Alan Pardew

JH

Not sure if it's been posted, but a decent interview on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14897097.stm?

Speaks very well, admits we were poor and seems to realise where we went wrong  - vastly preferable to the approach of someone like Bruce who would've tried to pretend they had dominated the game.

Canny interview.

One of the things I like about Pardew is that he does give a good interview. He might not always think through everything he says but at least he has something to say.

Considering we cleared 2/3 off the line this line about Krul not having to make a save that I keep reading makes me laugh.

So he didn't have to make a save then?  Simpson and S.Taylor did it for him.

Got caught out a couple of times coming for the ball and then changing his mind, SWP tried chipping him both times one was going in but for Taylor's great clearance.

I know he did mate.  It was more a comment on how we managed to keep another clean sheet and their poor finishing, but some pedant decided to have a moan.

Pop at me I'm guessing. You were making it come across that he had noubt to do but anyone watching the match knew that wasn't true. It wasn't due to great defence we kept a clean sheet last night it was down to their p*ss poor finishing.

Well I thought the back 4 was ok ish, barring Raylor who had an absolute car crash of a game, pretty much everything came down that flank.  Poor finishing to a degree, but we did scrap and put challenges in on a lot of their efforts, which obviously helped.  They missed the Bothroyd sitter and SWP's header, which was far more difficult then what Sky made out I thought, but the rest of their chances we had pressure on the ball or lads on the line.

Yeah, we should have lost 3-0, just trying to put a positive slant on it  :mike:

Considering we cleared 2/3 off the line this line about Krul not having to make a save that I keep reading makes me laugh.

So he didn't have to make a save then?  Simpson and S.Taylor did it for him.

Got caught out a couple of times coming for the ball and then changing his mind, SWP tried chipping him both times one was going in but for Taylor's great clearance.

I know he did mate.  It was more a comment on how we managed to keep another clean sheet and their poor finishing, but some pedant decided to have a moan.

Pop at me I'm guessing. You were making it come across that he had noubt to do but anyone watching the match knew that wasn't true. It wasn't due to great defence we kept a clean sheet last night it was down to their p*ss poor finishing.

Well I thought the back 4 was ok ish, barring Raylor who had an absolute car crash of a game, pretty much everything came down that flank.  Poor finishing to a degree, but we did scrap and put challenges in on a lot of their efforts, which obviously helped.  They missed the Bothroyd sitter and SWP's header, which was far more difficult then what Sky made out I thought, but the rest of their chances we had pressure on the ball or lads on the line.

Yeah, we should have lost 3-0, just trying to put a positive slant on it  :mike:

thats not very positive lol,  try harder.

4 league defeats in the calendar year.

1 defeat in last 11.

It's not pretty though, is it? That was one of his major selling points upon arrival, that he would bring us a "better brand" of football. This season has been pretty shocking so far in that respect.

Not complaining about the points haul, mind.

Not sure if it's been posted, but a decent interview on the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14897097.stm?

Speaks very well, admits we were poor and seems to realise where we went wrong  - vastly preferable to the approach of someone like Bruce who would've tried to pretend they had dominated the game.

More Pardew waffle. He says that the midfield was probably out-numbered, but you can put as many numbers in there as you like, if you whack it long over their heads it will make no difference. Here's a clue Pards - watch Man U, Chelsea or Man City and try and spot what they do different to us. They don't fucking whack it down the pitch towards two 6ft Neanderthals you numbskull. Just pick a team capable of playing football and ask them to do that.

1 defeat in last 11.

It's not pretty though, is it? That was one of his major selling points upon arrival, that he would bring us a "better brand" of football. This season has been pretty shocking so far in that respect.

Where's that "better brand" quote from?

Definately hoping for an improvement but not too worried yet. The players we have brought in should get us there but may take a while to gel, and it's not helped when we lack the kind of striker that can give us the confidence to be more adventurous.

1 defeat in last 11.

Definately hoping for an improvement but not too worried yet. The players we have brought in should get us there but may take us a while, and it's not helped when we lack the kind of striker that can give us the confidence to be more adventurous.

I think that's another red herring thrown out there by Pardew. While Ben Arfa will definitely help, we have enough decent players who can do a job in attack and midfield if we set them up the right way IMO. Marveaux could play in that role, even Ba looked useful last night. Pardew needs to stop bullshitting about how great we are defending and get his players passing the ball from the back and building up moves like most normal teams do. Any player who repeatedly loses possession should be replaced. It's not rocket science, honestly.

