West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

I'm repeating myself over and over here but Hughton desperately needs an assistant to bounce ideas off as well as chuck some of his own in, give the players a different voice to listen to and so on. When things are going well it must be easy for one person to just keep saying 'do what you did before' but clearly that's not the case any more.

The club need to make their mind up on Hughton because this needs sorting the f*** out ASAP if you ask me.

I'm gonna make a predication - Ashley has a buyer lined up next summer, but that deal will be dependent on staying up. Any new owner may well want to bring in their own man, hence Hughton not being given a new deal and who would be willing to work as a no.2 for a manager who is in limbo? Of course, it's just personal speculation on my part but this is NUFC and Mike Ashley we are talking about.

I don't get this idea that we can't get an assistant in until the end of the season alongside Hughton. We managed to get Dowie in with Shearer for a couple of months ffs. I'm sure someone, somewhere, will be willing to pop to Newcastle for the next 6 months to lend a helping hand.

Krul: 5

Simpson: 4

Taylor: 3

Campbell: 3

Enrique: 4

Routledge: 3

Guthrie: 0

Tiote: 6

Jonas: 4

Ameobi: 1

Carroll: 4

Subs:

Lovenkrands: 5

Smith: meh

Ranger: 5

I agree with those ratings although Carroll barely scraped a 4. Probably give Taylor a 4 too.

Subs:

harsh on taylor, our only player to offer some movement and drive and done little wrong defensivly.

Subs:

harsh on taylor, our only player to offer some movement and drive and done little wrong defensivly.

And Campbell played some nice balls forward but as a defensive pairing they were utterly fucking woeful.

Another thing that pisses me off is when things are clearly becoming frustrating for the players and they begin to wrecklessly throw themselves into ludicrous tackles. I really dunno what it is with some fans who cheer and shout when this starts to happen as if it somehow vents their own frustration aswell. Just fucking pisses me off in all honesty.

Then when our own fans start yelling stuff like "take him out" or "fucking clatter him" etc. It's downright fucking backward and seems to be the only way players like Smith can earn brownie points with some of the knackers that follow our team. Cheering when the first thing that clogger did after coming on was crunch one of the West Brom players. Hopefully when 'Smudger' finally pisses off he can take his personal fan club of mongs with him.

did i hear right at half time or full time when jamie redknapp (twat for being the  twattish pundit that he is, twat for being a redknapp and twat for getting his knob regularly slurped on by louise) was saying about the difference between us today and when we played arsenal, he seemed to make out (and i have to say i didn't hear ot clearly as i was rehearsing a school nativity type play) it was due to the way west brom played without a mention that we were down almost half a team that we fielded that day ?

How many yellows today, btw? Some really poor tackles, and by 'poor' I mean incredibly stupid.

5 for us, and 4 were unneeded.

Top of the yellow chart then now, right?

Think we already were.

Guest Ridzuan

How many yellows today, btw? Some really poor tackles, and by 'poor' I mean incredibly stupid.

5 for us, and 4 were unneeded.

Top of the yellow chart then now, right?

Close to the automatic 250,000 pound fine. I wonder how much of it will be paid by Tiote.

I thought some of the ratings on here were bad but the times have taken the piss. Jonas 6, Routledge 6, Guthrie 5, Tiote 4.

Enrique even got a seven !

He was terrible - at the moment he's doing as many bad things as good, and it's costing us.

I love the kid but he needs to stop believing the publicity and start knuckling down again.

im just shocked over the missing passion....especially in the first half!

guthrie wtf!

Our central midfield showed us the problem we had for a long time.....minus creativity! tiote and guthrie offers not much going forward!

Campell waving offside wtf....500 PL games experience :facepalm:

Woeful performance yesterday. Only players who even had remotely decent games were Taylor, Enrique, Simpson and Tiote. Everyone else was way below standard.

What particularly annoyed me was the lack of effort. Jonas's pathetic tackle for the first goal and the general lack of pressing when West Brom had the ball.

Guthrie was the worst player on the pitch. Fingers crossed he doesn't play again for a while.