West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Guest Heneage

Krul 6- Had no chance with goals made a few good stops.

Simpson 6- Didn't get raped by Thomas again.

Taylor 4- 60k? Aye right.

Sol 5- He's still up to this level imo.

Enrique 6- Had odd daft moment but was rarely beaten.

Routledge 3-  Anonymous can't use his pace, refuses to try tricks to beat his man. Frustrating to watch and at the minute is a 'from the bench player'.

Tiote 6- Did his thing but just like last week he had no options.

Guthrie 3- Gutless, poor, and another nail in his already sealed coffin. He's fast running out of chances to suggest he should be anywhere other than the transfer list. Barton has to come back.

Jonas 5- Did ok looked dis-interested and bottled tackle for the first.

Ameobi3- Back to the lazy poor performances we've all come to know.

Carroll 4- Struggle to stomp his authority on it.

Lovenkrands 5- Scored but fluffed a sitter.

Ranger 4- Put himself about

Smith 3- You get a 3 for getting booked inside 2 minutes, you're a fucking joke an absolute fucking joke, you aren't 'tough' just dirty.

Utterly disgraceful performance. I feel embarrassed by that. I am really, really angry because of this....such a pathetic performance. We weren't interested from the first whistle- it was a performance that reminded me of our relegation season. So lethargic.

Can't see us getting anything from the Liverpool game next week unless we have both Nolan and Barton back.

btw was that carroll's worst performance of the season? bit of a cop out to say he didnt get any service because even when he had the ball he was shite and, as someone during the match pointed out, was acting like he was steven gerrard trying to hog all the glory with brainless, selfish play.

btw was that carroll's worst performance of the season? bit of a cop out to say he didnt get any service because even when he had the ball he was shite and, as someone during the match pointed out, was acting like he was steven gerrard trying to hog all the glory with brainless, selfish play.

Spot on. Fantastic player still, but rather poor today.

Yep, very poor by his recent standards. Decision-making was terrible.

Terrible day overall.  The worst thing was that there seemed to be no passion.  Regardless of the players at his disposal Hughton should've had them up for it. 

I thought Taylor did alright, I know he's public enemy no. 1 but I thought he did better than Sol.  Simpson, Tiote and Jose were all average as well but the rest were woeful.  Hopefully Nolan and Barton will be back soon. 

Shit day though

btw was that carroll's worst performance of the season? bit of a cop out to say he didnt get any service because even when he had the ball he was s**** and, as someone during the match pointed out, was acting like he was steven gerrard trying to hog all the glory with brainless, selfish play.

Agreed.

btw was that carroll's worst performance of the season? bit of a cop out to say he didnt get any service because even when he had the ball he was s**** and, as someone during the match pointed out, was acting like he was steven gerrard trying to hog all the glory with brainless, selfish play.

Was very guilty of trying too hard today. However, when he looked to his side and saw what that jackass was doing it's no surprise he felt he had to do it all himself.

He's playing alongside dogshite, getting dogshite service and looks like he's carrying a knock.

What we're people expecting?

I think WBA have proved themselves to be a decent team this year, credit where credit's due, Di Matteo has and is doing a superb job there. They look like staying up very comfortably.

At the same time, they're not a great team whatsoever. You made them look much better than they are, and I know how that feels.

You must have been gutted to see all those missed chances and then that elbow and the afters. I thought there would have been a retrospective ban.

He's playing alongside dogshite, getting dogshite service and looks like he's carrying a knock.

If you're getting dogshite service then it makes sense to not try and score absolute goal of the season-contender screamers when the ball does eventually come your way. Wasn't just that though, some of his passes etc were bab when they were easy.

Guest marky555

Routledge 3-  Anonymous can't use his pace, refuses to try tricks to beat his man. Frustrating to watch and at the minute is a 'from the bench player'.

Guthrie 3- Gutless, poor, and another nail in his already sealed coffin. He's fast running out of chances to suggest he should be anywhere other than the transfer list. Barton has to come back.

Smith 3- You get a 3 for getting booked inside 2 minutes, you're a f***ing joke an absolute f***ing joke, you aren't 'tough' just dirty.

Enrique 4 - Misplaced passes,  got rinsed a few times. Got booked and a few needless shirt tugs resulting in a yellow card.

Sol - 3 - Looked past it. Enough said.

Tiote - 4 - Dwelled on the ball far too much. Great player but didnt show it today. Had no options to be fair.

I agree with the rest.

If you're getting dogshite service then it makes sense to not try and score absolute goal of the season-contender screamers when the ball does eventually come your way.

He's young, daft and showing his frustration - given the way he's performed this season, I won't hold his 'Row Z'er' against him.

Was very guilty of trying too hard today. However, when he looked to his side and saw what that jackass was doing it's no surprise he felt he had to do it all himself.

if he had "looked to his side" during the match he would've played in loven for a goal, but he didnt.  O0

nah, know what you're saying, he was easily frustrated today and chris should take him aside in training in the week and point it out. he's young and hopefully it'll go down as a lesson learned for the future. seeing how he has improved so much recently i'm sure he'll take it on board.

Guest Heneage

Smith 3- You get a 3 for getting booked inside 2 minutes, you're a f***ing joke an absolute f***ing joke, you aren't 'tough' just dirty.

Enrique 4 - Misplaced passes,  got rinsed a few times. Got booked and a few needless shirt tugs resulting in a yellow card.

Sol - 3 - Looked past it. Enough said.

Tiote - 4 - Dwelled on the ball far too much. Great player but didnt show it today. Had no options to be fair.

I agree with the rest.

Sol past it?

The thing that annoyed me a lot was when Ranger scrapped for the ball, won a tackle in the opponents favour and held onto the ball, our midfield and other forwards seemed to think "ah go on Nile son" and didn't even show as an option for him.

We'd given up after the hour.

Well some of your predictions were a bit optomistic (0-6), thought Cambell looked an absolute liability, apart from Carrolls hand ball assist, he did nothing, I'm sure you will be okay though, funny old division this Premiership. :celb:

How much did you pay for Tchoyi, Osaze, and Mulumbu? All very good signings at what I would surmise were very good prices.

Odemwingie was about £2 million, Mulumbu and Tchoyi less than a million, we were after Tiote who looks decent, but I think Mulumbu is better.

Well some of your predictions were a bit optomistic (0-6), thought Cambell looked an absolute liability, apart from Carrolls hand ball assist, he did nothing, I'm sure you will be okay though, funny old division this Premiership. :celb:

How much did you pay for Tchoyi, Osaze, and Mulumbu? All very good signings at what I would surmise were very good prices.

Odemwingie was about £2 million, Mulumbu and Tchoyi less than a million, we were after Tiote who looks decent, but I think Mulumbu is better.

odenwingie was a steal. always liked watching him for nigeria.

odenwingie was a steal. always liked watching him for nigeria.

CM4 legend.