Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Roger Kint

He's not getting a break. :lol:

We're preventing him getting himself suspended. He'll still be training and possibly even on the bench, just won't be picked. If Pardew has any sense that is. It's only the same as not risking someone who has a niggling injury.

The next two games are important to us as fans, but ultimately meaningless at this stage. The first three matches of next season are anything but.

Totally agree, we all want to think we can get 4 points or more from the last two games but in reality losing him for the first three of next year isnt worth the hassle.

He misses 2 games this season where we have two games to finish top 10, or he misses 2-3 games where we have the whole season to go, where the aim will be pretty much the same. I say play him and go all out for it.

If he gets booked at Chelsea its 1 plus two next year, we have a good chance without him at home to WBA so why waste the extra games when it could mean more?

We're preventing him getting himself suspended. He'll still be training and possibly even on the bench, just won't be picked. If Pardew has any sense that is. It's only the same as not risking someone who has a niggling injury.

The next two games are important to us as fans, but ultimately meaningless at this stage. The first three matches of next season are anything but.

Totally agree, we all want to think we can get 4 points or more from the last two games but in reality losing him for the first three of next year isnt worth the hassle.

He misses 2 games this season where we have two games to finish top 10, or he misses 2-3 games where we have the whole season to go, where the aim will be pretty much the same. I say play him and go all out for it.

If he gets booked at Chelsea its 1 plus two next year, we have a good chance without him at home to WBA so why waste the extra games when it could mean more?

By the same token, first 2 games next year we'll have Ben Arfa & Gosling fit, probably a proper centre-forward in the team, and missing Tiote won't be as big a deal as it is now.

We know how vital he is to the team and if we end up struggling next season, every point counts. Lets not do anything silly and end up regretting it. It mightn't be 100% fair to the travelling fans, but its the smart thing to do.

Guest Roger Kint

By the same token, first 2 games next year we'll have Ben Arfa & Gosling fit, probably a proper centre-forward in the team, and missing Tiote won't be as big a deal as it is now.

True but why bother? We are safe, should get 11th or more so its worth it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would rest

Play Barton in the middle and give ranger/ raylor a run on the right

Guest Roger Kint

Knowing our luck he'd avoid a booking at Chelsea then be booked against West Brom. :lol:

Aye wouldnt surprise me

Guest Roger Kint

I would rest

Yep. Shola-Ranger, Jonas-Nolan-Barton-Raylor for last two games with Fergie coming on for some gametime.

How much better will it look though in the summer trying to attract players, etc. if we've finished 8th or 9th?

How much better will it look though in the summer trying to attract players, etc. if we've finished 8th or 9th?

:lol: If a player we want to sign say no because we ended at 12th place with 2 points up to 9th, he can fuck off.

Does it send the right message to the rest of the squad though? There's been players equally deserving of a break for all the efforts they've put in, the likes of Coloccini, Enrique, Nolan, Barton...can't see them being exactly chuffed if Tiote gets a few extra weeks off just because of how many bookings he's picked up. I know a few have been harsh, but harsh or not, a lot have been silly & wreckless tackles too, 14 is ridiculous in 30 odd games.

i think the others you mentioned would understand under the circumstances.

fwiw didn't think todays booking was worthy of yellow but will probably be proved wrong on motd.

Guest Roger Kint

Realistically how likely is it? I know Stoke are fucked(Citeh & Arsenal) but the rest?

Guest Roger Kint

Does it send the right message to the rest of the squad though? There's been players equally deserving of a break for all the efforts they've put in, the likes of Coloccini, Enrique, Nolan, Barton...can't see them being exactly chuffed if Tiote gets a few extra weeks off just because of how many bookings he's picked up. I know a few have been harsh, but harsh or not, a lot have been silly & wreckless tackles too, 14 is ridiculous in 30 odd games.

i think the others you mentioned would understand under the circumstances.

fwiw didn't think todays booking was worthy of yellow but will probably be proved wrong on motd.

It wasnt but MOTD will show you sometime else to say thank god

:lol: If a player we want to sign say no because we ended at 12th place with 2 points up to 9th, he can f*** off.

Ok then, as a fan in a few years time, how good will it be to look back at a first season back in the Premier League having finished top half in the league?

:lol: If a player we want to sign say no because we ended at 12th place with 2 points up to 9th, he can f*** off.

Ok then, as a fan in a few years time, how good will it be to look back at a first season back in the Premier League having finished top half in the league?

I dont care tbh. Next season are more important.

Guest Roger Kint

This for me is massive. Its how we move on as opposed to how we fare coming back up

Live for the moment man. If you can't look forward to try and finish top half of the Premier League when 17th was most people's objectives then we might as well give up. We'll not be going down next season so try and enjoy the rest, and for me that includes seeing Tiote up against Essien seeing how we get on.

I'd rest him against Chelsea but gamble on him against Brom.

If anything at all I'd be the other way around.

The best we can hope for against Chelsea is scrapping a point (and that's being very optimistic), 3 are achievable against West Brom. Save our best team for the latter.

Is being a supporter not about seeing our team against the best though? I'd love to see Tiote v Essien next week that could be an immense battle and would be proud as fuck seeing him come out on top.

I don't want to miss out on that because we're worried he's going to get booked and miss a few games.

I would rest

Yep. Shola-Ranger, Jonas-Nolan-Barton-Raylor for last two games with Fergie coming on for some gametime.

Meanwhile, back in reality... ;)

Guest Roger Kint

I would rest

Meanwhile, back in reality... ;)

Obviously but it makes sense