Carroll and Shola two man wrecking crew

TRon

I know a lot of us have been mentioning it would be worth trying to two together for a little while, but I don't think anyone could've foreseen just how well it's worked. Let's hope it's not a purple patch and they are just a good team :D

Shola's looked pretty decent of late. Seems very assured in his first touch, not afraid to have a go at the opposition, and has been linking up well with the team. Dare I say it, his performances have been the most "complete" I've seen from him.

He can also take a fucking penalty! Don't think I've ever seen him miss.

I didn't think Ameobi and Carroll would work tbh, but credit to the team, they seem to know it's a massive strength of ours to stick balls in towards them, and quality ones at that. I don't think we're particularly a long ball side either, we can work the ball quite patiently from the back, and we have players capable of picking out passes.

Doesn't everything look just that little bit better when we give a team a hiding!! (Especially when it's Sunderland!)

It's a bit like Viduka - Martins - Owen in 2008.  :smitten:

Said the same last night. Defenders are occupied with Shola and Carrolls physical presence and Nolan can exploit the gaps.

The whole system worked excellent yesturday. Bar Krul was arguably our strongest team. However I'm not sure if we could play the same system away from home against the big boys. We'll see next weekend I guess!

Didn't think they'd work well together based on last season but these past two games they have been a real threat. Credit to this is partially with Barton who has put some excellent balls into the box.

Barton's deliveries are on of the main reasons why. Quality crosses are rare these days. Thanks to Joey (and rarely to Jonas) we are in the position to score at anytime.