Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Didn't realise he had to be more realistic but I reckon we could attract him back to the North East.

Sorry, I edited that. I thought you had been one of those saying we wouldn't be able to afford Jarvis, my mistake.

Downing would cost a lot of money and would have little resale value that would be higher so no chance IMO.

Downing and Adam Johnson on either wing, SJH will be having a wet dream.

HBA to sign a 5 year deal plus another strike lined up.  I think if we can do this and get Barton and Jose and Colo all on extended contracts that would suit me. Plus if being greedy a right and left winger who can create a cross or 2

This would be ideal. I think we will see a LB in on loan and a Striker. Really hope the striker is significantly better than what we have, we need to ship Xisco, Best, Lovenkrands and Shola out, the latter two can wait until the summer.

I think we will be in for Keane without a doubt. I expect him to end up somewhere else though.

Guest Stephen927

Downing or Jarvis would be fantastic, both players who constantly look to float crosses in every time they get the ball. Not sure on Downing's situation at Villa, he might fancy a move with Houllier there, a few players haven't been happy with his methods. We'd have to pay through the nose for Jarvis due to his importance for Wolves. I don't think they could replace him in January and without him I'd put them down as certainties for relegation.

I'm not expecting any major business. Clubs don't want to sell a first eleven player as they only have a month to replace them.

Any player we get will either be playing in a worse division (i.e. Championship, Swiss League, maybe a non-leading French team), a different continent (different calendar or transfer rules), or not be getting a game for whoever they play for.

If Wolves go down (and we stay up) I'd like us to try for Milijas. I know this is more of a realistic summer target

We should buy Steven Fletcher instead. He is criminally underused by a toothless Wolves. The right age profile, the right playing style to complement Andy Caroll, works tirelessly, should cost reasonably since Wolves only spent 6M on him.

Guest Roger Kint

If Wolves go down (and we stay up) I'd like us to try for Milijas. I know this is more of a realistic summer target

We should buy Steven Fletcher instead. He is criminally underused by a toothless Wolves. The right age profile, the right playing style to complement Andy Caroll, works tirelessly, should cost reasonably since Wolves only spent 6M on him.

Only £6m? Am sure Wolves will happily give us him for a loss after just 6 months then wont they? Have you been stuck in the kennels since Mike Ashley arrived? :facepalm:

Give me Canales on loan Graham Carr and Pardew! He is suddenly even further down the pecking order now that Kaka comes back from injury. Enrique & co would be perfect to help him settle.

Call it a long shot, but both Arsenal and Sampdoria are reportedly after him. I'd say we are a more attractive side than Sampdoria, and Mourinho and Wenger doesn't go along at all.

A bit subjective here, but no doubt he is a terrific player and prospect.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bolton are safe imo, which would have been the starting point for the season. 7th or 8th is the best they can hope for.

I think a bid of 4-5 million would secure Elmander and fend off more interest in the summer. I think he would see us as a step up.

4-5million sounds a lot when you consider he is out of contract in the summer, but i think if we wait, the likes of Liverpool, Everton and even Chelsea could become interested which would make his signiture very difficult to obtain.

With the way we play i think another big striker would be the best way to go

Downing would cost a lot of money and would have little resale value that would be higher so no chance IMO.

No offence to Disco but isn't it just criminal that we as sports fans now think this short of shit.

:sadnod:

That's the Ashley effect in action right there.

Give me Canales on loan Graham Carr and Pardew! He is suddenly even further down the pecking order now that Kaka comes back from injury. Enrique & co would be perfect to help him settle.

Call it a long shot, but both Arsenal and Sampdoria are reportedly after him. I'd say we are a more attractive side than Sampdoria, and Mourinho and Wenger doesn't go along at all.

I know he's definitely not realistic, but Sampdoria are a much more attractive side than us

I know he's definitely not realistic, but Sampdoria are a much more attractive side than us

Why are Sampdoria a more attractive side than us? They're as poor as us in their league. Bollocks. It would have to be for the weather in that case.