Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

For the record:

Because it's a load of bollocks, he has just finished the season with over 10 goals from midfield. If we were flogging him he would get more interest than West Ham. So Allardyce is there? Means fuck all.

I will eat my own bollocks if Nolan signs for West Ham this summer :lol:

And Messi thought he had it bad. ;)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Apparently the Nolan story is in the NotW too, complete with quotes from the man himself.

The 'quotes' from RTG that were posted a while back about Nolan in Benidorm. :lol:

Apparently the Nolan story is in the NotW too, complete with quotes from the man himself.

The 'quotes' from RTG that were posted a while back about Nolan in Benidorm. :lol:

I haven't see the story but I seriously doubt they lifted potentially mythical quotes from a football message board and used it as the basis for a story if that's what you're suggesting. People tend to get lawyers involved when newspapers do that.

Looking more and more like "the shock".

Though never quite understood why his deal was up for negotiation at this stage.

Smacks of the player/agent trying to take advantage of a good season, though can't really blame them for that.

The hierarchy apparently playing hardball again.

One thing's becoming clear with this and the Barton contact story - there's no sentiment whatsoever here, or any view of the repercussions on team spirit/good of the club etc. It's cold, hard business decisions at every stage.

Guest magpie99

Pardew is building his own team now.......................out with the old, in with the young.

TBH...............I am not averse to seeing the likes of Nolan, Barton, Enrique leaving as long as we bring in better, younger players. Loike any manager, I am sure  Pardew wants to have his players in display and not the previous few managers, as in our case.

Also, as others have said previously, wholst Nolan is a good leader, he lacks in most other areas and as he gets older, his influence will dwindle. Enrique takes too many risks for my liking and his performances since January have been hit and miss. If we replaced Barton with Gervinho, then I would have no complaints at all.

Not sure whether Pardew is building his "own" team or whether he is being presented with incoming players and told who won't be getting a new contract.  At the moment, it looks like he isn't getting much of a say especially with existing players.

Not sure whether Pardew is building his "own" team or whether he is being presented with incoming players and told who won't be getting a new contract.  At the moment, it looks like he isn't getting much of a say especially with existing players.

well the only one you could really say that is with Barton (since the club will obviously be trying to sell him) but Enrique not so much the club as the player might not want to stay and Nolan still has 2 years left so no major rush on his contract

looks like he's doing exactly that, shipping out older more expensive players in order to bring in more talented (risky) cheaper players and hope they settle.

interesting that some seem so keen to keep him when many have slagged him off all season. i wonder if some are being swayed by his gosls tally ?

looks like he's doing exactly that, shipping out older more expensive players in order to bring in more talented (risky) cheaper players and hope they settle.

interesting that some seem so keen to keep him when many have slagged him off all season. i wonder if some are being swayed by his gosls tally ?

Who are you referring to?

Not sure whether Pardew is building his "own" team or whether he is being presented with incoming players and told who won't be getting a new contract.  At the moment, it looks like he isn't getting much of a say especially with existing players.

Who are you referring to?

many that  say because of his goals he ought to stay.

I assume you don't mean on this forum then. Seeing as nobody has said that or anything like it since this rumour was posted.

what about before the rumour was posted, during last season etc, you go look dave....i'm going to bed.

That doesn't even make sense, posts from last season have no relevance whatsoever to the current discussion. Primarily because the goal tally you mention didn't exist as we were in a different league and it hadn't happened yet...

Personally I wouldn't be averse to Nolan being replaced in the first team as despite his impressive goal tally this year I still don't think he offers enough generally as a player. His leadership is very valuable, but ultimately quality reigns. If Barton doesn't leave, I would imagine Cabaye's arrival puts Nolan's place under serious threat (though I'll openly admit I haven't seen him play).

I certainly wouldn't like to see Nolan leave the club this summer however. He still has plenty to offer on and off the pitch.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was about as effective as he is now, actually... but yeah, this was one of my guesses for the MDouglas 'treason' - Captain Nolan thinking about going/agreeing to go.

Fwiw, I can't imagine he or anyone would expect him to be given a 4 year £50k p/w contract - I'd bet it would've come with a healthy cut. As for why it's happening (IF it's happening), I believe that it's finally properly dawning on the players that 'this group of lads' is meant to be disbanded, not evolved.

or maybe "this group of lads" can't expect to earn bonus years based on being a "group of lads" and should accept that we are evolving.

I'd reckon 80 is more right than wrong. The old guard are to be put out to pasture. If the new breed are of the Tiote, Arfa, Cabaye ilk I can't say I'm too concerned, but it has the potential to go pear shaped I'm sure.

The old guard aren't being put out to pasture as far as I can tell. They just aren't getting inflated deals based on their "group of lads" valuation criteria.

To me, it's pretty clear these deals have revolved around security of position - not much to do with quick pay hikes. It's blatant sense, following on from the past 6 months, that no one's position at the club is safe, and so anyone with longer term plans here will be looking to shore themselves up - looking for some evidence that they're not about to be chucked at short notice. It's proven that the Board know how to extend an already long deal - see Tiote - so an unwillingness to do so with any other player who is ordinarily seen as an important member (like the captain...) is a sign he's actually not highly valued and liable to be ousted.

Have to say, why you seem to have disdain for the group of lads thing seeing as it was the main thing that kept us up I don't know. I'll grant you they shouldn't be given wildly large and long contracts but I haven't seen anything to seriously suggest they want them, but I can definitely see how offering security and a sense of value to bulwarks of the club's recent success - and likely future success for me - would help keep the wagon rolling and make sure the Cabayes aren't going to turn out like the Vianas.

Depends how much credit you give to all his interviews... Recently enough he was saying how important Barton was and that he'll almost without doubt be top class until his mid-30s...

Said it 4 months back: Pardew isn't a big fan of Nolan.

4 months? But yes, I remember, and you're probably right. Certainly doesn't have a clue what to do with him at the moment.