Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I just think Perch can pass the ball better and also defend better than Jonas, and he also retains possession better. But like you say, everyone's opinions are different.

Our fans can be bellends but you only have to look back a few pages on here to see how much derision he brought after each match. If he stays next season he needs to be what Perch was, not starting every week and struggling to even do the basics.

Guest icemanblue

Every 1-2 weeks without fail, the same couple of pages of argument on repeat.

:lol: It's true.

Probably not. :lol:

Blinkered.

Yeah mate, I'm the blinkered one.  :mike:

What I actually meant was that there are certain games where I can see a role for Jonas.  Not many, but certainly in the case of injuries or closing games out as a sub.

Guest icemanblue

Looked like he might transition into a bit of a centre midfield dynamo, but instead he's just become an all around midfield hell no.

This guy has progressively become worse with every season past.

That Newcastle effect.

An awful footballer, and a despicable human being.

31 minutes.

Looked like he might transition into a bit of a centre midfield dynamo, but instead he's just become an all around midfield hell no.

This guy has progressively become worse with every season past.

That Newcastle effect.

An awful footballer, and a despicable human being.

31 minutes.

:lol: superbly demonstrated.

Blinkered.

What I actually meant was that there are certain games where I can see a role for Jonas.  Not many, but certainly in the case of injuries or closing games out as a sub.

So there's no 'probably not' about him starting, then? There's no games in which he should get near the starting lineup.

Blinkered.

So there's no 'probably not' about him starting, then? There's no games in which he should get near the starting lineup.

I can see games where we might want to play him as part of a midfield three or games where we want to counter a specific threat and play him a midfielder in a 4-4-2.  So yes - I don't think he should be part of a starting XI on a regular basis but I see a role for him.  I don't know what else you want me to say - I can see a role for a lot of players in our squad that might be outside our first choice XI.

Guest hobshobs

Blinkered.

Agreed. I can see a role for him as well. Half time entertainment impersonating a seal, performing back flips with no one in touching distance.

Mackems game will hopefully have proved to be the final nail in his coffin, as a starter at least. He was on a run of games where he played really well (Fulham (h)) springs to mind, but he couldn't sustain that form and delivered an appalling performance at home to Sunderland at the end of it. He has attributes whereby he can provide a useful outlet when deployed in a strictly 'non-attacking, ball retention' role, but he's got to be out of the starting line-up next season.

With Anita, Tiote, Sissoko, Cabaye, Marveaux and Bigi all available it would be very hard to explain why Jonas was playing in most games.

Remarkably easy actually.

Matty Hyland ‏@_MH513_ 3 Jul

Any football club interested in signing @elgalgojonas ? I'll drive him personally to your club. #FollowPerchy

jonas gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas 3 Jul

@_MH513_ thanks, but don't care pal I have a car. You r funny hahaha, have a nice day.

Matty Hyland ‏@_MH513_ 3 Jul

@elgalgojonas Well, if you're going to stay, at least try to score this season. If you score 3 by Christmas, I'll get your name on my shirt. 

jonas gutierrez

‏@elgalgojonas

@_MH513_ hahaha ok we make that deal if not I invite you for a dinner and a drink.

:lol: I can't stay mad at him for being mostly shit, he's such an affable fella.