Alan Pardew

JH

It is, it's just the fact it went to a tribunal was why it's been publicised hugely is why people hang on to it.  This club has had numerous owners in the past who've been just a guilty in spouting bollocks to the fans to back their own case.

And that makes it right?  Just because others have then it's OK?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fine. Continue to beat up the monkey whilst the organ grinder stands there smugly watching.

But you don't approve of beating up the organ grinder either, you say it's a waste of effort and won't make any difference :lol: Dave, hit the off button, this place is finished :lol:

I never said I didn't approve of going after Ashley. My concern is everything that's been proposed will be like giving him a dead leg as opposed to 'beating him up'.

It hasn't read that way, but ok fair enough. Seriously, have you got any thoughts at all about what can be done to beat him up/change him for the better? It's just that what I've read from you has been ultra-passive, almost to the point of masochism given that you agree they've been poisonous to the club and are likely to continue to be, and it's depressing stuff. Didn't originally intend to spring this on you in here, so apologies for that, but it's just you say you'd flout/weaken any boycott, won't abuse him in in the stadium for fear of the consequences etc. So what do you think can/should be done by supporters to improve the club's future?

:dontknow:

We've huffed and puffed before and nothing has happened. He's the man with the power at the end of the day and will go when he wants to - unless we can pluck a willing billionaire out of our arses.

It so fucking frustrating!

As billionaire owners go he seems to be the most hands on, attending most of the games, watching training etc.

If he wasnt so detested by other money men, he may have found a partner to help him with some of the burden.

loads are proven and they will all admit it as part of the game. "no such and such isn't for sale" "no we aren't ineterested in such and such", "player x is definitly out at thew weekend", "no there was no altercation between myself and david beckham" as yul brynner would say etc etc etc.

Our club owner admitted that he'd lied to the fans.  :lol:

Like Freddy Shepherd didn't as well.

not just fred, they all do, they have to to survive and realistically they'd be fucked if they didn't.

ironically most in here backed the clubs stance of not telling the truth in various behind the scenes incidents for example carrolls "assault" on taylor.

No it doesn't, but people thinking that Ashley is a special case regarding to that he lied to the fans is a little naive.

I'm not sure anybody is expecting him to be a special case, lying to the fans is wrong and it doesn't matter how many others do it, it's still wrong. 

No it doesn't, but people thinking that Ashley is a special case regarding to that he lied to the fans is a little naive.

I'm not sure anybody is expecting him to be a special case, lying to the fans is wrong and it doesn't matter how many others do it, it's still wrong. 

lies keep the world ticking over. we all do it and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Guest neesy111

Like Freddy Shepherd didn't as well.

What has he got to do with this?

Well you and others think Ashley not being honest and lying is a special event.  When in fact it's the norm, it will continue to happen under Ashley or any new owner that would come in and has happened in the past.  People need to get over it tbh.

it's not an ideal world, no-one tells the 100% truth man and it would be an awful world if we did.

I'm not expecting everybody to tell the truth 100% of the time, I just don't expect those running our club are going to consistently lie to us, that's not too much to expect.

Well you and others think Ashley not being honest and lying is a special event.  When in fact it's the norm, it will continue to happen under Ashley or any new owner that would come in and has happened in the past.  People need to get over it tbh.

You're seeing things which haven't been said, I haven't a clue what you're on about.

Guest neesy111

Nobody is saying it's a special event man :lol: Quit now neesy, just walk away from this thread.

Well the way people talk about it and make constant reference to the event makes a view of that it is.

Nobody is saying it's a special event man :lol: Quit now neesy, just walk away from this thread.

Well the way people talk about it and make constant reference to the event makes a view of that it is.

If I went out and murdered someone, and then said "well that bloke there murdered someone too", how does it make it any more right?

It's not being implied though, is it? You nimrod.

it's not an ideal world, no-one tells the 100% truth man and it would be an awful world if we did.

I'm not expecting everybody to tell the truth 100% of the time, I just don't expect those running our club are going to consistently lie to us, that's not too much to expect.

i would doubt he's lied more than any other club owner and we'll be at a disadvantage if he goes clean now.

with everything in life it depends what the lies are. i would expect anyone in charge of the club to say things are fine even when there is tension.

what exactly were the lies he told that set him aside from everyone else ?

Guest neesy111

It's not being implied though, is it? You nimrod.

So why has it been brought up then as the 1st point of reference against Ashley then regularly on here?!?

If I went out and murdered someone, and then said "well that bloke there murdered someone too", how does it make it any more right?

do you tell the police that you've been speeding ? or give metro inspectors the wrong address ?

i would doubt he's lied more than any other club owner and we'll be at a disadvantage if he goes clean now.

with everything in life it depends what the lies are. i would expect anyone in charge of the club to say things are fine even when there is tension.

what exactly were the lies he told that set him aside from everyone else ?

I'm sure you know what the lies were, it was about Keegan having final say on transfers.

I've not got a problem with the owner/chairman either telling lies or keeping schtum about things if it benefits the club. 

Having people who own/run the club being 100% honest in every interview/press release just doesn't happen imo. It's a game.