Alan Pardew

JH

Why would Llambias be reportedly angry at Hughton for signing Best and Perch if the manager isn't responsible for transfers? Or are the bad transfers Hughton's responsibility and the good ones - like Tiote and HBA - scouted and handled by the omniscient regime that is Llambias, Ashley and superscout Carr?

Not responding to your post alone but all the posts in general. Basically people even if Hughton didn't go out there and scout the players himself, he still had the final say on getting them here and played a role in attracting them to the club.

By the way some talk on here it's as if he was the anti-christ, however I still remember what he done for this club and we need to give credit where credit is due. Pardew has done a good job so far however, we must not forget the (disgraceful) circumstances in which he came in, though I must stress that although Ashley must be the one to blame for those circumstances, Pardew still had a hand in it. Now he's done well, but he hasn't signed any of his own players (except Kuqi) and as such we should recoginise that Hughton must have had a hand in the dealing bringing Tiote and unifying the team and TBH it does seem as if he could have kept all our major players here as they loved him. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1336641/Newcastle-bring-big-Chris-Hughton-sacking-joke-says-Jose-Enrique.html

But I do say that pardew has done a good job, so far, it's just the circumstances in which he came here make me hesitant to be declaring him the Geordie Messiah like some are saying on here. But still a good job so far.

Doubt there are many takers on the Geordie Messiah but you might get a bit of action on "has done a good job, so far". I said on here (can't be arsed to look when) that it's a judgement call on whether AP is an upgrade on CH. Based on not very much I happen to think he is.

What I'm saying is that on this forum being a Pardew fan seems to be the "in" thing, which is fine, but to say that he's ban upgrade on Hughton is stupid and no-one can actually give any evidence (which you admit so fairs fair) but TBH I would like to see an actual arguement why he's better than Hughton, because in my mind the fact that Hughton has won more trophies in a season than Pardew has in his entire career says a lot.

I'll have a go. Pardew never managed a squad like the one we had in the Championship. Hughton never got a team he was managing to a Cup Final. But we all know that's not really relevant, as I said its a judgement call on where we are now.

IIRC the year after the cup final West Ham finished seventeenth (they were in the relegation zone when he got sacked) plus he had the worst run of results for the Hammers in seventy years.

So he may be alright this season, but next season it can be expected to be a shaky one.

I was a fan of Hughton and defended him a lot on here but I think Pardew has improved the team, regardless of what you think of him as a man.

How has he improved the team? Kuqi?

Of course - we all know Kuqi has been identified as Carroll's replacement.  :rolleyes:

How has he improved the team then ???

We score more goals and are harder to beat for certain. 11 games, 16 points F18 A13 GD+5.  6th on form over the period of his 11 games. And how many of the games have been without AC?

You would have to be churlish bastard indeed to not at least think he's done a decent job so far.

Against the teams you would consider to be rivals for a recently promoted side, we look more solid and the results reflect that. Pardew hasn't had the wow results that Hughton got but almost more importantly we've beaten most of of the bottom sides under Pardew whilst we struggled to an extent to do that under Hughton.

Pardew took maximum points from Wigan and Birmingham and also beat West Ham. Hughton also beat West Ham but slumped to poor defeats at West Brom and to Blackpool. In terms of getting points from the sides at the bottom, so far, Pardew has the upper hand.

I'm happy enough with Pardew so far, he's done a good job. Nothing Hughton couldn't have done IMO, but that's irrelevant really considering we'll never know.  It's a strange situation because normally an outgoing manager is doing particularly poorly and any upturn is easy to spot.

I'm happy enough with Pardew so far, he's done a good job. Nothing Hughton couldn't have done IMO, but that's irrelevant really considering we'll never know.  It's a strange situation because normally an outgoing manager is doing particularly poorly and any upturn is easy to spot.

Hughton was a busted flush and it was the right decision to peddle him. 5-1 and 3-1 away defeats in his final two away games 2 points from 15 iirc. from his final 5 games.

He was also completely undermined by the regime and with hindsight he should have jacked in with dignity when calderwood was refused a contract and was forced to move on.

Hughton wouldn't have achieved the same IMO he had been shown up a few times this season and he looked worryingly indecisive when we were under the cosh. Pards is a better manager, he makes better decisions and quicker. Loved Hughton as a bloke but in the long term he was never going be the answer, he just doesn't have the nous to be a top manager.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Hughton wouldn't have achieved the same IMO he had been shown up a few times this season and he looked worryingly indecisive when we were under the cosh. Pards is a better manager, he makes better decisions and quicker. Loved Hughton as a bloke but in the long term he was never going be the answer, he just doesn't have the nous to be a top manager.

