*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Does he cover Liverpool matches normally?

They took him off Liverpool duties because he was far too partisan. They don't put him next to the person watching them either because he just watches next door's screen.

That's why I had to ask. Figured it'd be unbearable putting him on Liverpool matches. The few times I've watched I didn't recall him doing them, figured there had to be a reason. Don't generally watch Soccer Saturday anymore anyway.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpWlUTf0mU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpWlUTf0mU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• 4 months later...
Chris Hughton didn't under-achieve at Newcastle United

FIVE months after his controversial sacking by Newcastle United, Chris Hughton still questions if he could have performed better as manager. But the Londoner’s conclusion is that he exceeded expectations at St James’ Park.

After two underwhelming spells as caretaker manager, Hughton was again asked to take the reins after relegation from the Premier League in 2009.

The club was at a low ebb but Hughton revitalised it, moving on uncommitted players, galvanising the spirit among those who remained, and leading the Magpies to the Championship title at his first attempt. Back in the Premier League, Hughton’s Newcastle looked well placed to stay there after winning at Arsenal and recording thumping home victories over Sunderland and Aston Villa. But after a 5-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers, he was shown the door.

“There isn’t a day that goes past when you don’t think, ‘Could I have done anything better? What were the reasons?’ because I don’t know,” he said.

“I reached all the targets that were set and surpassed them. We had an incredible season in the Championship, there was a feel-good factor in the club and once you get to that stage it makes it even more difficult. The only good thing for me is I can look back and for football reasons I hadn’t under-achieved.

“In any walk of life if there’s someone who doesn’t like you or want you, there isn’t too much you can do about it. It’s a horrible thing to happen to anybody.”

Hughton, in the final year of his contract and without an assistant manager after Colin Calderwood left to manage Hibernian, admitted there had been indications of the fate awaiting him.

“On the day it was very much a shock,” he said. “Once I walked into the office I knew. In hindsight, I’d had some difficulties – I hadn’t got a new contract, I’d lost my assistant and hadn’t been able to replace him. There were signs.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/04/25/chris-hughton-didn-t-under-achieve-at-newcastle-united-61634-28577761/#ixzz1KWmZmOgj

"I’d lost my assistant and hadn’t been able to replace him." shocking, as that is to detriment of the team & club. The cunts should of just sacked him rather than trying to force him to quit with shit like this. I mean its not if they would of lost popularity points sacking him earlier in the season if they did not want CH to be gaffer.