Players we've had on trial and not bought

Hughesy

Was just reading on nufc.com that today in 1997 we had Massimo Oddo (of Lazio and AC Milano fame, as well as Champions League and World Cup winner) on trial.  We obviously didn't buy him.  Was wondering if anyone knows of any other players we've had on trial who've gone on to be pretty good.

brian reid (rangers centre half) and a very tall scandinavian forward whos name escapes me.

Kennet Anderson.

thats him :clap:

Remember KK chasing him in our promotion season but failed to sign for some reason.  I remember him and his agent sitting in the Milburn for one of our televised games on Tyne Tees.

brian reid (rangers centre half) and a very tall scandinavian forward whos name escapes me.

Kennet Anderson.

thats him :clap:

Remember KK chasing him in our promotion season but failed to sign for some reason.  I remember him and his agent sitting in the Milburn for one of our televised games on Tyne Tees.

played in a reserve game and because he was a trialist we werent allowed to charge for entry so we had about 5,000 the reserves at SJP.

David Terrier

Fumaca - the only Brazilian that didn't know what a ball was.

was fumaca a trialist as he played in the first team ?

Not sure how its stands, may have been a loan to the idea of a buy but we never took up the offer.

David Terrier

Fumaca - the only Brazilian that didn't know what a ball was.

was fumaca a trialist as he played in the first team ?

Not sure how its stands, may have been a loan to the idea of a buy but we never took up the offer.

see, got kennet anderson and thought you were clever eh ?