Likeable players...

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

How many do we have in our squad? Even the shite players or players you know are not up to it seem likeable. I can't quite remember us having so many likeable people in our squad like, not since KK's first time here as manager. I mean Jonas, he's pretty average and hugely irritating at times but I just can't dislike him. Even Barton whose character is obviously flawed, when I hear him speak and listen to his thoughts he has this endearing element to him. Thoughts? I honestly can't think of one current Toon player I dislike.

I think last season endeared a lot of the players to us. During the relegation season i despised half of our team; Owen, Martins, Barton, Geremi, Mark fucking Viduka. We had a lot of players we percieved to be mercenaries. This season it's different, we've got a lot of tryers, just the ability isnt there.

Guest elbee909

What about Smith?  He's great.  It's like there's someone out there worse than me, but at the very thing they're meant to be good at.

Has to be Tiote (Bad ass crazy headed guy who can stop anything), Krul (Talented young keeper who deserves the 1st team chance), Shola (As someone said earlier kind of in a cult kind of way, also shows some quality at times), Colo (Come on leap and bounds since his first season and the only good player yesterday) and finally Enrique (Works hard all the time, has quality and seems to genuinely love the club). Im sure Ben Arfa would have joined the list too. As for guys I can't stand it has to be Carroll and Perch. Carroll just seems a bit of a dick and Perch is just bloody clueless.

Yeah, because you all know the guy personally.

He's made it as a professional footballer playing for a Premier League team, he's doing something right.

He hasn't and he isn't really.

Well, he's on a professional contract, so he has.

I don't know the kid so I'm not going to make a judgement on him as a person or criticise his attitude. Where are people making this assumption from anyway, his ramblings on Myspace when he was 17?

I haven't heard anything negative about him in the 2 years he's been a Newcastle player.

Guest firetotheworks

He's made it as a professional footballer playing for a Premier League team, he's doing something right.

I've seen him out, he's a fucking prick. And no he hasn't.

I've seen him out, he's a f***ing prick. And no he hasn't.

Fair enough, you've seen him out once or twice before and made the assumption he's a prick. Understandable why you wouldn't class him as 'likeable'.

Still don't see anything wrong with his attitude in terms of being a Newcastle player, though. Which seems to be brought up time ant time again on here.

Guest firetotheworks

I've seen him out, he's a f***ing prick. And no he hasn't.

Fair enough, you've seen him out once or twice before and made the assumption he's a prick.

Still don't see anything wrong with his attitude in terms of being a Newcastle player, though.

It's the likeable players thread. Nothing to do with his attitude playing for Newcastle, and I never mentioned that. I'm only making judgement on his personality.

Can't say really dislike anyone in the squad,  Shola's laziness annoys me but I don't not like him.  Don't see how some fans can only like a handful of players in squad.

Perch?  Jesus Christ, how can you hate him.  So far he hasn't been good enough but he seems like a hard worker and fairly normal (personality-wise).  Think everyone is too harsh on Carroll as well.  I can't fault his attitude on the pitch, yesterday he chased back about 40 yards on a fair few occasions when he lost the ball.  Can't say I've ever seen Shola do that.  I know from a tactical standpoint it's not that great sometimes but it shows he cares.  I think he's even played with the flu twice and with injuries a few times.

He has off the field troubles but he seems to have sorted himself out off the pitch now.

I agree about Perch.

I think he's nowhere near a Premier League player, but he's honest and a hardworker so I cannot find a logical reason to dislike him as a person. The only blame that should be placed with regards to him is the scouting staff and manager who assessed him to be good enough.