Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Shaun

There aren't many keepers who can kick it long and accurate as far as I know. Vorm has the highest pass completion rate simply because he takes the short pass more often than other keepers, and that's obviously down to their style of play.

Frankly I'd rather he passed it out to Williamson than to kick it long - it worked pretty well when he did it in the Arsenal game.

Looking at the post I was a bit too critical on Krul himself. It is very much about the type of passing you play. However, the Stoke keepers who play a lot of long balls still manage to kick at over 52%.

The problem we've got (which the second bit of my post eluded to) is that Williamson and Simpson are actually very poor passers of the ball. Williamson on Monday was an anamoly (87% pass sucess). His season average is 76.1% and Simpson's is 76.3%. This stops us from playing a short passing game as teams are simply going to press harder on Simpson and Williamson to push for the mistake

Statistics.  :jones:

Guest andrew

We consistently bend over backwards to stop teams and "contain". We hear the quotes abou thaving to chase shadows and fill up the prozone kilometer chart, Pardew knows very very little about actual football. He likes to think of himself as a 'tactician' and tries to come across as some kind of Mourinho with his quotes about chess and poker and so on. Sorry for rambling a bit :laugh: Just starting to get on me nerves like.

How many mangers say their team should work hard or has to work hard to win? Around all of them?

But i would have thought playing well was more important.

Aye, but what I'm saying is it's facile to pick out that one quote and use it to slate Pardew. I bet if you went through the interviews with managers this season about 80% of them would say the same thing.

Guest BooBoo

Criticism is justified at the moment but still way out of proportion. The plus points have still hugely outweighed the negatives this season.

How many mangers say their team should work hard or has to work hard to win? Around all of them?

But i would have thought playing well was more important.

Aye, but what I'm saying is it's facile to pick out that one quote and use it to slate Pardew. I bet if you went through the interviews with managers this season about 80% of them would say the same thing.

I disagree, i dont think it is as important to most, assuming importance over all else. Bar Alex Mcleish that is.

“We’ve got Norwich at home, and it looks like a great opportunity.”

http://static.tumblr.com/rxzw6og/6Yylyrzph/you_dont_say.png

Pardew said: “We’ll have to work like we did on Monday night if we’re going to get it.

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/me-gusta-not-sure-if-gusta.jpg

Getting boring as f*** in interviews, and in stead of taking some self criticism, he just brushes it under the carpet. [/Not just these quotes lol]

Watch out Norwich!

Guest sicko2ndbest

May as well get behind him, Llambias was saying only last week that he is in it for the long haul

Guest Shaun

“I think our fans will be disappointed, and what we need is a pick-me-up now.

“We need to get a win – we’re well aware of that.

“No-one needs to tell us.

“We’ve got Norwich at home, and it looks like a great opportunity.”

But Pardew is acutely aware that nothing is a given in the Premier League.

Indeed, even a 2-0 cushion against relegation-haunted Wolverhampton Wanderers could not bag a victory two weeks ago, while the last home game against Sunderland turned into a dogfight.

Games against Swansea City and West Brom this season on Tyneside also only yielded a point, underlining the toughness of the top flight these days.

But even after defeat at Arsenal, Pardew is confident his side will eventually get their just rewards.

Pardew said: “We’ll have to work like we did on Monday night if we’re going to get it.

“We’ll be under a lot of pressure.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/14/alan-pardew-nufc-need-a-win-to-pick-us-up-now-72703-30528233/#ixzz1p6be691c

[/Quote]

Centre of his footballing world, the moron.

:jesuswept:

Guest Deadmau5

Seems like alot of people on here are a bit negative towards Pardew.

I don`t think the fotball has been any worse than it was under Hughton tbh.

Still, we are nearly on the same points as last season with 10 matches to go! Thats a wonderful point of departure!

We traded Nolan Barton and Carroll for Cabaye, Obertan and Demba Ba. Cabaye hasn`t been what we had hoped for,

Obertan has been rather underwhelming and Ba has been a straight upgrade on Carroll in the fotballing sense, but I cant help but think Carroll would have been better suited to our style of direct fotball.

