Wolves 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/08/10 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

It wasn't a sending off.

He was needlessly sent off.

And that was his fault?

Dresden is absolutely right, Shearer was inept and farcical.

The tackle was his fault. It was very dangerous tbf.

It wasn't a sending off.

And that was his fault?

Gerrard or Lampard would have got away with that foul tbh. (without getting sent off)

It was down to the fact that he's Barton.

And that was his fault?

If a player goes in for a two footed tackle then they are asking to be sent off and that's exactly what Barton tried on Alonso.

It wasn't a sending off.

And that was his fault?

Gerrard or Lampard would have got away with that foul tbh. (without getting sent off)

It was down to the fact that he's Barton.

Well that in itself is Joey Bartons fault.

Shearer never sticks up for us on MOTD. I always get the impression he doesn't want us to be successful unless he's in charge.

Or maybe he's trying to be impartial.  Did he look pissed off when we got the 6th against Villa?

I think even an impartial pundit would have been unhappy with the treatment meted out to Barton, never mind a Newcastle fan. I thought Hughton should have spoken out on that as well though.

That does not condone Shearer's ineptitude as a football manager. 

IMO Shearer's handling of the incident did nothing but hinder the club.  Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his actions provoked the incident.

:coolsmiley:

I'm confused. 

A good manager would make an excellent psychologist.  You have to manipulate your squad, cast aside any opinions (internal and external) on the players and find out how to motivate them.  As heza pointed out, Shearer may have 'given them a kick up the arse' (or whatever) and it didn't work - obviously. 

Why?  Just ask a psychologist.

Maintaining discipline and moral are fundamental to a successful manager.

You still haven't justified your post. 

Shearer never sticks up for us on MOTD. I always get the impression he doesn't want us to be successful unless he's in charge.

Or maybe he's trying to be impartial.  Did he look pissed off when we got the 6th against Villa?

I think even an impartial pundit would have been unhappy with the treatment meted out to Barton, never mind a Newcastle fan. I thought Hughton should have spoken out on that as well though.

Hughton never expresses his thoughts in interviews, infarct he neutralizes everything.  It's a small part of what makes him an excellent person to run our squad.

Guest localhero87

I get the impression he's trying too hard not to be biased towards us that he ends up the way he is! :lol:

Exactly. He doesnt want to come off like a fan. Shearer isn't selfish enough when it comes to Newcastle to hope we fail so he can get a job. He's earning more now at the BBC than he ever will in management.

That does not condone Shearer's ineptitude as a football manager.

IMO Shearer's handling of the incident did nothing but hinder the club. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his actions provoked the incident.

:coolsmiley:

I'm confused.

A good manager would make an excellent psychologist. You have to manipulate your squad, cast aside any opinions (internal and external) on the players and find out how to motivate them. As heza pointed out, Shearer may have 'given them a kick up the arse' (or whatever) and it didn't work - obviously.

Why? Just ask a psychologist.

Maintaining discipline and moral are fundamental to a successful manager.

You still haven't justified your post.

Barton getting sent off = lack of discipline AND team spirit/moral.

Shearer wasn't a manager running the team. He was a fan.  Even if he was furious with Barton's actions he should have done everything to maintain his moral and help him.  Instead he threw his dummy out - like anyone on here would.

Barton getting sent off = lack of discipline AND team spirit/moral.

Shearer wasn't a manager running the team.  He was a fan.  Even if he was furious with Barton's actions he should have done everything to maintain his moral and help him.  Instead he threw his dummy out - like anyone on here would.

That's far too simplistic. 

Is Ferguson inept because he's had players sent off?

Shearer is not a wanker.

Barton deserves shit for the rest of his career.

Happy now?

Sounds like somebody has an emotional attachment clouding what little judgement he has http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/sorry.gif

Is Ferguson inept because he's had players sent off?

You can't just generalize like that.  Each sending off is different.  I'm pointing out what I see as the reasoning behind the Barton incident - both before and after.

Seems like you're clutching at straws.

You can't just generalize like that.  Each sending off is different.  I'm pointing out what I see as the reasoning behind the Barton incident - both before and after.

If I'm clutching at straws then you'll no doubt have proof about Shearer's part in Barton being sent off against Liverpool.

If I'm clutching at straws then you'll no doubt have proof about Shearer's part in Barton being sent off against Liverpool.

Educated guess.  Believe whatever you want to.  Believe that our messiah was cruely struck down by a single player getting a needless red card, and if that hadn't happened we'd have avoided relegation all because of Alan Shearer...  Or beleive that he was compeltely out of his depth.  He couldn't swim to begin with.  He was a fan in charge of the club and that's the worst situation to be in.  He was making decisions, not based on cold hard logic, but around emotions.  Barton got sent off and he acted like a fucking fanboy.  Again, it's not exactly a massive leap to assume Barton wasn't totally comfortable with the messiahs 'management' and he vented his frustration. 

I know I'm right :smug:

Educated guess.  Believe whatever you want to.  Believe that our messiah was cruely struck down by a single player getting a needless red card, and if that hadn't happened we'd have avoided relegation all because of Alan Shearer...  Or beleive that he was compeltely out of his depth.  He couldn't swim to begin with.  He was a fan in charge of the club and that's the worst situation to be in.  He was making decisions, not based on cold hard logic, but around emotions.  Barton got sent off and he acted like a f***ing fanboy.  Again, it's not exactly a massive leap to assume Barton wasn't totally comfortable with the messiahs 'management' and he vented his frustration. 

I know I'm right :smug:

The "completely out of his depth" Shearer had a better points record in his 8 games than Keegan had in his first 8 games after returning. 

Does that mean Keegan was out of his depth? 

Barton has a history of being an idiot, who is to blame for that?

Come on, Mick. We scored in 2 out of 8 games with Shearer. We were clueless and abysmal.

Keegan had Man U, Liverpool (away) and Arsenal (away) to play.

At least my post was based on facts, unlike Dresdens.  :lol:

Guest localhero87

Come on, Mick. We scored in 2 out of 8 games with Shearer. We were clueless and abysmal.

Keegan had Man U, Liverpool (away) and Arsenal (away) to play.

To be fair, Keegan didn't take over a team full of disillusioned players. We were struggling but not in a relegation scrap. Under Shearer we were fighting for our lives. Its very tough to even compare the two situations.