Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Only thing I can guess you can say is that all the signings are English league proven whereas Boro's were only mediocre north of the border. Still risky like. Be interesting to see what happens.

Can the thread title not be changed to 'Nolan turns down new contract to join West Ham' to put all this squad player rubbish to bed.

Well not really, as it depends which journo's opinion you listen to.

Barton contributes much much more than Nolan, I know it's naive to say "Nolan only scores goals and does fuck all else" but with better players (namely strikers) they will score the goals created for them by creative midfielders. Midfielders who aren't overrun by 2 strides from the opposition. If we sign N'Zogbia, Gardner, N Taylor, Ba & Erdinc (and replace Enrique if he goes) then I think we're better off than we were at the end of the season. If there's still money in the coffers then we can assess. This group of lads have done well to get us back to a suitable level, but in reality, the likes of Nolan would have been replaced and sold sooner or later. If he's 30 and sitting on the bench, he was going to be looking to move on, hence why he wasn't offered a long term deal and he's left. I don't know how old his kids are but I'd be guessing they're starting school soon, no sense in starting them for a year then moving them - he's a family man, you can't blame him for looking after number 1. But likewise NUFC should look after number 1 and if we end up with a better squad than we did last season come August 31st, then I'd guess the majority won't be pining over Kevin Nolan (except Wullie) come the end of the season.

WH are spending daft money but the type of players they are buying and their style under Fat Sham should see them back up imo. I suppose it will be worth it if they bounce straight back up.

Can the thread title not be changed to 'Nolan turns down new contract to join West Ham' to put all this squad player rubbish to bed.

Funny how reliable Douglas has been made out to be with all the good stuff he's "broke" yet as soon as this comes out, no chance. :lol:

Funny how reliable Douglas has been made out to be with all the good stuff he's "broke" yet as soon as this comes out, no chance. :lol:

???

Guest WashyGeordie

WH are spending daft money but the type of players they are buying and their style under Fat Sham should see them back up imo. I suppose it will be worth it if they bounce straight back up.

If they don't though they'll seriously be fucked!

Looks like it's the risk they want to take.

If we are going to be playing 4-3-3 next season then I'm not sure where Nolan (or Barton) fits into the system .  If we can acquire another player, more suited to that system, then it could end up being good business for both Nolan and the club

Has been proved to reliable? I think he's pretty shit tbh. His little clues are shit as well, keeps it vague so it looks like he isn't wrong.

???

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

2 sides to every story I suppose. Had Nolan REALLY wanted to stay for life, there was a good contract offer there. He chose to leave

People have been lapping up the "unnamed international midfielder" the thing with Erdinc this week, but in this instance we should not believe him?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we are going to be playing 4-3-3 next season then I'm not sure where Nolan (or Barton) fits into the system .  If we can acquire another player, more suited to that system, then it could end up being good business for both Nolan and the club

Barton would.

FWIW Nolan played 4-3-3 for his whole career before moving to us.

Fuking gospel till it suits. Pathetic defence of the player on here, to be expected though.

???

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

2 sides to every story I suppose. Had Nolan REALLY wanted to stay for life, there was a good contract offer there. He chose to leave

People have been lapping up the "unnamed international midfielder" the thing with Erdinc this week, but in this instance we should not believe him?

Who has said they don't believe him like?

Fuking gospel till it suits. Pathetic defence of the player on here, to be expected though.

It's not even a defence of the player for the most part. It's just a convenient excuse to have a dig at Fat Ashley and speccy Dekka.

So what were you implying?

That we don't know who's the closest to the truth, so why put one's version as the thread title and not the other?

Guest johnson293

It's not even a defence of the player for the most part. It's just a convenient excuse to have a dig at Fat Ashley and speccy Dekka.

^ Bingo!  :snod:

Yup. Got nothing at all to do with selling our top goalscorer and club captain. All just an excuse to slag off Ashley...

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

That's weird. God knows what sweetner the gynormously headed one and his crooked son have offered him under the table.

The rumour is £50k p/w basic salary with add ons that could take it up to around £70k p/w.

In the Championship?! My God. That's mental.