I dont think any of our signings are players Pardew would have picked if he got the chance. He works with what he has got, but I genuinly thinks he would prefer

brawler types to continental ballpassers. Hence why he is deploying cabaye so deep, reluctancy to playing ben arfa and crossing it to Ba.

There seems to be a disparity between our transfer policy and our fotballing philosophy which is due to the fact that our manager has nothing to do with who we bring in, thats at the business side of things and for resale purposes.  But you cant really blame Pardew for that. He has his style and does what he does best, with what he believes to be the best players for each position.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt - but lets see how we finish before we sharpen our pitchforks. He is our manager for the next 4 years, so lets get behind him - we are all fans here  O0

Seems like alot of people on here are a bit negative towards Pardew.

I don`t think the fotball has been any worse than it was under Hughton tbh.

Still, we are nearly on the same points as last season with 10 matches to go! Thats a wonderful point of departure!

We traded Nolan Barton and Carroll for Cabaye, Obertan and Demba Ba. Cabaye hasn`t been what we had hoped for,

Obertan has been rather underwhelming and Ba has been a straight upgrade on Carroll in the fotballing sense, but I cant help but think Carroll would have been better suited to our style of direct fotball.

I dont think any of our signings are players Pardew would have picked if he got the chance. He works with what he has got, but I genuinly thinks he would prefer

brawler types to continental ballpassers. Hence why he is deploying cabaye so deep, reluctancy to playing ben arfa and crossing it to Ba.

There seems to be a disparity between our transfer policy and our fotballing philosophy which is due to the fact that our manager has nothing to do with who we bring in, thats at the business side of things and for resale purposes.  But you cant really blame Pardew for that. He has his style and does what he does best, with what he believes to be the best players for each position.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt - but lets see how we finish before we sharpen our pitchforks. He is our manager for the next 4 years, so lets get behind him - we are all fans here  O0

as much as i have hated the defensive play and longballs, i'd take pardew over houghton anyday,

appreciated what houghton did for us, but i think pardew is a better manager all round.

Pardew says "Foot off the pedal" people go mental.

Pardew says "We'll work hard" people go mental.

It's a lose-lose man.

Or he could say: "We need to get back to playing well, focus on retaining possession, playing it out from the back and playing some football that is an enjoyable spectacle for the supporters." 

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nothing remotely good about our team at the moment other than the abilities of certain individuals.

Are we hard to beat? We've lost 7 games to date in 28 matches.

Are we tough to score against? We've condeded 41 goals in 28 matches. In short we are likely to concede in every match and given we have only scored 40 goals, that means we are more likely to either draw or lose a game than win.

Are we capable of beating sides? We've won a healthy 12 but we've lost 7 and drew 8, that's 15 games we haven't won.

Our strengths are:

High work ethic

Team spirit

Individual brilliance

That is all our side has to offer. Tactically we are a mess. The shape, the system, the roles of key players, are all wrong.

For us to win a game the opposition have to be either really poor and really unlucky while we need a combination of good luck, individual brilliance and valiant effort in terms of work ethic and team spirit. We do not beat teams systematically via a combination of tactics, fluid team play and possession football.

It is pardew's job and the coaches to assess the strengths of our side based on the players we have and to date all they seem capable of creating is a hard working and motivated group with great team spirit. Our tactics are primitive and basic. Our team-shape is rigid and lacks compactness and fluidity. Our team lineups are often all wrong too. Pardew has a habit of sending out the wrong side with players in wrong positions. Barton wide left away to Stevenage. Ryan Taylor at left-back or central midfield or right-wing. Obertan as a withdrawn striker.

There is nothing to our side that a similar hard working side cannot compete against. Worryingly such sides like QPR, Wolves and Villa, all terrorised us at points of those respective games. QPR cut us open at least 5 times and but for poor finishing we could have been several goals down before the break. Villa had similar chances. Wolves came back from 2-0 down and had enough chances to actually win the game.

