

Real Madrid just passed €1000m in gross spend since Florentino took over back in 2000. Here's a nifty table with it broken down by season and player, for your amusement:

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/08/09/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1281330797_extras_noticia_foton_7_2.jpg

That 04-05 season. :lol:

Surely the biggest waste of 60 million ever :lol:

Tbf though, Samuel was never given a proper chance.

FIFA has demanded that La Liga docks 6 points from Segunda outfit Recreativo de Huelva for defaulting on payments to Boca Juniors for the transfer of Sebastián Nayar.

It would be the first time that a Spanish club gets a point deduction on financial grounds (there's relegation for defaulting on player wages repeatedly but that's about it). Recreativo are currently in administration.

Yes, and it's one of the reasons secessionism is on the up around here, since we transfer a shitload of wealth to the rest of Spain and we can't even finance ourselves. And the Spanish Constitutional Court just cut our autonomy. Awesome.

The guy in that forum is full of s*** though, despite what people believe we have one of the smallest regional governments in Spain (given to said transfer of wealth). And we have the lowest civil servant/population ratio of the whole country.

Thoroughly agree on the shitiness of our politicians, though.

Guest neesy111

I've just been to Barcelona for a week, and if Barcelona reflects the rest of Catalunya as a capital of the region then it's certainly not going to go bankrupt.  Also from what I've seen barcelona is a financial city, so as VI says it probably creates wealth to the other regional states ?!?  Does this sound true VI?

Barcelona in many ways as a city, is lightyears ahead of what are cities are in the UK for architecture, culture and the people.

Guest neesy111

To VI

From what I seen from Barcelona, is that the basques still want independence from spain, and then the some of catalunya does, what are your thoughts on it ?!?

Grassroots football could be affected if the Catalan FA truly went bankrupt, which is doubtful since only part of their budget comes from the Catalan government (the Spanish FA gives them most of their monies and they are stinking rich). Still some small semipro or amateur clubs which depend from public support could fold easily.

All the pro clubs wouldn't be affected. Maybe they'll call in Espanyol's loans though  :aww:

I'm Catalan but I'm not a nationalist. I consider myself leftist and don't mind transfer of wealth and don't consider myself to be tyrannized by the Spanish state or anything. But I'm Catalan.

However, if due to our prosperity Catalans transfer wealth to poorer Spanish regions, I want the transfer to be sensible and I want that money used efficiently so these regions prosper. This is not happening. It's more of an issue of lack of accountability and government efficiency than anything else though (Madrid are badly screwed too, and they are running up higher debt than us). The Spanish administration is well, corrupt and wasteful.

Separatist sentiment is on the rise lately, given a variety of factors. Still isn't a majority. And currently there isn't a party that agglutinates it so it's pretty spread amongst parties that can't stand each other.

Guest neesy111

VI, I would of thought nationalism was on the way out, it's been 30+ years since the Catalan government was reinstated and the Franco dictatorship at an end ???

How has Barcelona been affected by the deep recession Spain is in, i.e. with 20% unemployment and a collapse in the real estate market.

Btw it's the best city I've visited, and is lightyears ahead on infrastructure, sport etc than the UK imo.