Alan Pardew

JH

Short memories on here like. Including pre-season, Demba Ba looked absolutely f***ing hopeless for about ten games, before and after Ramadan, thankfully the manager didn't show the same lack of patience with him as he seems to be here or we'd be really screwed.

Like he had a choice with Demba, man. :lol:

Demba Ba is by a mile the most proven goalscorer in the squad. And he'd demonstrated excellent suitability to English football.

I never said he wasn't, he's absolute quality.

So's Ben Arfa though and he won't show it if he's used fleetingly and only against the best three teams in the country.

He needs a run of games and he needs to feel Pardew believes in him. It looks to me like both counts are lacking and I really don't see the reasoning behind that. Maybe Pardew is so glued to his 442 he simply won't accomodate HBA on a regular basis. If this is the case one of the purest footballers we've ever had will leave. It seems peculiar he played in the three hardest games of the season and games like today against a workmanlike and basically average side where he would get more space and time HE DOESN'T EVEN COME OFF THE BENCH.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

FWIW, i don't think Pardew is that stubborn and will probably drop Obertan sooner or later if the performances keep up. He's done it before by dropping Williamson.

Wouldn't that see Lovenkrands replace him?  :anguish:

It's astounding the lack of patience shown to Ben Arfa considering that he's had only 5 games in the Premiership in his career and has just returned from a year-long injury. You would think that someone of his quality would be given a lot more chances to settle into a new league.

From Pardew or the fans?

FWIW, i don't think Pardew is that stubborn and will probably drop Obertan sooner or later if the performances keep up. He's done it before by dropping Williamson.

Wouldn't that see Lovenkrands replace him?  :anguish:

God knows, rather play Tiote there , at least he can cross a ball.

Obertan won't be dropped cause Pardew likes the fact he can run up the other end fast. What else can it be??

Ben Arfa's certainly got no track record. You just talk utter nonsense on a permanent basis these days.

You're the one manufacturing ammunition against Pardew. Comparing the patience afforded to Ba and Ben Arfa really is scraping the barrel, even for you.

Not sure if i missed the point you were making but i think Ben Arfa should be given alot of patience aswell due to his record in france, the fact,like Ba he is a pardew signing according to the man himself and he had 12 months out with a broken leg. He had 3 starts against 3 of the likely top 4 and showed glimpses of real ability but could not sustain it for a full game understandably.

This isn't directed at you as i know you have said you want to see him on the wing as well but when compared with the performances of Obertan it would take a stubborn person to argue he is more of an asset to the team than Hatem.

Have you not heard of Tevez and Mascherano?

It's astounding the lack of patience shown to Ben Arfa considering that he's had only 5 games in the Premiership in his career and has just returned from a year-long injury. You would think that someone of his quality would be given a lot more chances to settle into a new league.

I'm pretty ashamed of it to be honest. How anyone can claim that Sammy's a better option as it stands I honestly don't know, and I like Sammy. Ben Arfa was not entirely ineffective in the last three games. At City he laid a chance on a plate for Ba through clever play and hit the post himself, he won us a penalty at Old Trafford! I like Sammy but the contributions are nowhere near comparable.

Pardew needs to take a long hard look at himself over this not playing HBA on the wings thing because if the alternative is Obertan things aren't looking great.

Listen, for the record I'd probably start Ben Arfa 8 times out of 10, simply because Obertan is crap.

With Ba, he HAS to start regardless. There's nobody that can replace what he gives us or even come close.

Fair point.

One of three things has happened.

Pardew's decided Ben Arfa isn't a winger.

Ben Arfa's decided he's not a winger.

Neither of the above but Pardew thinks Obertan offers more to the team.

Whichever one it is it's worrying.

Nice and conscise.

Guest Benarfanufc10

One of three things has happened.

Pardew's decided Ben Arfa isn't a winger.

Ben Arfa's decided he's not a winger.

Neither of the above but Pardew thinks Obertan offers more to the team.

Whichever one it is it's worrying.

Ben Arfa's decided he's not a winger. It is a joke ben arfa wants play on the wing in french team and ben arfa hates stay on the bench;

The reality pardew is a coach afraid with the player genius

What the f*** is he saying here at 1.58? http://www.skysports.com/skysportsnews/video/0,,13987_7369500,00.html

"... maybe Davide Santon well have to be carefull with, that will be a bonus."

he said about coming through the game unscathed, then mentions maybe a slight problem for santon which we need to be careful with, then says it will be a bonus as in a bonus if we havn't picked up anymore serious injuries

Guest michaelfoster

Pardew's insistence on not playing youngsters and playing his 'guys' is becoming more and more frustrating.

Which youngsters would you have played?

Abeid > Smith.

An actual centre back (Kadar) > Perch.

Santon > Raylor (before this game obviously).

Same Kadar that was actually a full back when he joined but played centre half due to injurys/suspensions/lack of CB's?