West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Those are way too generous. Carroll, Taylor, Jonas: 6? They were all s***.

can't agree with enrique getting a 7 either, poor performance and would be blamed for being slow to close down for the goal and quite a lot else if he wasn't such a crowde fave.

We're as near to the relegation zone as we are to 6th.

True but we're only heading in one direction and it isn't f***ing up. :thup:

At the moment. West Brom had won one in 5 before our game including defeats to Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan. Now they back up to 7th, people can't seem to be able to look beyond a few games though.

We're not West Brom

I'm showing you how to look beyond 2-3 games which you seem incapable of doing.

Care to dig up some of your own posts after the Stoke defeat? Or Blackpool defeat? I bet you were saying the same thing them.

We've had a bad run and came out of it, no reason why we can't do the same again, especially with Colo, Willamson, Barton and Nolan back.

I've been making noises for a fair couple of months now.

I am looking beyond 2-3 games - I've been harping on about poor home form and how the away form wouldn't continue, for weeks now - I was laughed at then, seems there are few laughing now.

When the away form goes to s***, you need those points against Stoke and Wigan and Blackburn etc. to keep you up. The gap between us and the relegation zone is reducing much quicker than we were climbing the table. It's worrying - how can you not be worried?

I'll be amazed if we get more than 2 points in our next three games. Then we'll really be in the shit.

Thought Carroll had a shocking game today, non-existent for most of the game.

Mainly due to the fact that there was almost no service from the midfield, he's a striker and you can't really expect him to take the ball from midfield and dribble their whole team and score, he still managed an assist which should've/could've been a goal.

That follow up in the second half after Lovenkrands had the ball taken away from his head by the keeper, is one of the worst follow ups that I've ever seen - had no idea what he was thinking.

True but we're only heading in one direction and it isn't f***ing up.  :thup:

At the moment.  West Brom had won one in 5 before our game including defeats to Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan.  Now they back up to 7th, people can't seem to be able to look beyond a few games though.

We're not West Brom

Care to dig up some of your own posts after the Stoke defeat?  Or Blackpool defeat?  I bet you were saying the same thing them.

We've had a bad run and came out of it, no reason why we can't do the same again, especially with Colo, Willamson, Barton and Nolan back.

I am looking beyond 2-3 games - I've been harping on about poor home form and how the away form wouldn't continue, for weeks now - I was laughed at then, seems there are few laughing now.

When the away form goes to s***, you need those points against Stoke and Wigan and Blackburn etc. to keep you up. The gap between us and the relegation zone is reducing much quicker than we were climbing the table. It's worrying - how can you not be worried?

I'll be amazed if we get more than 2 points in our next three games. Then we'll really be in the s***.

to be fair there was quite a few of the same opinion.

At the moment.  West Brom had won one in 5 before our game including defeats to Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan.  Now they back up to 7th, people can't seem to be able to look beyond a few games though.

We're not West Brom

Care to dig up some of your own posts after the Stoke defeat?  Or Blackpool defeat?  I bet you were saying the same thing them.

I'll be amazed if we get more than 2 points in our next three games. Then we'll really be in the s***.

to be fair there was quite a few of the same opinion.

Well yeah, but he was asking me what I was saying a couple of months ago.

The midfield 4 today were as poor as I can remember. Offered very little protection and gave no service whatsoever to Carroll. Even sacrificing Ameobi for another body in there wouldn't have made much difference. Gutierrez needs a rocket, Tiote needs someone to give it to once he wins it, Routledge was anonymous and Guthrie looks both shit and unfit. Awful stuff.

We're not West Brom

I'm not worried because things can change quickly up or down the table.  We have big players coming back who can change things.  I can't think many of our rivals who can say that.  The likes of West Ham and Wigan have their full strength teams playing almost don't they?

You've been making noises for a couple of months now?  And in that time we've beaten Arsenal, Sunderland, West Ham and drawn with Chelsea and Fulham.  That was after a terrible few games when everyone was saying we'd be certainties for relegation.

Without just saying 'we're not West Brom' what's your opinion on their recent form?  From terrible to good.

What are you going to say if we pick up more than 2 points in the next 3?