1 defeat in last 11.

Definately hoping for an improvement but not too worried yet. The players we have brought in should get us there but may take a while to gel, and it's not helped when we lack the kind of striker that can give us the confidence to be more adventurous.

It's not from anywhere official, just me using a phrase I saw mentioned a bit by others describing this new, passing style Pardew has spoken about, to justify when the likes of Carroll and Nolan were sold.

Hes not going to be asking them to hoof it long is he, following all his quotes about us playing differently this season.

It'll be momentary decisions from the players, which he'll have to work on. Hes given his reasoning for playing two big lads upfront, it didnt work out. Hopefully he'll learn from it & we'll see a different side next week.

I do think we'll be alright by the way, but last night was particularly poor.

It was shite like, and if Pardew had done a Brucey and papered over it I'd be pretty worried, but he hasn't. We know tactically where we went wrong and he accepts that he held onto the formation for to long, but there we also the unavoidable factors that some players were simply not clicking on the night and some of the passing was well... beyond shite.

Hopefully we'll get to see Santon on the left today and Pardew follows through on his insistence that they'll be focusing higher up the pitch against Villa. Looking forward to it oddly. :lol: :thup:

/oh apropos of nowt, noticed there was a quote earlier in the thread from Pardew where he said the full backs were terrific which was criticised. That's fair enough, but in the interview I think that came from, the terrific bit was really aimed at the centre backs imho (was part of a bit of a rambling sentence).

First mistake, start Shola instead of Ba. Second mistake, hesitating on bringing on another midfielder. In such a thight pitch another midfielder is literally another striker. Marveaux in the hole would've made the world of difference in that game from the off. He helps out alot defensively and he's really good with the ball at his feet. We so much missed that interlink between attack and defence throughout the game. Even when Ba came in it was better. He dropped down to take on the headers, get controll of the ball. For me Ba all day long instead of Shola. Much more mobility and can take down the ball at pace.

Hes not going to be asking them to hoof it long is he, following all his quotes about us playing differently this season.

It'll be momentary decisions from the players, which he'll have to work on. Hes given his reasoning for playing two big lads upfront, it didnt work out. Hopefully he'll learn from it & we'll see a different side next week.

If we see any difference it will be because the players adapt by themselves when more technical players are introduced. I don't see any hint of active coaching to get us to play from the back like Keegan did when he was trying to undo Fat Sam's brainwashing. If what he's doing is a plan which to gradually introduce the new players to English football it's not a very good one. I'm sure Cabaye and the like would prefer to play on the deck.

1 defeat in last 11.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/16/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-fans-entertainment

Alan Pardew has promised Newcastle United fans that he will send out a side capable of winning with style.

"Our crowd wants the team to play a brand of football to get them on their feet; that ain't going to happen all the time but my work on the training ground needs to reflect the history of the club," said Pardew as he marked his first week in charge at St James' Park.

If we see any difference it will be because the players adapt by themselves when more technical players are introduced. I don't see any hint of active coaching to get us to play from the back like Keegan did when he was trying to undo Fat Sam's brainwashing. If what he's doing is a plan which to gradually introduce the new players to English football it's not a very good one. I'm sure Cabaye and the like would prefer to play on the deck.

pard was really f***ing clueless last night,  i mean it reminded me of the days under  Roeder, in the first half tiote was futher foward than cabaye some of the time,  it was reminiscent of parker and emre,  when glenn use to let parker bomb foward leaving fatboy emre in the hole to mop up.  f***ing clueless tactics.  it should be the other way round.  cabaye is much than a defensive midfielder, he can atually be effective futher up

it also disturbs me when i heard pardew speak last season about giving tiote more licence to go foward in the future,  for f*** sake!  dont f*** up the game of one player that we genuine need to depend upon.  tiote's game is solely to be the destroyer thats what he's great at, dont f*** around with him and tell him to go foward when he doesnt need to.  we have other players for that.  having said all this tiote werent much fucking good playing deep either last night, i dont know what was wrong with him last night.

pardew is someone that talks a great game, but really he's just all talk and no f***ing clue what he's doing. 

It's still just words. He needs to do the changes as well.

