Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

It's bizarre really that it's nearly mid November, we're incredibly 5th in the league yet I (and I imagine a few others) still feel a little bit disappointed, given the bad defeats we've suffered at home.

10/11 has already served up some massive highs, infuriating lows and we're only a third of the way into the season. Mad.

5th is one way to look at it, 6 points from the bottom 3 is another.

Howay man, 5th is 5th. We've done a lot better than most people expected.

we have all the difficuilt games still to come at home. i didn't expect to be 5th at this point but i did think we'd have about this amount of points.

if nowt else i'll look back fondly on this match as the first one when one of the girls really got into it, shouted her head off and watched it all, even swore ("that was crap"), she still got a fright at the noise when we scored but she's getting there.

A win yesterday would've changed everything. We'd be creating a gap, as it is, one more loss can send us crashing back down into obscurity. And it's worrying.

looking at our remaining home games, where we are supposed to pick up most of our points and i'm a tad nervous.

edit....bloody hell wormy, who'd have ever thought we'd end up talking about football ?

That is the majority of what we classed as our 'winnable' home games out of the window, and I'm starting to feel my 'never take 17th' stance is going to come back and bite me right in the ass.

We're 5th in the league FFS.

We are - they say you should never look back but home games against Wigan, Stoke, B'burn and B'pool have been and gone and we got 1 point out of them. Those are bread and butter fixtures. Most sides pull off some unexpected wins or draws during a season and we certainly have done that so far. The concern is whether we can continue to pull off those sort of results or will we find ourselves near the end of the season looking at the significance of the 11 points we've dropped in home matches to date.

I've thought all along that we'd stay up and still do. On balance the points we have are about par for the fixtures we've had although the way we've got them certainly couldn't have been predicted. 

we're 5th on 17 points 5 points above the bottom 3

it's a crazily tight table mainly due to results the likes of which we've been suffering at home but gaining away

could all go very right or wrong for us imo, or neither of course and we float to mid table security

far too early to be singing from the rooftops though

I'm not worried. Remain confident we'll beat the likes of Everton and Spurs like we always do, same way we always struggle against Blackburn and Wigan. It might be frustrating but these results are nothing new.

if nowt else i'll look back fondly on this match as the first one when one of the girls really got into it, shouted her head off and watched it all, even swore ("that was crap"), she still got a fright at the noise when we scored but she's getting there.

Never forget the first time at the match I yelled out "that was fucking crap" or something then looked at my dad, expecting a massive bollocking, and he just grinned and said "don't tell your mam.."

One thing that did bug me on Wednesday, (other than our ineffectiveness up top) that seemed to go unnoticed by most was that the ref gave Blackburn the softest freekick in to world when Jonas of all players shoulder barged (fairly?.. i thought) a blackburn player and that led indirectly to their goal. Then at the other end Roberts clatters into Williamson knocking the wind out of him by elbowing him in the process and that isn't given. Blackburn really did ride their luck at times in a game of few chances. 

That said we should have created more. But Sam stiffled and killed the game as he does so well. I'm so glad he's not our manager. As effective as it is i can't stand watching football like that. Mark Hughes will come and play a 442 hopefully and try and play football. We should win this one hopefully.

I hope we don't revert to 4411/451 as it puts us on the backfoot and teams like Blackpool captalised on.

We should be creative and stick to our 442 especially at home against Fulham who are also likely to go 442.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

One thing that did bug me on Wednesday, (other than our ineffectiveness up top) that seemed to go unnoticed by most was that the ref gave Blackburn the softest freekick in to world when Jonas of all players shoulder barged (fairly?.. i thought) a blackburn player and that led indirectly to their goal. Then at the other end Roberts clatters into Williamson knocking the wind out of him by elbowing him in the process and that isn't given. Blackburn really did ride their luck at times in a game of few chances. 

That said we should have created more. But Sam stiffled and killed the game as he does so well. I'm so glad he's not our manager. As effective as it is i can't stand watching football like that. Mark Hughes will come and play a 442 hopefully and try and play football. We should win this one hopefully.

I hope we don't revert to 4411/451 as it puts us on the backfoot and teams like Blackpool captalised on.

We should be creative and stick to our 442 especially at home against Fulham who are also likely to go 442.

I'm not sure we have the personnel to go 4-4-2.

I'd go 4-4-1-1 with Shola out.

That is the majority of what we classed as our 'winnable' home games out of the window, and I'm starting to feel my 'never take 17th' stance is going to come back and bite me right in the ass.

We're 5th in the league FFS.

And you've only yourself to blame if you let that decieve you. Away form won't keep us up.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We definitely don't have the personnel to go 4-4-1-1.

I'm unsure as to how Ranger will cope in this league

I'd be alright going into Fulham with

Routledge Tiote Guthrie Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Nolan

Carroll

We'd lose.

Nolan

Carroll

Nolan's entire game now is based around popping up unawares and finding space in the box. How's he going to do that with a centre half assigned to mark him and him alone?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nolan

Carroll

Nolan's entire game now is based around popping up unawares and finding space in the box. How's he going to do that with a centre half assigned to mark him and him alone?

Like I've said, I don't think we have good options for a 2nd striker,

Two things that I noticed in this utterley shit performance.

1, The clammer to get shot of Allardyce and his pathetic brand of long ball football.

2, The clammer to get Hughton a new contract for reeping rewards with his pathetic brand of long ball football.

I text my mate at HT to say we'd only win this game if we took Carroll off and actually started to play football as it was designed to be played - on the grass. I'm afraid that the "Carroll Effect" will design our shit pattern of play from now on. Not Carrolls fault but a poor team with limited ability will mean route 1 becomes the norm.

(sorry for adding this late but I've been offline the last fortnight.)