West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Krul 6- Had no chance with goals made a few good stops.

Simpson 6- Didn't get raped by Thomas again.

Taylor 4- 60k? Aye right.

Sol 5- He's still up to this level imo.

Enrique 6- Had odd daft moment but was rarely beaten.

Routledge 3-  Anonymous can't use his pace, refuses to try tricks to beat his man. Frustrating to watch and at the minute is a 'from the bench player'.

Tiote 6- Did his thing but just like last week he had no options.

Guthrie 3- Gutless, poor, and another nail in his already sealed coffin. He's fast running out of chances to suggest he should be anywhere other than the transfer list. Barton has to come back.

Jonas 5- Did ok looked dis-interested and bottled tackle for the first.

Ameobi3- Back to the lazy poor performances we've all come to know.

Carroll 4- Struggle to stomp his authority on it.

Lovenkrands 5- Scored but fluffed a sitter.

Ranger 4- Put himself about

Smith 3- You get a 3 for getting booked inside 2 minutes, you're a f***ing joke an absolute f***ing joke, you aren't 'tough' just dirty.

Enrique 4 - Misplaced passes,  got rinsed a few times. Got booked and a few needless shirt tugs resulting in a yellow card.

Sol - 3 - Looked past it. Enough said.

Tiote - 4 - Dwelled on the ball far too much. Great player but didnt show it today. Had no options to be fair.

I agree with the rest.

Sol past it?

Within the first few minutes I thought Cambell looked well past it and we were in with a very good chance, the last goal said it all, I would be surprised if he gets a 501st game in the Premiership.

Well some of your predictions were a bit optomistic (0-6), thought Cambell looked an absolute liability, apart from Carrolls hand ball assist, he did nothing, I'm sure you will be okay though, funny old division this Premiership. :celb:

How much did you pay for Tchoyi, Osaze, and Mulumbu? All very good signings at what I would surmise were very good prices.

Odemwingie was about £2 million, Mulumbu and Tchoyi less than a million, we were after Tiote who looks decent, but I think Mulumbu is better.

;D

Tchoyi will end up like that kid at Pompey (right winger).

Guest firetotheworks

Routledge 3-  Anonymous can't use his pace, refuses to try tricks to beat his man. Frustrating to watch and at the minute is a 'from the bench player'.

Guthrie 3- Gutless, poor, and another nail in his already sealed coffin. He's fast running out of chances to suggest he should be anywhere other than the transfer list. Barton has to come back.

Smith 3- You get a 3 for getting booked inside 2 minutes, you're a f***ing joke an absolute f***ing joke, you aren't 'tough' just dirty.

Enrique 4 - Misplaced passes,  got rinsed a few times. Got booked and a few needless shirt tugs resulting in a yellow card.

Tiote - 4 - Dwelled on the ball far too much. Great player but didnt show it today. Had no options to be fair.

I agree with the rest.

Sol past it?

Within the first few minutes I thought Cambell looked well past it and we were in with a very good chance, the last goal said it all, I would be surprised if he gets a 501st game in the Premiership.

He was dodgy as fuck like, but eh....prepare to be surprised. :lol:

Guest Heneage

Routledge 3- Anonymous can't use his pace, refuses to try tricks to beat his man. Frustrating to watch and at the minute is a 'from the bench player'.

Enrique 4 - Misplaced passes, got rinsed a few times. Got booked and a few needless shirt tugs resulting in a yellow card.

I agree with the rest.

Sol past it?

Aye righto, that's us with the pish attack? Don't get how you can compare Mulumbu and Tiote the former plays far more advanced.

Mulumbu has been our best player this season, scored some great games as well as the holding midfield role, I think you will find he is better!

I think you will find that is a load of shit.

Tiote > Anyone else, ever.

Mulumbu plays holding midfield same as Tiote, we looked at both and went for Mulumbu.

He must be better then if the world famous West Brom scouting team bought him.  Shame you couldn't use those expert scouts to find better players than ours last season eh?

Guest palnese

Mulumbu plays holding midfield same as Tiote, we looked at both and went for Mulumbu.

That makes him the better player? :lol:

Mulumbu is class though, as is Tiote.

He must be better then if the world famous West Brom scouting team bought him.  Shame you couldn't use those expert scouts to find better players than ours last season eh?

