Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

The suggestiong that Hughton plays football anything like Allardyce is total bollocks BTW.

looked similar V blackburn and fulham.

In that we were poor, maybe, but his preferred style and philosophy is clearly to pass it around. The problem is getting the players to do it.

I've never seen Hughton line up with 6 defenders.

The suggestiong that Hughton plays football anything like Allardyce is total bollocks BTW.

looked similar V blackburn and fulham.

In that we were poor, maybe, but his preferred style and philosophy is clearly to pass it around. The problem is getting the players to do it.

I've never seen Hughton line up with 6 defenders.

i mean V blackburn we were more long ball than them and even more so V fulham. pass it round the middle, no movement, go nowhere, get it wide, 40yds out and lump it to the penalty spot.

It wasn't our tactic against West Ham, Sunderland or Arsenal.  So not sure if we can now be labelled as a team that uses the same tactics as Allardyce??

it seemed as if we thought because the goals V west ham and arsenal came that way we'll do it all the time. hope the results of the last two games have put paid to it.

Allardyce took over a team who had finished 13th and spent millions, you'd expect a bit more from that.

Hughton has came up from the Championship with barely any money to spend and is doing his best with what we've got.  We haven't even played long ball all season, and have played good football at times.

Allardyce doesn't know how to get a team to play good football with any players, Hughton has shown with limited resources that he can get the team to play still.

Madras how were the goals against West Ham from long ball football?  Both were crosses into the box after we'd worked the ball up the field.  Both were decent goals.

Allardyce took over a team who had finished 13th and spent millions, you'd expect a bit more from that.

Hughton has came up from the Championship with barely any money to spend and is doing his best with what we've got.  We haven't even played long ball all season, and have played good football at times.

Allardyce doesn't know how to get a team to play good football with any players, Hughton has shown with limited resources that he can get the team to play still.

Madras how were the goals against West Ham from long ball football?  Both were crosses into the box after we'd worked the ball up the field.  Both were decent goals.

what i meant was because they were crosses into the box we are now doing it all the time from even deeper. a sort of "it's ok, andy'll get it" type attitude. it is quite blackburn/stoke-esque as lets be honest, i don't remember blackburn just lumping it forward from the back but they did p;lay maore percentage stuff than most teams and we've been guity of that of late.