Tiote and Cabaye play far too deep and the gap between them and the forwards is ridiculous. Ba is often isolated up top. When Ryan Taylor plays he drifts infield too much. Our full-backs are not encouraged to get to the byeline or to overlap. Pardew can be seen regularly telling them to stop at around the half-way line. Meaning Jonas has to do all the wing play when he's often teamed up on by 2 to 3 players. Its now happening with Ben Arfa on the right too. Defensively we either hold a high line or a deep line depending on the opposition or game. There is no campactness there, no fluidity. All defenders are encouraged to hit an early ball or to get it forwards quickly, this means a long ball to the front. The 'keeper is instructed likewise. We play a narrow game in midfield. Our tactics are negative and counter productive, designed to contain the opposition and to keep clean sheets. Tactics that clearly don't work because we cannot contain the opposition nor keep a clean sheet. We are utterly hopeless as an attacking force.

We seldom create clear cut chances or enough to comfortably beat the opposition. We allow the opposition too much time on the ball and to dominate our midfield also.

If we have serious designs on finishing in the top 6 on a regular basis and playing in Europea, he needs replaced because he cannot cut the msutard. Our players can though.

For all Pardew's talk preseason and during the season, as we've been more and more successful, and edge closer and closer to a European place, it's clear he's scared shitless. 

Definatly something in this. I like Pardew, quite amazing where he has us in the league but its understandable some fans are concerned at the growing tepidness in our performances. Now Europa is a clear objective, He seems to be getting increasingly paranoid about opposing teams and the side has gone in its shell as a result.

You can take a defeat to Arsenal, but some of the absolute basics recently have been really poor. Passing, retaining possesion etc are so sloppy at times. Set Pieces also remain plain awful. The current run reminds me of some our early season games (QPR, Scunthorpe), where most our players just looked lost.

Wether its down to tactics or stage fright is open to debate, but there in real danger of letting a potentially great season devolve into a mediocre one. If Pardew is streetwise (I think he is) he needs to do the obvious, which is start Ben Arfa week in week out and play two up top without fail. If he persists with this containing method they currently adopt, they will not get europa league.

Huge game on sunday, possibly Pard's biggest for me, asides his first as manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't want to start up the whole Hughton vs Pardew debate but the biggest difference between the two is their character and attitude and how its reflected on the pitch. Hughton is a relaxed, calm and generally positive man and that's how the team was set up, relaxed, calm and positive which enables players to play with freedom and confidence.

When we went 2-0 up against Villa or the mackems, did Hughton try to shut up shop or instruct his midfielders to drop a tad deeper? No, he basically stood by and ALLOWED his team to carry on with what they were doing. Pardew doesn't allow the team to do anything that he himself cannot have some say in or to dictate. 2-0 up at half-time against Wolves it should have been a case of carry on as you were. But no, he instructs the players to shut shop, contain, see the game through.

I'd have more faith in Hughton actually sending this current team out to play football, to get at teams and to win games than Pardew who I have no faith in at all now.

Guest neesy111

I don't want to start up the whole Hughton vs Pardew debate but the biggest difference between the two is their character and attitude and how its reflected on the pitch. Hughton is a relaxed, calm and generally positive man and that's how the team was set up, relaxed, calm and positive which enables players to play with freedom and confidence.

When we went 2-0 up against Villa or the mackems, did Hughton try to shut up shop or instruct his midfielders to drop a tad deeper? No, he basically stood by and ALLOWED his team to carry on with what they were doing. Pardew doesn't allow the team to do anything that he himself cannot have some say in or to dictate. 2-0 up at half-time against Wolves it should have been a case of carry on as you were. But no, he instructs the players to shut shop, contain, see the game through.

I'd have more faith in Hughton actually sending this current team out to play football, to get at teams and to win games than Pardew who I have no faith in at all now.

This.