Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I know it sounds like a broken record. But christ his end product man :facepalm:

There was a moment in the 2nd half where he cut inside and was on the edge of the 18 yard box and dragged the ball miles wide of the goal at a pace of about 10miles an hour.

I love how he takes pressure of the defence and can help the side counter attack but i enjoy watching wingers who can cross a ball. He always looks for the easy option to save himself looking a tit to even attempt to take on a man. Give Marveux a chance next game...

Jonas HAS to play no matter if its left or right wing.

You can buy a car do it up with all the bling and performance parts but all of that would be pointless without its engine.

Jonas IS our engine

Even if it's backfiring?

Two words - end product.

Marveaux will create more chances and score more goals, they're more important than Jonas's work rate and personality.

Thought he worked very hard yesterday. I know he's not overly creative but these days I find myself loathe to criticise him given that he never stops working for the side.

Watching the highlights again in the first half Cabaye released Obertan with a fantastic ball and he went haring towards the goal with only one defender in the way. I noticed Jonas just jogging along on the other side when he could easily have raced towards the penalty area and got into a goal scoring position instead of just letting Obertan try and score on his own. I think that attitude might cost him his place in the long run.

Watching the highlights again in the first half Cabaye released Obertan with a fantastic ball and he went haring towards the goal with only one defender in the way. I noticed Jonas just jogging along on the other side when he could easily have raced towards the penalty area and got into a goal scoring position instead of just letting Obertan try and score on his own. I think that attitude might cost him his place in the long run.

If Jonas is dropped at some point, the last reason ever would be because he is not running/working hard enough

If Jonas is dropped at some point, the last reason ever would be because he is not running/working hard enough

I'm a massive Jonas fan and I've defended him on this thread when he was getting real stick before now so I'm a big fasn of his running. But I don't think he likes making runs to score goals unless he has the ball at his feet. You rarely see him moving into a goal scoring position when the ball is on the opposite wing. If you watch wingers who score goals they often arrive at the far post when their opposite number crosses from the other side.

I'm a massive Jonas fan and I've defended him on this thread when he was getting real stick before now so I'm a big fasn of his running. But I don't think he likes making runs to score goals unless he has the ball at his feet. You rarely see him moving into a goal scoring position when the ball is on the opposite wing. If you watch wingers who score goals they often arrive at the far post when their opposite number crosses from the other side.

Ok you may have a point on running off the ball when we are attacking. He does do lots of off the ball running when we are defending though.

Ok you may have a point on running off the ball when we are attacking. He does do lots of off the ball running when we are defending though.

No argument there, he covers as much ground as anyone.

No argument there, he covers as much ground as anyone.

Can I begin an argument then by saying that he covers more ground than most others when we are defending?  ;D

People are discussing team selections at times like it has to be that way every game. It doesn't at all. In some games we'll definitely need Jonas work rate. Against the likes of city, tottenham etc. In other games where we totally boss the game and run the show all night like against 'burn. We can you the more creative force in Marveaux. It's nice and all that people can't decide who to use. But whats even nicer is quality in depth and such different type of players to come in and change the whole picture at times.