Under the cosh without Tiote? I think if Pards didn't have him he wouldn't be doing so well.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Then again, Pards was without Carroll for a lot of games too.

Yes but Carroll despite his reputation was never the hub of the team, unlike Tiote is invaluable to us. Seriously until Tiote gets injured/leaves then we can't judge at all. I mean look at Hughtons luck, he had tons of injuries such as HBA, I mean how was he supposed to tell De Jong would go all dutch on him ???

How many games did Tiote miss under Hughton? He missed 3 under Pardew and in those games we played very well v Sunderland and Spurs.

I'm happy enough with Pardew so far, he's done a good job. Nothing Hughton couldn't have done IMO, but that's irrelevant really considering we'll never know.  It's a strange situation because normally an outgoing manager is doing particularly poorly and any upturn is easy to spot.

Depends on what sort of timescale you use. After the Arsenal victory (which I will be the first to agree was a fantastic result), our form nosedived drastically. Losing at home to Blackburn 1-2 and West Brom 1-3, drawing at home to Fulham 0-0 and thrashed at Bolton 5-1, teams that would all end up around us or relegated (in the case of W. Brom) were all very poor results. The only respite seemed to be the 1-1 home draw with Chelsea. So if you compare Hughton's last few matches with the results since Pardew took over, the form upturn is clear as day unless you are just deliberately closing your eyes and refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Depends on what sort of timescale you use. After the Arsenal victory (which I will be the first to agree was a fantastic result), our form nosedived drastically. Losing at home to Blackburn 1-2 and West Brom 1-3, drawing at home to Fulham 0-0 and thrashed at Bolton 5-1, teams that would all end up around us or relegated (in the case of W. Brom) were all very poor results. The only respite seemed to be the 1-1 home draw with Chelsea. So if you compare Hughton's last few matches with the results since Pardew took over, the form upturn is clear as day unless you are just deliberately closing your eyes and refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

Yes  but please look at the injury lists for those games, Pardew has had yet to go through a stage with so many key injuries/suspensions.

Yes but Carroll despite his reputation was never the hub of the team, unlike Tiote is invaluable to us. Seriously until Tiote gets injured/leaves then we can't judge at all. I mean look at Hughtons luck, he had tons of injuries such as HBA, I mean how was he supposed to tell De Jong would go all dutch on him ???

Fair point about HBA but it's the same HBA that has not played under Pardew either, so that point is moot. In terms of injuries/suspensions to key players, Pardew has had a more difficult time which made the upturn in  form even more impressive!

Guest EastEndGeordie

Fair point about HBA but it's the same HBA that has not played under Pardew either, so that point is moot. In terms of injuries/suspensions to key players, Pardew has had a more difficult time which made the upturn in  form even more impressive!

How has he had a more difficult time, that is such rubbish, seriously next season I'm going to quote this because Pardew has come in as a new manager and managers always do well when they first come in look at Souness, Roeder etc, seriously I'm not going to say anything more, but next season I think a lot of people will be changing their minds about saying that he's an upgrade when Carlton Cole comes in and partners ol' Shola upfont.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/bossnads/remotruth.jpg

So it's okay to judge and sack a manager on the basis of five games now? How pathetically short-sighted.

Which is why I said it depends on the timescale you use, gosh you really must be blind. Those 5 games should not be used to asess Hughton's overall 'achievement' as a manager but is a sufficient yardstick to see where our form was going (it's called a trend Dave) and whether our form improved under Pardew.

So it's okay to judge and sack a manager on the basis of five games now? How pathetically short-sighted. I look forward to the calls for Pardew to go when we have our next run of LDLDL.

Why do you sound surprised? You know the calls will come :lol:

So it's okay to judge and sack a manager on the basis of five games now? How pathetically short-sighted.

Which is why I said it depends on the timescale you use, gosh you really must be blind. Those 5 games should not be used to sessed Hughton's overall 'achievement' as a manager but is a sufficient yardstick to see where our form was going (it's called a trend Dave) and whether our form improved under Pardew.

Can you fuck off following me around? Cheers.

Which is why I said it depends on the timescale you use, gosh you really must be blind. Those 5 games should not be used to sessed Hughton's overall 'achievement' as a manager but is a sufficient yardstick to see where our form was going (it's called a trend Dave) and whether our form improved under Pardew.

Can you f*** off following me around? Cheers.

Following you around???  :lol: :lol: :lol:... you think too highly of yourself

What's your problem? I just happen to disagree with lots of your views  :lol:

You make a silly point on a public forum, of course you'll be shown up for it. Peace