Carroll, Nolan, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Xisco

James

Arguably, its a better collection of strikers than:

Wigan: Rodallega, Boselli, Di Santo, Moses

West Brom: Cox, Odemwingie, Bednar, Miller, Fortune

Bolton: Davies, Elmander, Blake, Klasnic

Blackpool: Harewood, Ormerod, Varney, DJ Campbell

Blackburn: Kalinic, Benjani, M Diouf, E Diouf, Roberts

So while it could obviously be improved, there should be enough there to keep us up.

So while it could obviously be improved, there should be enough there to keep us up.

Wigan: Yes ours is better.

West Brom: Pretty even.

Bolton: nope

Blackpool: Yes.

Blackburn: nope.

If we're gonna play 4-4-2, which we absolutely should do at home, then Xisco is the best option to partner Caroll. He showed that against Villa. After that its Shola, shoot me down if you wish but the lad is a decent goalscorer. Then Ranger who seems to be improving and then Lovenkrands who doesn't look cut out for this level.

Guest BooBoo

It was a well worked move for Carrolls hat trick against a demoralised villa defence but to say Xisco should be starting is ridiculous. He's on borrowed time and the club will move him on the first time someone comes sniffing.

It was a well worked move for Carrolls hat trick against a demoralised villa defence but to say Xisco should be starting is ridiculous. He's on borrowed time and the club will move him on the first time someone comes sniffing.

What have the others, Shola aside, done to merit starting over him?

Guest BooBoo

Lovenkrands has at least played and scored in the Premier league on a few occassionsmand also scored goals last year.

Nolan for all his annoyances does score goals.

Ranger is cutting his teeth, has enthusiasm and has a point to

prove.

All are ahead of Xisco in the Q to partner to Carroll.

Lovenkrands has at least played and scored in the Premier league on a few occassionsmand also scored goals last year.

Nolan for all his annoyances does score goals.

Ranger is cutting his teeth, has enthusiasm and has a point to

prove.

All are ahead of Xisco in the Q to partner to Carroll.

Don't really count Nolan as a striker, but I wouldn't condemn anyone who does. Ranger could possibly be above him in the queue thanks to his improved performances. I'm one of Lovenkrands' biggest fans, and he still possesses decent pace but I'm not sure he's a consistent enough of a finisher to be a starting striker in the Premiership. Only reason I think Xisco deserves a chance is that he's barely had a chance to show us what he can do and when he has played I've seen flashes of good play.

Not specifically on topic but has Xisco actually been given any chance at Newcastle to prove himself? ???

Apparently looked half arsed in the reserves so really fighting for his place, that said apparently young foreign players should walk into the first team otherwise they have every right to be disillusioned and not bother.

Not specifically on topic but has Xisco actually been given any chance at Newcastle to prove himself? ???

Apparently looked half arsed in the reserves so really fighting for his place, that said apparently young foreign players should walk into the first team otherwise they have every right to be disillusioned and not bother.

:slap:

I know you're annoyed about Besty boy being left out of the thread title, but no need to go all hormonal.  :laugh:

We're only comfortably better than Blackpool, imo. Rodallega is better than anything we have. Blackburn have a good mix of powerful experienced players along with a talent in Kalinic. Davies is better than Carrol right now, and Elmander/Klasnic are better than anyone after Carroll. West Brom have an eclectic mix of strikers, but I really like one or two of them. The only trusted striker at this club has never played a full season in the top flight of any major league.

Shola is better than Cox, Miller, Bednar and Fortune.

Obviously it comes down to personal opinion, but I would take Miller, Bednar, and Fortune over Shola, who is really a constantly injured, inconsistent nothing.

Them 3 players are just nothing players imo. Fortune looked poor in Scotland and Bednar is dreadful.

Miller was quite promising at one stage however, but he's even more injury prone than Shola recently.

No, but at the same time he does look a little bit pants when he has taken to the field. There does look to be a half-decent footballer in him at times, but that's only when he's not looking like a headless chicken.

Personally think that he's either s*** and we were conned (backdoor Wise/Llambias deal to appease agents?), or that we've ruined him by breaking him mentally after treating him like he was radioactive turd, so even if he had the potential he'll never be a decent/good player for us anyway (kinda like Hugo Viana). I have no idea how he did on loan at R.Santander last season, but his stats are 23 games (7 starts, 16 sub appearances), 3 goals, which isn't exactly earth shattering for someone touted to be a promising La Liga frontman at the time of us signing him.