Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

We have some problems to resolve, but the good thing is that they should now be obvious to Hughton. Breaking down defensive teams at home is what he needs to dedicate his brain to for a bit... hopefully he'll come up with a decent answer.

if teams are going to park the bus at sjp- i think Carroll needs to learn shearers trick of winning lots free kicks on the edge of the box. if we cant play through them- we will do it on set peices.

We have some problems to resolve, but the good thing is that they should now be obvious to Hughton. Breaking down defensive teams at home is what he needs to dedicate his brain to for a bit... hopefully he'll come up with a decent answer.

if teams are going to park the bus at sjp- i think Carroll needs to learn shearers trick of winning lots free kicks on the edge of the box. if we cant play through them- we will do it on set peices.

Aye, spot on.

:thup:

:thup:

As above!

We need to learn to be a bit more cynical and go to ground more often, I lost count how many time a "big strong team - Blackburn" got nudged off the ball and went to ground easily and won free kicks.

its good alternative if teams are defending the edge of thier box. weve got some canny free kick takers in the side. plus I feel we offer more of a threat on all set pieces- free kicks/ corners these days.

This match reminded me what I enjoyed in the Championship, less quality but more honest endeavour which makes the game a better spectacle.

Fat Sam is known for his thorough approach to the game and he must have a couple of the best "cheating" coaches on his staff, because they were at it from start to finish. I'd far rather watch Doncaster or Scunthorpe than his anti-football team.

That said we didn't deseve anything from the game, we were clueless against their game plan and Robinson will not have many easier games.

Hughton has talked about our home problems, time to stop talking Chris and really address them.

Losing one game we are expected to win would be a blip, no win in 4 of the games we were expected to win would indicate a real problem. There was definitely an Arsenal hangover last night but we're going to have to think very carefully about our team formation and psychological approach to home games against limited opposition who crowd the midfield. It was our downfall 2 seasons ago and is proving to be so once again.

Spot on - we were lethargic from the off and looked like conceding everytime the ball went in the box - we always start slowly but last night we paid a heavy price - agree totally on your view of fatties team - horrible, dirty twats - but expect the same from fulham

Guest GallowgateKev

Just a quck note on the part time cunts who didnt bother turning up from the Sunderland game. dont fucking bother coming back again you utter twats... tis all!

Just a quck note on the part time cunts who didnt bother turning up from the Sunderland game. dont fucking bother coming back again you utter twats... tis all!

With part time cunts - win 5-1

Without part time cunts - lose 1-2

Just a quck note on the part time c***s who didnt bother turning up from the Sunderland game. dont f***ing bother coming back again you utter twats... tis all!

As one of these utter twats you so eloquently describe I would propose to you that some can't afford to go to all games and therefore choose their games selectively  :angel:

Guest GallowgateKev

So manage ya money better....

Dan, Maybe fans should start fucking coming and supporting the team not just for the big games and all of them and then we wouldnt be so shit at home?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Dan, Maybe fans should start f***ing coming and supporting the team not just for the big games and all of them and then we wouldnt be so s*** at home?

:lol:

We lost this game because of two very bad errors that we were punished for. This is the type of game that the lads need to walk away from having learned a lesson and move on. As I said before, it's a long season and we're bound to get poor results. We're in 5th place now, but we're not a Top 5 team. Hopefully we recover and get back to earning points on Saturday.

Just a quck note on the part time c***s who didnt bother turning up from the Sunderland game. dont f***ing bother coming back again you utter twats... tis all!

what if work commitments get in the way?

Manage ya fuckin job better ye....

In this league these sort of games will happen, if we maintain somewhat something as remotely good as this form we're in, we'll stay up comfortably.

I was at the game, been to every home game so far this season. Way better than sitting at home.

Dan, Maybe fans should start f***ing coming and supporting the team not just for the big games and all of them and then we wouldnt be so s*** at home?

Post of the year. How can you improve  on that......

Anyone who puts up the "My problem is I can't always get a baby sitter" - just read that and f*ck off.  :lol:

It's bizarre really that it's nearly mid November, we're incredibly 5th in the league yet I (and I imagine a few others) still feel a little bit disappointed, given the bad defeats we've suffered at home.

10/11 has already served up some massive highs, infuriating lows and we're only a third of the way into the season. Mad.