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

We'll see where they finish this season then?  Before this game West Brom hadn't won in 5 or so.  They aren't the fucking best team oustide the top 5 are they?

Don't see the point in other teams fans on here in the first place, I think its pathetic.

Guest Heneage

Errr you signed Mulumbu the year you went down then made a bid for Tiote this summer so that's not actually possible....

Tchoyi looks decent enough my only gripe with your players is the way you play the system, players like Jara throwing elbows at folk, yet Tchoyi plays like he's on ice.

To be honest you aren't going to "win" this one, we really rate Tiote, you really rate Mulumbu.

You can say it as much as you like but no-one on here will agree that he is better than Tiote :lol:

Doesn't mean either of us are right.

horrible performance....can´t really say anyone looked up for it...sad!

at least CH took action at half-time.....caroll & ameobi are NOT good together!

Guthrie was soooooooo bad!

ps. Im twice as good as sol with the ball...scary!

Krul 5- Thought he might have been able to do better with the last two goals, one or two nervous moments.

Simpson 5- Very little going forward, mediocre passing. Would have been screwed if he was up against Tchoyi all game but handled a very one dimensional Thomas ok

Campbell 4.5- Can't play 90 minutes, was very poor first 10 minutes and looked off the pace all game. Played defence splitting passes towards the end to put in Jonas which were our best passes all day.

Taylor 5- tbh i didn't think he did that much wrong. Had plenty of chances to sweep up after Odemwingie's first though. A little rusty but understandably.

Enrique 6- Dealt with a very tricky customer in tchoyi quite capably I thought. Passing was poor but that was down to a lack of options as much as him having a bad day.

Routledge 5.5 - got a few decent crosses in but never found himself in much space to do anything.

Guthrie 2.5 - Ratshit, hope the injury wasn't serious not that i want to see him back at all.

Tiote 6.5 - lost the ball once or twice but also stopped many attacking plays from WBA before they started. No Tiote today would have seen us get really fucked up.

Jonas 4.5 - Should have got a better shot off when he got through. I felt he went missing today and very soft in any challenges.

Ameobi 4 - Can win a header but that is about all he is good for in the premiership. (+Penalties). Shouldn't have started today and I hope he won't again next match.

Carroll 4.5 - first bad game of the season

Lovenkrands 5.5 Has the capability to get free from a marker which is why i've said he should start ahead of Ameobi the last few games and today. Fluffs chances but more importantly gets them.

Totally outplayed by quick players that with great speed, stamina, close control and passing

We'll see where they finish this season then? Before this game West Brom hadn't won in 5 or so. They aren't the fucking best team oustide the top 5 are they?

Don't see the point in other teams fans on here in the first place, I think its pathetic.

Not sure what point you were trying to make, yeah we finished top last year, but didn't beat WBA once, they even looked the better team when we played them. Had a very similar season to them until today. We haven't won in 5 now.

Errr you signed Mulumbu the year you went down then made a bid for Tiote this summer so that's not actually possible....

We had been after a holding midfield player since Mowbrays last season when we were looking at both, went for Mulumbu. I'm not slagging off Tiote, I would have been very happy had we signed him, but as I said Mulumbu looks a bit special and I expect him to go to a top six club within a few years. 

Tchoyi looks decent enough my only gripe with your players is the way you play the system, players like Jara throwing elbows at folk, yet Tchoyi plays like he's on ice.

Guest palnese

West Brom play like a piss poor Barcelona side.

They move the ball around with a lot of movement off the ball.

We have no offensive gameplan bar hoofing it up to Carroll.

We'll see where they finish this season then?  Before this game West Brom hadn't won in 5 or so.  They aren't the f***ing best team oustide the top 5 are they?

Not sure what point you were trying to make, yeah we finished top last year, but didn't beat WBA once, they even looked the better team when we played them. We haven't won in 5 now.

Who cares if we didn't beat them last year? We won the league.  Same this year, we don't have to beat them, I just want to finish ahead of them.

Hate their club, manager and their fans especially fucking Adrian Chiles.

Guest Heneage

If we were ever going to win this it was going to be out wide, Cech v Routledge should have seen us get the win everytime on the right but the fact neither looked up for it meant we just hoofed it aimlessly.