We're not West Brom

I'm not worried because things can change quickly up or down the table.  We have big players coming back who can change things.  I can't think many of our rivals who can say that.  The likes of West Ham and Wigan have their full strength teams playing almost don't they?

You've been making noises for a couple of months now?  And in that time we've beaten Arsenal, Sunderland, West Ham and drawn with Chelsea and Fulham.  That was after a terrible few games when everyone was saying we'd be certainties for relegation.

Without just saying 'we're not West Brom' what's your opinion on their recent form?  From terrible to good.

we lost at home to blackpool,blackburn, etc with our "big guns" playing.

We're not West Brom

And then beat Sunderland, Arsenal and West Ham with our 'big guns' playing.  They obviously don't guarantee points but it's better with them than without.

We're not West Brom

And then beat Sunderland, Arsenal and West Ham with our 'big guns' playing.  They obviously don't guarantee points but it's better with them than without.

obviously it's betterwith them , but at the minute i think we are more likely to turn in the blacpoolesque performances than the arsenal type.

We had those 'big players' against Blackburn, against Stoke, against Wigan, against Blackpool - they weren't much help there were they?

You've been making noises for a couple of months now?  And in that time we've beaten Arsenal, Sunderland, West Ham and drawn with Chelsea and Fulham.

And we lost to Blackburn, Bolton, West Brom and nearly lost against Wigan. We can't rely on getting points at Stamford Bridge and Anfield to keep us up.

I'll be delighted, absolutely delighted. Doesn't mean I think it will happen.

To be honest I think we've already had our quota of "wow" results for the season. Add to that our inability to pick up points v relegation rivals and it's a bit of a worry.

To be honest I think we've already had our quota of "wow" results for the season. Add to that our inability to pick up points v relegation rivals and it's a bit of a worry.

Exactly. The 'wow' results against Sunderland, Villa and Arsenal were just that - one offs - we played out of skin (well in the first two anyway) and we can't reproduce that every week. It's a bit worrying that we only seem to raise our game in the really really big games, as they come along quite rarely.

We had those 'big players' against Blackburn, against Stoke, against Wigan, against Blackpool - they weren't much help there were they?

You've been making noises for a couple of months now?  And in that time we've beaten Arsenal, Sunderland, West Ham and drawn with Chelsea and Fulham.

And we lost to Blackburn, Bolton, West Brom and nearly lost against Wigan. We can't rely on getting points at Stamford Bridge and Anfield to keep us up.

As I said to madras, it's better to have the better players in the team.  Of course, they won't guarantee wins but we'll win more with them than without them.

Yes, we lost to Blackburn Bolton (who aren't exactly doing badly) and West Brom and as I've said we've beaten teams in the same period.

A topsy turvy season as a newly promoted team who'd have fucking thought it.

Hughton has been badly let down by the players in recent weeks, in terms of performances and discipline. Time to earn his money now and sort the feckers out. That said, he has to stop making the same tactical mistakes as well, or come January - the pressure will be on Ashley to replace him. And who will that mean? JFK. :thdn:

As I said to madras, it's better to have the better players in the team.  Of course, they won't guarantee wins but we'll win more with them than without them.

Yes, we lost to Blackburn Bolton (who aren't exactly doing badly) and West Brom and as I've said we've beaten teams in the same period.

A topsy turvy season as a newly promoted team who'd have f***ing thought it.

so do you think given quite a few of the results we had with our big guns we have reason for being a tad worried ?

I'm repeating myself over and over here but Hughton desperately needs an assistant to bounce ideas off as well as chuck some of his own in, give the players a different voice to listen to and so on. When things are going well it must be easy for one person to just keep saying 'do what you did before' but clearly that's not the case any more.

The club need to make their mind up on Hughton because this needs sorting the fuck out ASAP if you ask me.

I'm repeating myself over and over here but Hughton desperately needs an assistant to bounce ideas off as well as chuck some of his own in, give the players a different voice to listen to and so on. When things are going well it must be easy for one person to just keep saying 'do what you did before' but clearly that's not the case any more.

The club need to make their mind up on Hughton because this needs sorting the f*** out ASAP if you ask me.

We do ask you. We all value your insight greatly.