Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

List of Premier League players availiable on a bosman at the end of the season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/01/19/2310634/premier-league-bosman-list-all-the-players-available-for-free-in-

Not sure how accurate this is but players that stick out as good signings that fit our blueprint.

1) Seamus Coleman in particular. Looked a great player this season and am shocked he is the last year of his contract. Can play right back or right mid and wouldn't be too much in wages. Would be an absolutely top signing.

2) Giles Barnes hasn't been injured for a while which is promising but it is questionable whether he can ever be a top player. Definitely worth a look in my opinion. Would have to be on a tight contract however.

3) Michael Kightly. would be worth a check by our medical team to see if there is anything that can be done to stop this run of injuries but probably not worth it. Would have to settle for reduced wages.

There are also some older players entering the final years of their career that I believe would be worth an affordable contract that goes for a year or two.

1)  Johan Elmander certainly hasn't shown any signs of aging as he is arguably having his best season in England. Struggled beforehand but it's hard to say whether his good season is down to finally adjusting to English football or just a lucky purple patch. May ask for too much money to be worth it.

2) Zolton Gera Can play anywhere in midfield and has kept in great shape. Would be a decent squad player imo who wouldn't ask for exorbitant wages. will be 32 at season end so you wouldn't want the contract going longer than two years at a maximum.

3) James Mcfadden Wasn't long ago that he was Birmingham's best player. Has some flexibility in that he can play on the wings or as a striker and is currently only 27. Hasn't done much this season which would be a worry.

3) James Mcfadden Wasn't long ago that he was Birmingham's best player. Has some flexibility in that he can play on the wings or as a striker and is currently only 27. Hasn't done much this season which would be a worry.

He's been injured since September :)  Would take McFadden though, along with Gera and Coleman.

I'm shocked that Coleman hasn't been signed on again by Everton.  Looks like a very good player.

1) Seamus Coleman in particular. Looked a great player this season and am shocked he is the last year of his contract. Can play right back or right mid and wouldn't be too much in wages. Would be an absolutely top signing.

Would be a really good signing tbh.

I'd be very surprised if we got Coleman tbh, I imagine there would be quite a few clubs in for him if he doesn't extend his contract at Everton, which I think he will. Jonathon Spector might be alright as a squad player.

Really? i hadn't even heard of him until this season and he only signed for Everton in 2009.

Some other European players that are out of contract and may be worth cheeky bid in January

Urby Emmanuelson, Jonathan Reis, Ivan Rakitic, Piotr Trochowski, Ersan Gulum, Victor Vazquez,

Seamus has promised Dave he'd sign, no worries. They had a conversation and everything. Bezzie m8z.

Only joking. IIRC he signed a new 4 year contract last summer, he certainly isn't in his last year.

On a free I would take any of the below to improve your squad:

Nigel Reo-Coker

Sebastian Larsson

Gretar Steinsson

Johan Elmander

Jose Bosingwa

Zoltan Gera

Zavon Hines

What about Rory Delap to throw the ball at Carroll?

Really? i hadn't even heard of him until this season and he only signed for Everton in 2009.

Some other European players that are out of contract and may be worth cheeky bid in January

Urby Emmanuelson, Jonathan Reis, Ivan Rakitic, Piotr Trochowski, Ersan Gulum, Victor Vazquez,

Rakitic has been linked with Atlético. Víctor Vázquez wants to go abroad indeed. As I said before in this thread, he was expected to be the dog's bollocks until he did his knee, and is still a handy player. It's hardly likely that we'll extend his contract.

Nigel Reo-Coker

Sebastian Larsson

Gretar Steinsson

Johan Elmander

Jose Bosingwa

Zoltan Gera

Zavon Hines

How would Zavon hines improve us?

Nigel Reo-Coker

Sebastian Larsson

Gretar Steinsson

Johan Elmander

Jose Bosingwa

Zoltan Gera

Zavon Hines

How would Zavon hines improve us?

I think he would improve the Squad, would give us something different from the bench at least, we don't have many pacey options for the wings.