*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Been on night shifts so haven't been able to post until now.

For me though the true measure of how well Hughton has done is the fans reaction to his sacking - almost complete anger, despair, disappointment! It ought to be worth remembering the reaction to the prospect of having Hughton in charge of team affairs once we got relegated in 2009, myself included felt we'd have no chance of coming straight back up with him in charge and may actually be in trouble of dropping further. I even remember writing on here that I would rather Joe "fucking" Kinnear be in charge than Hughton (actually feel a bit ashamed I thought that). Although I think a lot of us overestimated the ability of most championship teams, even when we were doing relatively well in the championship, as soon as a few things would go against us it was a case of "Hughton out", "lets get a proper manager". Its also worth remembering that Chris didn't have any particular ties to the club i.e. he's not an ex-player or Geordie, like an Alan Shearer who would automatically get support and be given more leeway if results were going against us.

However this man won us all over, despite very few of us believing in him in the beginning and taking over at one the lowest points in our recent history. For a lot of us apathy and resentment towards players and the club, in particular its owners was at an all time high, but Chris managed to bring the feel-good spirit back and with it a semblance of pride in the club, of an affection towards the squad of players. This itself is responsible for creating the environment which has brought the best out of many of our players (Enrique, Carroll, Colo, etc). Aside from the WBA game in most games the players have played with commitment, effort and desire and a clear team spirit whereby even when the result is no good, the intent is always there. For the first time in a long time I can actually say I felt a "connection" to a lot of the players, like they were wanting victories just as much as us the fans were, and just as happy as us when those victories came and just as disappointed when they didn't, rather than simply picking up their massive pay packets and living a lavish lifestyle whilst we paid for it.

At all times he has remained dignified and even dealt with off-field problems in the background. He has managed to do this despite working under what must be the worst board to work under in Britain, with little funds, on a relatively pitiful wage and being almost humiliated by not being rewarded with a long-term contract.

Of course had he been replaced with a top class manager then at least we could understand it and whilst still being disappointed he has gone could have seen some method to this madness but we all knew there was no chance of that happening.

For fucks sake man the owners should be forever in Chris’s debt for it is him that has managed to dissipate the anger and hatred felt against the board to the extent where there weren’t even any Ashley out chants and people were looking to how we could move forward with this current board in charge. However somehow, somehow, they’ve managed to recreate the same atmosphere of ill-feeling on and off the field that no doubt played a part in our last relegation from the premiership. Its worth looking at a snippet of the statement released by Ashley at the end of that season  “Seeing Newcastle United relegated from the Premier League has been a catastrophe for us all. I fully accept mistakes were made during this and previous seasons and I am very sorry for that.” -  Well you fat twat you’re fucking still amazingly making those mistakes now.

For me Chris is someone who I will now always look on with fondness, he is one that can hold his head high, at a time when there are few associated with our club who can.

Christopher William Gerard "Chris" Hughton you will be sorely missed.

:clap: :weep:

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Based on the fact when we were relegated last time we got rid of Ashley? I'm not wishing us to loose!

We got rid of Ashley before?

No, the Point is we didn't so I don't see getting relegated as a way of getting him out. Probably sarcasm doesn't come across in text.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Said that everyone in Newcastle supports Newcastle and outside of that no one does :lol:

He's never been to Columbia obviously :)

Look at LeTis going for the draw!!

Tiss using Southampton as an example of getting a manager out through non-attendance of fans and Nicholas tries to use them as a yo-yo club that weren't established in the PL. Tiss was talking about the mid-90s btw :lol:

The Phil Thompson 'I support Liverpool, don't you know!' show is so old now. Just plain irritating.

Tiss using Southampton as an example of getting a manager out through non-attendance of fans and Nicholas tries to use them as a yo-yo club that weren't established in the PL. Tiss was talking about the mid-90s btw :lol:

The Phil Thompson 'I support Liverpool, don't you know!' show is so old now. Just plain irritating.

If he is covering our match we usual win.