Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

So lets have a look at the goals in this game of 'hoof ball' shall we?

Goal 1 - Corner, knock down header, low overhead kick into the net.

Goal 2 - Quick one-two between Jose and Jonas looking for a gap, comes back to Jonas, who plays a low diagonal ball through to Nolan, who taps it straight back to Jonas.  Jonas takes a shot, which gets deflected to Carroll, who flicks it to Nolan six yards out to tap home.

Goal 3 - Quick tap-tap-tap between Shola and  Jonas opens up their defence on the left, Jonas makes a piercing run into the side of the penalty box surrounded by three red and whites and a beaten mackem defender brings him down.

Goal 4 - Series of short passes across the middle, Simpson crosses early from the right.  Carroll heads onto the bar, Shola scissor-kicks it in the net 'with some style'

Goal 5 - Free kick after we once again unlock their defence with short passing on the ground and quick movement off the ball, leading to a desperate challenge.  Deflected for a corner, knock down, headed in.  Chicken dance.

Goal 6 - HOOOOOOOFFFF to Bent, who passes it wide to Henderson who takes a potshot at goal, blocked for a corner.  Corner comes in, Gyan (?) heads it to Bent, who slots it home.

Goal 2 - Quick one-two between Jose and Jonas looking for a gap, comes back to Jonas, who plays a low diagonal ball through to Nolan, who taps it straight back to Jonas.  Jonas takes a shot, which gets deflected to Carroll, who flicks it to Nolan six yards out to tap home.

Goal 3 - Quick tap-tap-tap between Shola and  Jonas opens up their defence on the left, Jonas makes a piercing run into the side of the penalty box surrounded by three red and whites and a beaten mackem defender brings him down.

Goal 4 - Series of short passes across the middle, Simpson crosses early from the right.  Carroll heads onto the bar, Shola scissor-kicks it in the net 'with some style'

Goal 5 - Free kick after we once again unlock their defence with short passing on the ground and quick movement off the ball, leading to a desperate challenge.  Deflected for a corner, knock down, headed in.  Chicken dance.

Goal 6 - HOOOOOOOFFFF to Bent, who passes it wide to Henderson who takes a potshot at goal, blocked for a corner.  Corner comes in, Gyan (?) heads it to Bent, who slots it home.

Great post :lol:

Guest The_Scoreboard

Did  i drunkenly dream it or was there a youtube vid of the mackems getting off the bus on here somewhere, fooked if i can find it. think it was from our dutch mags across the water :coolsmiley:

Did  i drunkenly dream it or was there a youtube vid of the mackems getting off the bus on here somewhere, fooked if i can find it. think it was from our dutch mags across the water :coolsmiley:

Walking into the ground being treated like they were paedophiles on their way into court probably didn't do much for their pre-match mindset :lol:

Watched it in a pub in Vegas at 6.30am and it was fucking unreal. Obviously I would've loved to have been there, but there was a mackem bloke in the pub giving it large before the game and singing Niall Quinn songs etc. He was crying at half time. :lol: What a great way to start the day.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Did i drunkenly dream it or was there a youtube vid of the mackems getting off the bus on here somewhere, fooked if i can find it. think it was from our dutch mags across the water :coolsmiley:

Walking into the ground being treated like they were paedophiles on their way into court probably didn't do much for their pre-match mindset :lol:

Thats the badger, cheers Bluestar and aye dont think it improved their mentality for the game  and we shud do this for every team that comes to SJP.

Guest johnson293

Was listening to Total Sport last night on my way home from work, and while Gabbiadini was quite accepting that they played rubbish and we played well, he kept referring to a few incidents.

Firstly, the Colocini 'elbow' on 'Elmo' that wasn't punished. I remeber seeing this on the match at the time, but it wasn't a particularly blatant or bad one, that I can remember.

Secondly, he talked about Ameobi's 'block' on Turner just before Nolans 2nd - again, Turner was making no effort to get to Nolan (which Marco said he was), so ameobi or not, the ball would have gotten to Nolan anyway. It was just crap marking by them.

But the last one is the one I cant remember - he was claiming that Colocini blocked one of their defenders as the cross came over for the 5th - can't watch the highlights again yet (at work), but is this right, or is it just a sad mackem clutching at straws again??

Watched it in a pub in Vegas at 6.30am and it was fucking unreal. Obviously I would've loved to have been there, but there was a mackem bloke in the pub giving it large before the game and singing Niall Quinn songs etc. He was crying at half time. :lol: What a great way to start the day.

That's a great story! Watching it in a pub in Vegas is nearly as good as being there.

Guest palnese

:lol:

How was Vegas? Decent enough? :frantic:

Was listening to Total Sport last night on my way home from work, and while Gabbiadini was quite accepting that they played rubbish and we played well, he kept referring to a few incidents.

Firstly, the Colocini 'elbow' on 'Elmo' that wasn't punished. I remeber seeing this on the match at the time, but it wasn't a particularly blatant or bad one, that I can remember.

Secondly, he talked about Ameobi's 'block' on Turner just before Nolans 2nd - again, Turner was making no effort to get to Nolan (which Marco said he was), so ameobi or not, the ball would have gotten to Nolan anyway. It was just crap marking by them.

But the last one is the one I cant remember - he was claiming that Colocini blocked one of their defenders as the cross came over for the 5th - can't watch the highlights again yet (at work), but is this right, or is it just a sad mackem clutching at straws again??

:lol:  Richardson is goal-side of Colo, hands on him.  Cross comes in, Colo goes before Barton takes it, checks back.  When the ball comes in he decides not to go, Richardson doesn't bother to leave him and is left standing, still with his hands on him.

:lol:

How was Vegas? Decent enough? :frantic:

It was absolutely outstanding. :thup: Thoroughly enjoyed it. The week flew over though unfortunately.

I was hoping to add a picture of said mackem but my phone and computer aren't communicating properly. :frantic: