West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Barton on the right, f*** off. What's wrong with keeping the 4-5-1 that's served us well away from home this year?

Yep. Wonder what Hughton suddenly has against Routledge.

I know he didn't look up to it recently, but he's still our best option on the right.

Routledge has done nothing to be proud of this season. If we were to play two wingers, I'd consider giving Ferguson or Vuckic a go.

Vuckic isn't exactly a winger

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Perch is also there to cover CB, i'd imagine.

Pretty much. If Colo/Williamson go off injured, Perch can fill in CB. (Like he did in pre season against Deportivo)

Not too sure about this lineup...

I'm happy shola starts with Carroll- 2 big men up front is dangerous and that is our best chance of getting goals. Nolan in CM scares me and Barton's no right winger (Although he's better there than Guthrie)

I'm happy shola starts with Carroll- 2 big men up front is dangerous and that is our best chance of getting goals. Nolan in CM scares me and Barton's no right winger (Although he's better there than Guthrie)

Not convinced it'll be any different tbh.

Not convinced it'll be any different tbh.

purely on the fact when Guthrie is intent on coming straight into the middle and disregarding his duties out wide- Barton may just stick further wide than Guthrie will. He won't do much I imagine, but it's a bit of an improvement on Guthrie.