Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I can see why other forums call this place Nuerotics Online at times. They way some of our players get slated you'd think we would be ten points adrift at the bottom of the table.

Yes it would be nice If Jonas had more end product to his game, but ignoring the fact that his ability to keep the ball in the oppositions half often while doubled up on is plainly ridiculous.

Would that be the ability to take a pathetic dive every time a player comes near him, or the ability to run straight into blind alleys and more often than not concede possession?

Yeah i think Enrique and Jonas is a top draw partnership and don't think there is much better quality aside from the top 4ish teams. The way they both work together and feed off each other is a joy to watch. My favourites are Colo, Enrique and Jonas. Obviously Tiote is brilliant but still his first season here, Barton is just starting to show his true colours, Carroll is also coming on leaps and bounds and is looking like another Geordie hero but obviously the jury still remians out weather he is going to stay past the summer of 2011.

I also think Tim Krul is top draw goalkeeper but obviously he is another one the fan's seem to love to turn on.

We've been absolutely blessed with goalkeepers for over a decade.  The bar has been set very high.  Krul can be a top drawer goalkeeper, but still will fall short against Given and Harper in their primes.

That said, Krul is very young and I have absolute confidence that if he's handled correctly he'll be every bit the keeper Given was.

Guest Roger Kint

I also think Tim Krul is top draw goalkeeper but obviously he is another one the fan's seem to love to turn on.

Krul had a poor game last week. Saying that does not mean any fan is turning on him, thinking otheriwse is utterly pathetic!

Jonas has been poor in too many games this season, West Ham was one of the worst displays from a winger since Geordie Geordiadis(sp?) graced SJP.

Guest neesy111

My problem with Jonas is the fact I don't believe he's a winger because of the lack of service he gives to the strikers.  It's been debated whether we should try him inside.  The fact is we have no-one else on the left for now and because of that reason he can be in this comfort zone which we've seen throughout this season imo.

Krul had a poor game last week. Saying that does not mean any fan is turning on him, thinking otheriwse is utterly pathetic!

Jonas has been poor in too many games this season, West Ham was one of the worst displays from a winger since Geordie Geordiadis(sp?) graced SJP.

:dowiespin: -tastic

Guest Roger Kint

My problem with Jonas is the fact I don't believe he's a winger because of the lack of service he gives to the strikers.  It's been debated whether we should try him inside.  The fact is we have no-one else on the left for now and because of that reason he can be in this comfort zone which we've seen throughout this season imo.

He hasnt got the passing or technique to play central. Not that i want to fuel this daft argument again

Guest neesy111

My problem with Jonas is the fact I don't believe he's a winger because of the lack of service he gives to the strikers.  It's been debated whether we should try him inside.  The fact is we have no-one else on the left for now and because of that reason he can be in this comfort zone which we've seen throughout this season imo.

He hasnt got the passing or technique to play central. Not that i want to fuel this daft argument again

I think it's just been fuelled and is about to burn brightly :lol:

You would think after watching us attempt to play football without the Jonas/Enrique axis at Stevenage people would lay off for a while. Jonas end product is shit without a doubt but without him there we struggle to get it out of our own half without booting it upfield in desperation. When HBA is ready I want to see him on the left wing, until then be thankful for small mercies.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it's just been fuelled and is about to burn brightly :lol:

Really? You have offered nothing to further it and i have no desire to do so either, bright as a blackhole from what i can see!

Guest rabit71

jonas can cross quite well.... with his right foot, but is shocking wiht his left

unfortunately, he is played on the left, and hasnt been coached about cutting back effectively it seems

i would like to see him on the right when benny is back

Guest Roger Kint

Go on then, offer an opinion as to where i got it hopelessly wrong?

The fact Neesy is agreeing with you should be setting some REALLY BIG alarm bells off

haha it should but he isnt though. My point was very much opposed to his.

Yeah i think Enrique and Jonas is a top draw partnership and don't think there is much better quality aside from the top 4ish teams. The way they both work together and feed off each other is a joy to watch. My favourites are Colo, Enrique and Jonas. Obviously Tiote is brilliant but still his first season here, Barton is just starting to show his true colours, Carroll is also coming on leaps and bounds and is looking like another Geordie hero but obviously the jury still remians out weather he is going to stay past the summer of 2011.

Jesus Christ :lol: :lol:

Go on then, offer an opinion as to where i got it hopelessly wrong?

The fact he carried a knock for most of that performance, we won 5-0, he had an indirect part in a couple of the goals, he got his marker booked, the fact he has played much, much worse for us in other games but you've chosen that one, the wild hyperbole you've used - I don't and i doubt many others would for a second believe that's one of the worst wing play performances in the last 10 years.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah i expect Jonas to be perfect, thats my problem :facepalm:

Where do I suggest that you expect him to be perfect?

'There are very few footballers in the world who have even close to every component of their game perfected and of those that have none (at this moment in time at least!) are going to join Newcastle United. As much we would all like Jonas to be the perfect winger the fact of the matter is that he is not and I believe once you accept him for what he is you are able to see much more of the positive things which he does; this is certainly the case for me anyway.'

Thats as much of your post as i bothered to read. I offered a reply as daft as what you said.