Alan Pardew

JH

neesy mate, sometimes i don't think it's that your wrong, just that the gods will wait to see what you have decided then make things turn out otherwise just to have a giggle at your expense.

:lol:

I'm fast losing patience with him. Not because he's done a bad job, because he hasn't, but because he's making the same mistakes and not learning from them.

Very similar to Hughton in that respect.

He's now got 2 weeks to come up with something for Wolves who are on a bit a roll. Saturday 3pm kick off means I'm not too hopeful. Our 3 (winnable) remaining home fixtures are scarily close to the Boro, Pompey and Fulham fixtures we had at the end of the season we went down.

Sincere question - to which mistakes do you refer?

One of the reasons I think Hughton was so well liked (and evidently continues to be so) was because of his lack of hubris.

He saw Perch wasn't working out, and when Simpson was fit again he replaced him (without publicly destroying Perch's confidence either).

He saw Smith was shite, and brought in Tiote (and displaced Smith from the team to accommodate him I might add)

He saw we needed some more quality and creativity to link midfield and attack and he pursued Ben Arfa.

He didn't strike me as intransigent or especially prideful about any of his decisions.

Guest neesy111

Starting to feel dejavue with Pardew from the Glenn Roeder experience.  Good start papering over his mistakes.

Would like to be proved wrong as I'm usually am.

neesy mate, sometimes i don't think it's that your wrong, just that the gods will wait to see what you have decided then make things turn out otherwise just to have a giggle at your expense.

Good job I don't believe in such shit.  Unless I'd go crazy at the thought.

Starting to feel dejavue with Pardew from the Glenn Roeder experience.  Good start papering over his mistakes.

Good job I don't believe in such s***.  Unless I'd go crazy at the thought.

neesy man, if i were you i'd take the gods option, otherwise........well think about it.

Guest neesy111

neesy man, if i were you i'd take the gods option, otherwise........well think about it.

I like being wrong actually.  Means the one time I get something right I can cheerish it for the rest of my life.

I like being wrong actually.  Means the one time I get something right I can cheerish it for the rest of my life.

i wonder what it will be ?

I'm fast losing patience with him. Not because he's done a bad job, because he hasn't, but because he's making the same mistakes and not learning from them.

Very similar to Hughton in that respect.

He's now got 2 weeks to come up with something for Wolves who are on a bit a roll. Saturday 3pm kick off means I'm not too hopeful. Our 3 (winnable) remaining home fixtures are scarily close to the Boro, Pompey and Fulham fixtures we had at the end of the season we went down.

Sincere question - to which mistakes do you refer?

Negative tactics against shit opposition and dreadful use of subs were the main 2 annoyances for me. Some of his starting XI's were a bit  :yikes: too but not all of that was his fault. I'm not having a major pop at Hughton here either btw but he did make mistakes and didn't seem to learn from them.

Fair enough. I think he was pretty unfortunate with some of those results incidentally - like the Blackpool game which is paraded about so often - but in which we had 13 shots and they had 4. His substitutions were a bit off though, that's true enough.

Having said that, wouldn't say that he didn't learn from his mistakes/wasn't progressing, based on the part of my post you cut (for formatting purposes, I assume) ;) and the balance of things he did address compared to what you feel he didn't.

Fair enough. I think he was pretty unfortunate with some of those results incidentally - like the Blackpool game which is paraded about so often - but in which we had 13 shots and they had 4. His substitutions were a bit off though, that's true enough.

Having said that, wouldn't say that he didn't learn from his mistakes/wasn't progressing, based on the part of my post you cut (for formatting purposes, I assume) ;) and the balance of things he did address compared to what you feel he didn't.

we had 13 shots and didn't create one good chance.

The stuff I cut had no bearing on the mistakes I was talking about. Tactics, starting XI's and subs. :)

(Binning Perch and Smith from the starting line-up's isn't good management it's simply having the power of sight)

The stuff I cut had no bearing on the mistakes I was talking about. Tactics, starting XI's and subs. :)

You might not feel it has a bearing on what you originally referred to, and that's fair enough - it was afterall your point - but if you're looking at whether he displayed capabilities of learning/progression as a manager overall, it still counts.

(Binning Perch and Smith from the starting line-up's isn't good management it's simply having the power of sight)

Like starting Ranger over Loven? Or keeping our established RB Simpson in his correct position when our LB gets injured? Oh...  :razz:

You might not feel it has a bearing on what you originally referred to, and that's fair enough - it was afterall your point - but if you're looking at whether he displayed capabilities of learning/progression as a manager overall, it still counts.

Like starting Ranger over Loven? Or keeping our established RB Simpson in his correct position when our LB gets injured? Oh...  :razz:

Not picking the players who regularly let you down should be a given at any level of management.

Playing Simpson out of position is barmy whoever does it. Not quite sure where you're going with this tbh. ???

My point was that something you quite sensibly regard as a "given" clearly aren't to all managers - as Lovenkrands has enjoyed continued runs in the team ahead of a fit Nile Ranger/Pardew continues to play people out of position. Hughton also evinced a capability to adapt in playing Barton at RM too.

My point was that something you quite sensibly regard as a "given" clearly aren't to all managers - as Lovenkrands has enjoyed continued runs in the team ahead of a fit Nile Ranger/Pardew continues to play people out of position. Hughton also evinced a capability to adapt in playing Barton at RM too.

He also enjoyed a run of playing Danny Guthrie there too which was a disaster - all managers make mistakes. It's how they recover from those mistakes is what's important. (like bringing in Routledge in the CH/playing Barton in the PL).

Pardew has made mistakes in these last two games. If he doesn't rectify those mistakes against Wolves and Villa, that is the time to worry. He's to blame but he still has a chance to learn from it.

I'm not singling Hughton out. I can't fathom out how Pardew continues to pick Lovenkrands at all, let alone on the wing. Hughton also played Guthrie out of position on the right of midfield and persisted with it. I'd forgotten about that one. :thup:

I think it's fair to say that both Hughton and Pardew are desperately flawed as managers.

Its most certainly looking that way. Everton humbled us but should have had 5. Stoke was the hiding we avoided last home game.

Wolves next - with our home record?   

I fear the worst.

I think it's fair to say that both Hughton and Pardew are desperately flawed as managers.

Neither are/were particularly amazing in this league but there's only one that I felt was capable of learning and improving. Importantly I think the players believed it too.

Neither are/were particularly amazing in this league but there's only one that I felt was capable of learning and improving. Importantly I think the players believed it too.

:thup:

Guest BooBoo

Dave- you may be right. The momentum we had at the start of the season under Hughton is long gone. I'm not writing Pards off just yet but the great early season wins seem a long time ago.

Dave- you may be right. The momentum we had at the start of the season under Hughton is long gone. I'm not writing Pards off just yet but the great early season wins seem a long time ago.

:sadnod:

The loyalty and momentum under Hughton is partly down to the fact that it was his team though - he built it, and they trusted him because of it. No matter who came in, it was going to be hard to get the players on-side.

Why was Enrique given the go ahead to start this match only to limp out early on? If he isn't fit, why the f*** risk him?

maybe after asking him and examining him they thought he was fit enough ?