Obviously, but it is encouraging that he's aware of where we went wrong, and admits to being too slow in making the changes.

its one thing admitting you're wrong, another thing is knowing you're wrong and doing f*** all about it.

81 minutes before he changed the shape of the team?( should have changed it after 45 minutes at the most!) when pardew said he got it wrong he excused his mistake as a "gamble"

he f***ing said he gambled on our strong defence , which is why he continue with two men uptop and not bringing on another midfield.  wtf???

thats not gambling thats kamikaze tactician

he's seeing our team ripped apart and by some miracle we manage not to concede thanks to the turd they had upfront,  complete out numbered out passed outclassed in midfield yet he didnt bother to bring on another man in midfield becuase he "gambled" ????

im sorry?  but for a so called premiership manager with that many years of experience being paid thousands a week, to pass that mistake off as a "gamble" is completely unacceptable.

I was extremely disappointed that he settled for just 1 point against QPR.  Yea I know it's away and we have a number of key players unfit/not available but if we didn't pick out these points we are wasting our decent start.  We are in a very good position for a top 6 finish FFS.

That said, credit where it's due, our defense are playing extremely well considering it's Raylor on the left.  A particular highlight is that obviously Saylor/Coloccini has formed a great understanding with Krul.  There were a few times that Krul comes out very aggressively to block opponent's shots while Saylor was running back to the goal and Coloccini was marking the other opponents.  This will only works if they knew what exactly they should do at that moment.

I remember there are quotes that Pardew is mainly responsible for the defense while Carver is responsible for the attack.  If this is true, then good job Pards.  And now, please solve out the attack, which is not difficult - just don't play Ameobi, or play 5 midfielders if we are away.

I always see people on here chuffed when we're going 4-4-2, saying they're glad we're 'going for it' etc.

Pardew wrongly seemed to think the same thing last night, we would've probably created more chances with that extra man in midfield.  The sooner we change to 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever, the better.

It's still just words. He needs to do the changes as well.

Obviously, but it is encouraging that he's aware of where we went wrong, and admits to being too slow in making the changes.

It's taken him 5 games to see where he's gone wrong when most of us were pointing it out from the first game? He's clueless man. I've stuck up for him for a long time but he's starting to remind me scarily of Souness in talking a good game but not having the slightest idea how to implement it. The best we can hope for from this clod is that he picks the right players and they organise themselves to good effect. He's not a manager, he should be selling double glazed windows.

I always see people on here chuffed when we're going 4-4-2, saying they're glad we're 'going for it' etc.

Pardew wrongly seemed to think the same thing last night, we would've probably created more chances with that extra man in midfield.  The sooner we change to 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or whatever, the better.

my sentiments exactly, alot of people always seem to think, if you play 4-4-2 that automatically mean you are attacking.  complete crap, i think pardew seems to think we all think of the systems just like that, give us some fucking credit, 

i thought that was his sole reason for sticking with 4-4-2 at home, because he thought that gave us fans the impression we are set out to attack.    but then he goes on doing the same shit at away games,  its baffling.  lump the ball long, long ball long ball.  jesus.

it also disturbs me when i heard pardew speak last season about giving tiote more licence to go foward in the future,  for f*** sake!  dont f*** up the game of one player that we genuine need to depend upon.  tiote's game is solely to be the destroyer thats what he's great at, dont f*** around with him and tell him to go foward when he doesnt need to.  we have other players for that.  having said all this tiote werent much f***ing good playing deep either last night, i dont know what was wrong with him last night.

Given Tiote's current form, we are doing a kamikaze if Cabaye didn't play that deep.  If you remember last match (if you have watched it), notice how many fucking times Tiote let Taarabt free to receive and turn to run? Part of the reason why Raylor had a nightmare was because Taarabt was free in the middle and able to make direct pass to SWP.  I agree Cabaye should be the player who goes forward instead of Tiote, but at this moment we deadly need Cabaye to play deep there.  If we want a player to go forward, we'd better play Vuckic or Guthrie and drop Tiote.

Pardew changed formation at half time against Arsenal (Ba off, Obertan on), so I have no idea why he didn't bother changing it at HT last night.

Raylor was getting shafted by SWP in the first half, I honestly thought he would have brought Santon on.  At least he could see Shola was shit and brought him off early in the second half.